Which movie has the most Bat screen time?

I wish Begins had more screen time. I love it more than any Batman film

I always thought Batman had the most screen time in Returns. Maybe it's because no matter what the tone of the film is always dark and Bruce spent more time in the costume than out.

I think this thread raises an interesting question: What's more important to us, making a good Batman movie, or making a good movie, period?

I think this thread raises an interesting question: What's more important to us, making a good Batman movie, or making a good movie, period?

to me, making a good movie. im not just a fan of Batman films, though i prefer them to be well made

That's not what I meant. I mean, which do you prefer, quality or quantity? I feel Nolan's batman suffers from quantity over quality. It's like Nolan felt making a movie more Batman-like was more important then making a better movie overall. It's like he wanted to fill his version with all the references and homages he can and making it epic, at the expense of sacrificing what, at least to me, is the most appealing aspect of Batman. I don't watch/read Batman to gawk at how much his cape flows or how much butt he can kick, I watch because his inner struggles and torment are fascinating and endearing. That's why I love Keaton's portrayal, he just oozes character and presence without having to say a word.

oh then quality for sure. Arkham Asylum was awesome with all the references for me

I'm bumping this thread because I'd really, really love to see screentime numbers for Bruce Wayne in the Burton and Nolan films.

Pretty please with sugar on top?

I dunno, maybe? I know without having to time anything, that BB will have a more substantial amount of Bruce than any other Batman film.

We'll see...

Depends what you're asking. Which has the protagonist Bruce Wayne (the real one, not the public persona)? Batman Begins followed by The Dark Knight Rises are the two that feature him as the lead protagonist most prominently.

Which has the most screentime of him as the Bat? The Dark Knight. That's the only Bat-film where the majority of his screentime is in costume.

should be alot less I reckon, it's a long film and he didn't appear much honestly.
It seems that way, but who knows. I was actually surprised that B89 had the most. I really thought it was going to be BB or TDK.

It seems that way, but who knows. I was actually surprised that B89 had the most. I really thought it was going to be BB or TDK.

I was shocked that BR had more than the first 2 Nolan movies. It's ironic considering how often the naysayers ***** about BR not having "enough Batman".

I was shocked that BR had more than the first 2 Nolan movies. It's ironic considering how often the naysayers ***** about BR not having "enough Batman".
Ha, that was the exact reason why I did it. :woot:

should be alot less I reckon, it's a long film and he didn't appear much honestly.

Yeah I think you are probably right there.

I'm not really sure which I thought would have the most, I always thought it would be one of the Burton ones. I guess it kind of makes sense for Batman (89) to have the most as he only really had to share screen time with the one villain when you think of Returns you had Penguin and Catwoman having a lot of screen time, Face and Riddler and Robin in Forever and Freeze, Ivy, Robin and Bat Girl in That last monstrosity of a movie.

I suppose Begins has a I good part before he has even become Batman. I thought TDK would be up there though.

Ha, that was the exact reason why I did it. :woot:

ANd thank for that.

The Dark Knight Rises: Total running time of 164 minutes.

-(return to Gotham/Bat-pod) 2:19
-(helps Catwoman escape/The Bat/Batcave) 3:33
-(Searching the sewers/Bane vs Batman fight) 4:59
-(on ice with Gordon/saves Blake from LOS) 1:30
-(gives Catwoman the Bat-pod) 0:56
-(City Hall/Bane fight #2/flying away in The Bat) 7:56

Total: 21:13/164= 13% of Bat screen time.

Batman doesn't show up until 46 minutes into the movie.

The Dark Knight Rises: Total running time of 164 minutes.

-(return to Gotham/Bat-pod) 2:19
-(helps Catwoman escape/The Bat/Batcave) 3:33
-(Searching the sewers/Bane vs Batman fight) 4:59
-(on ice with Gordon/saves Blake from LOS) 1:30
-(gives Catwoman the Bat-pod) 0:56
-(City Hall/Bane fight #2/flying away in The Bat) 7:56

Total: 21:13/164= 13% of Bat screen time.

Batman doesn't show up until 46 minutes into the movie.

Did you do that in cinema or...?!

i wouldve thought TDK had the most batman in it, thanks for the work bud

Its not just all about when he's in the cape and cowl. Bruce is Batman and Bruce gets way more screen time in the nolan movies which is why the disparity feels so much larger than it is.

I think returns has like 3 or 4 bruce scene and LONG stretches with no Bruce.

I actually feel like Batman has more screen time in TDKR because the story centralizes around Bruce a lot more and I LOVE the prison pit scenes!

No, the knock on the Burton movies is they hardly focus at all on the protagonist, making him non relatable.

Who cares about the amount of screen time in costume?

It's less about quantity, and more about quality. Was his screen time IMPACTFUL.

This doesn't make any sense. Burton's movies are all about Batman on almost every level. From exploring the character and his psychology himself; to exploring the character and his psychology through how it's reflected on his villains and his environment through Burton's favorite narrative style (expressionism). Not only is Burton's Batman a relateable character but his scenes have purpose and are memorable.

Very interesting that the amount of Batman in the films is pretty consistent regardless of who was directing.

Someone else said it best, though, that Nolan's film did the best job of interspersing action with Batman appearances. I never found myself wondering when Batman would show up except for the first time I saw Batman Begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"