The Barry Allen/Flash Casting Thread

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by The Valeyard, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake Cassidy

Jake Cassidy Well-Known Member

I agree. Paul would be a great Flash. As for the other two you mentioned, I'd switch them. Kinnaman as Aquaman and Claflin as Hal.

2. Batmannerism

Batmannerism Super-unknown

To be honest, given the current depiction of Hal Jordan as
    an arrogant hot-head, I think Chris Evans would have been perfect.

But back to the Flash.....

I don't get the Aaron Paul rave, yes he's current but is he
    super-hero material ?

And, if the CW is doing a Flash show, (hey, I live in New Zealand, Tv here is way behind, we're still on series 2 of Hawai'i five O) then I suppose Grant Gustin will the Flash in the upcoming film.

But if I were in charge of casting, the big question is , is it Wally West or Barry Allen ?

For Barry Allen

1) Bradley Cooper, he's cool, but funny and doesn't take himself that
    seriously.

2) Ryan Reynolds, much better suited to the Flash than GL, could still be
    fixed though (again, remember Chris Evans ?) quick witted, smart mouth and the right build.

3) Paul Walker.....Rest in Peace. Enjoyed his F n F films, and apparently he was an all around good guy - embodies the essential decency of Barry Allen (remember this is the guy who sacrificed himself to save the universe back in 1985).

For Wally West

1) Garret Hedlund, not as good an actor as Cooper, but still pretty solid.

2) Logan Lerman, for a younger Wally,

3) Jamie Bell, better actor than both of the above, but would have to master an American accent.

Just IMO though.

3. slumcat

slumcat Well-Known Member

If this is the case then what you are saying is true. If his muscles head at such an accelerated rate then basically he could bodybuild every single day and not over train. Body building is basically tearing out or destroying your muscle so that when resting it repairs and builds stronger in proportion to the effort it will be required to that. So Flash could indeed become very muscular with training.

The diet though, if he has a very high metabolism, he will have to eat a lot more to put on mass, if he eats balanced, he will have some muscles and stay lean, and if he eats less, he would basically be slimmer but super ripped.

So according to what you are saying, the actor playing Flash should be with decent mass but extremely shredded. Thankfully actors CAN pull off such a physique and have done so in the past.

Some examples are Henry Cavill in Immortals (not MOS lol, he's too muscly in that).
    [​IMG]

and Cam Gigandet in Never Back Down.
    [​IMG]

If these actors can get the correct physique, even the Flash actor should be able to. These days give an actor a good amount of time and a great trainer and he will mostly deliver.

4. WarriorDreamer

WarriorDreamer Well-Known Member

Someone who is kind of toned/ athletic but that's not as important. They have to be young and be able to be funny/ witty. Since Flash can bring humor to the film.

5. Bangarang

Bangarang Well-Known Member

I have a strong feeling it will be Barry in this film, not Wally. This is based on Barry's recent exposure/success and the fact that he is the characters only hope of actually being taken serious by the general audience, everyone just thinks "he's a guy who runs fast". Barry is not the comic relief, and should not be treated as such. The only reason they always write the flash to be so stupid and funny is because if he actually was sharp and focused the rest of the league would be out of a job. The bottom line is that he is no more a comedic relief than anyone else.

6. Bangarang

Bangarang Well-Known Member

You've got the general idea, although I can't stand Cam. I have faith they'll get the physique accomplished, I'm just worried about his personality and powers. He should move like Faora but faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkK7_FsJE7Q

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  7. Airwings

Airwings Waves of air

I would prefer if he has some serious elements to his character. He should not be the "Tony Stark" of the League.
    Maybe there should be heavily focus on the fact that he's a police scientist.

And The Flash should be insanely powerful, because of the things he can to. Maybe he's even above the others? But isn't this what makes Justice League special? Every member is more godly than the rest, even if this statement doesn't seem logical. But I guess you know what I mean.

