The Bat-marathon: Who's tried watching consecutive Bat-films ?

Batmannerism

Super-unknown
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Who's tried a Bat-marathon ? By that I mean watching consecutive Bat-films back to back ?

Back in 1998 I watched Batman '89, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and then Batman and Robin all in a row ( it was a slow week). Not a great way to watch the films, as by the end you really question why you bothered.

This week I managed to watch the entire Nolan trilogy (although last time I did so I was working on a project, and my Missus was out of town, so I just had them on in the background to help me keep track of time).

So what about the rest of you ?

Any comments are welcome including people who have tried to watch the films and failed, lost interest or fell asleep or have particular orders for viewing ( for example, with the Nolan trilogy I watch TDKR first, then BB then finish with TDK, that way I save the best for last).

What crazy Bat marathons have you folks tried ? Animated films count too.

Cheers !

I would love to be able to have the patience yo do this with many film series aswell as Batman i.e. Superman, Friday the 13th, Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc. I find I can watch a film then right after I need a real, seems the only time I can do a marathon is on Halloween when I watch a fair few horror movies in one night.

Is there any particular benefit to be derived out of watching 6 - 7 movies at a time in one sitting ?

It's just a general question, not particularly related to Bat-movies.

I have watched 4 or 5 episodes of TV series in one go (for example Smallville, Arrow), in case of TV series, it's different, often stories have some common thread running through them to keep viewers interested.

But, in case of movies I find all are different and can be viewed independently, for example Batman Returns and Batman and Robin movies have little common (apart from some cast members like Alfred)

then BB, TDK & TDKR are connected but they can also be viewed separately if you have seen those before.

Batman '66 and Batman '89 are the only live action Batman flims I care to re-watch so it wouldn't be much of a marathon for me. Plus I've already seen them both a billion times anyway.

I've watched huge chunks of Batman the Animated Series, the New Batman Adventures, Batman Beyond, and Batman: The Brave and the Bold in single sittings, though. I also watched The Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Edition, Under the Red Hood, and Mask of the Phantasm in one sitting with my friend who had never seen any of them.

I watched 66 89 Returns Forever Batman And Robin And Begins In A row Before TDK And TDKR Came Out.

I tried and failed...with the live action batman films.

I did a marathon though with the animated Batman films:
Batman Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Beyond Return of the Joker
Batman Assault at Arkham,
Batman Vs. Dracula

I tried and failed...with the live action batman films.

I did a marathon though with the animated Batman films:
Batman Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Beyond Return of the Joker
Batman Assault at Arkham,
Batman Vs. Dracula

Cool !

Is there any particular benefit to be derived out of watching 6 - 7 movies at a time in one sitting ?

It's just a general question, not particularly related to Bat-movies.

I have watched 4 or 5 episodes of TV series in one go (for example Smallville, Arrow), in case of TV series, it's different, often stories have some common thread running through them to keep viewers interested.

But, in case of movies I find all are different and can be viewed independently, for example Batman Returns and Batman and Robin movies have little common (apart from some cast members like Alfred)

then BB, TDK & TDKR are connected but they can also be viewed separately if you have seen those before.

Not sure if "benefit" is how I'd describe the experience, but I don't get idle time very often, so binge watching movies is something of a guilty pleasure.

I think watching multiple episodes of what is a single story (because the Nolan trilogy is a single story, in three parts, much like LOTR) can be quite satisfying though - I've only sat through 2 LOTR films in a set, (extended versions) and felt like I'd been absorbed by the narrative - good fun if you have a few hours to kill !

Cheers.

I wouldn't have a problem watching them one a night for a week. But if you have the time to watch 7 films in a row (The latter 3 being two and a half hours each), you need to go find a job.

Hypothetically I can spare 13-14 hours, I'd have to do them in reverse director order. Start high with Nolan who tells slow paced epic stories, break the tension and investment with Schumacher's Batman and end on a high with Burton's comic booky, faster paced Batman (which would segue perfectly into the Batfleck run).

I wouldn't have a problem watching them one a night for a week. But if you have the time to watch 7 films in a row (The latter 3 being two and a half hours each), you need to go find a job.

Hypothetically I can spare 13-14 hours, I'd have to do them in reverse director order. Start high with Nolan who tells slow paced epic stories, break the tension and investment with Schumacher's Batman and end on a high with Burton's comic booky, faster paced Batman (which would segue perfectly into the Batfleck run).

Would 14 hours be enough time ? TDKR is 165 minutes TDK 152 minutes and BB 140 minutes, so 457 minutes all up, which is 7 hours and 37 minutes.

Batman 89 is 126 minutes Returns 126 minutes, Forever 122 minutes
and B n R 125, so that's 499 minutes, or 8 hours 19 minutes.

All up around 15 hours and 56 minutes (nearly 16 hours) I think you'd have to skip one of the films (and nobody would blame you for leaving out B n R).

My work varies in intensity, so it's usually around 50 hours a week, but occasionally 70 and occasionally 20 - so I probably can find the time to do a binge watch about once or twice a year. I would really struggle to find time to watch 12 hours or more.

I like the idea of watching them over consecutive weeknights, that makes a lot of sense - you wouldn't get fatigued and would be looking forward to each film, I'll try that next year.

cheers.

I was kidding, even when I was pulling 80 hour weeks I'd have time to do a 16 hour marathon, just not the strength!

I gave it a try. But by the time I was halfway through the second film, I found myself scouring the nights beating up on poor people. Batman is just too persuasive for me to watch all at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"