8. Airwings

Airwings Waves of air

I don't agree on the majority of suggested actors here. Only a few.

But I have to bring him up again, a guy who is not a washed up former kid actor. Someone who actually still is somewhat relevant: Joe Mazzello.

9. Nemeres

Nemeres Easy, miss. I've got you.

Excellent choice.

I think that getting another traditionally hunky guy, even if he's a good actor, is counterproductive to making Flash set itself apart from other superhero franchises. He'd just be "yet another" superhero.

For Flash, I'd like a lanky, dorky, somewhat eccentric dude who's not as handsome as he's charming. A Neil Patrick Harris type, and I only don't suggest him because he's a tad too old by now. I'd like this, basically, with some of the hipster-ness filtered out:

[​IMG]

That would turn heads. Unconventional, at this point, can only mean more interesting.

10. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

Just saw Hunger Games: Catching Fire last night. I'd be really down with Sam Caflin playing Barry or Aquaman. He was great.

11. Doctor Who

Doctor Who KIDNEYS!!!

I am in complete agreement here. :up:

12. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero Ice Cold

isn't iris adopted in the comics? wally could still be a ginger.

13. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Or Wally is adopted, that could work to.

14. combocaz

combocaz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    begging for a manip.

15. TheNextNolan22

TheNextNolan22 Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Definitely think he would make a great Flash. :up:

16. Airwings

Airwings Waves of air

Thanks!

You make a valid point. The Flash needs to be different, and not generic. He's being compared to a couple of Marvel characters.
    But I don't want to see an Iron Man/Spider-Man film where the character is called Barry Allen instead of Tony Stark/Peter Parker, and has super speed instead of iron suit/spider senses and web shooting.

The pic makes him appear a little science nerdish young guy, I guess. It's more Eisenberg than Mazzello. Perhaps we should avoid the worst kind of stereotype characters from every part of the scale, not just muscular guys but also scientists.
    But you're right that it should be unconvential and head turning.
    I can't stop wishing for Baz to direct a solo Flash. Just bring on the flamboyant and theatrical elements :)

17. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

Not Chris Pine.

Otherwise don't care.

18. Wise

Wise Watchtower Janitor

Sam Claflin is perfect for the role. He's pretty much the Jamie Alexander (What she was for Wonder Woman) for the Flash Role.

Hence why Marvel will cast him as a recurring minor character in something.

19. Nemeres

Nemeres Easy, miss. I've got you.

Sure, but that's up to the actor. I'd just like Barry to look... interesting. Both engaging to watch and relateable. Not just Bradley Cooper in a lab coat. Unconventional can very well mean irreplaceable, as is the case with Downey Jr (how many eyebrows did he raise when he was cast?). Eisenberg is by no means my first choice, but now that you mention it, it would be an experiment more interesting than some of the names I'm seeing here. He or anyone who breaks the mold. Someone who makes a kid think "Hey, you don't need to have male model looks to be a hero".

20. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero Ice Cold

you mean not on their radar, nor a supposed top contender for the role? i wouldn't mind him for flash. seems a bit too cavill like though. like the blonde version. plus he's not hispanic.

21. Wise

Wise Watchtower Janitor

I don't see why Barry should be hispanic. If they want a hispanic member of the Justice League the perfect candidate is staring them in the face.

[​IMG]

22. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero Ice Cold

couldn't agree more.

23. Rowsdower!

LOL

Seriously, enough talk about Jaimie Alexander. Regardless of how "perfect" she would have been as Wonder Woman, she's not Wonder Woman. Guess we'll all just have to be content with watching her suck in the Thor franchise.

24. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero Ice Cold

she did nothing in the thor movies. she's exceptionally attractive, but c'mon. a raspy voiced wonderwoman, nah. we're probably ok. snyder casts well. even affleck.

25. Rowsdower!

Yeah. She was basically pretty wallpaper in armor. But the way some people on these boards talk about her, you'd think she should have won an Oscar for her performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.