The Dark Knight The Opening - Bats forming Bat Symbol

GregComicFan

movie and comic buff
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been thinking about this for a while now... do you think Nolan will open TDK the same way he opened BB... with the bats flying around, forming the bat symbol, and then vanishing...?????

I thought that was a cool way to introduce the movie.

You dont need to flash BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT on the screen.

a Batman movie speaks for itself. people know they are watching a freaky Batman movie when they're watching a freaking Batman movie...

I really liked that opening idea and I hope it's used consistently.

Greg

Hi,

I've been thinking about this for a while now... do you think Nolan will open TDK the same way he opened BB... with the bats flying around, forming the bat symbol, and then vanishing...?????

I thought that was a cool way to introduce the movie.

You dont need to flash BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT on the screen.

a Batman movie speaks for itself. people know they are watching a freaky Batman movie when they're watching a freaking Batman movie...

I really liked that opening idea and I hope it's used consistently.

Greg

Since when is that the title of this movie? :huh:

:grin:

"The Dark Knight" kinda like the teaser

I think you'll probably have a similar effect to the way the initial teaser trailer does it, with the bat symbol being broken apart...or it'll follow the prologue: generally a similar approach with just the Bat symbol and then BOOM movie.

Idk but I just hope its not the like the crappy prolouge intro. I hope that was just like a quick substitute

I said I think they're going to fly by forming a smile and two eyes but everyone said I'm crazy.

I said I think they're going to fly by forming a smile and two eyes but everyone said I'm crazy.
Nah, the movies about batman not joker. Were putting too much attention on joker, people are gonna get mixed up

In Batman Begins, the title appears at the end of the movie, because there is no Batman when the film opens, he only comes about later. The bats kind of foreshadow his coming to the audience. I'd expect them to show the title at the beginning of The Dark Knight (after the prologue), but they may not, I don't know.

I heard from a source that Bats will form the shape of a nipple in the opening.

teh reason why there was no title in BB is because there was no batman.

the title was at teh end because on the rooftops batman begins.
it was briliant.

i think now we will get the title.

Bats that form a nipple? Maybe, -- and I'm just going out on a limb here -- it forms a BAT-NIPPLE?! :wow: :wow: :wow:

See how I did that? I took one thing (the bats), and combined it with another thing (the nipple), then took a hyphen, and made it ONE thing. I know, I know, I know. . . yer going to think I'm crazy; but people thought Steven Hawking was crazy when he first published his work on the space-time continuum. Just hear my out, guys. . . hear me out. . . .

What if this said BAT-NIPPLE is some kind of metaphoric symbol that alludes to previous entries of the series, that also, somehow, reveals that this entire movie is just one big joke! WOW! Wait, what? Now I am tripping out!

I just blew my own mind!
explode.gif

i want a montage of bruce wayne naked doing lunges up and down an escalator set to the baja boys.

It seems Nolan went for something a bit different this time around. The prologue had this weird cloud of blue filtered "energy" between the logos that formed the shape of a bat pretty quickly before evaporating. Which is kind of cool, referencing the first film but doing it in a different way.

I also noticed the lack of "bat flaps", which oddly enough can be heard in both trailers.

Nah, the movies about batman not joker. Were putting too much attention on joker, people are gonna get mixed up

What? I know 90% of the world's population suffers from mental ******ation, but seriously they're not going to see a hint of the Joker in the opening imagery and be like "Oh snap! This is the wrong movie" and get up looking for the TDK theater.

teh reason why there was no title in BB is because there was no batman.

the title was at teh end because on the rooftops batman begins.
it was briliant.

i think now we will get the title.

There was no Batman but a Bat Symbol?

The reason there was a no title is because it was an artistic choice that looked really cool.

What? I know 90% of the world's population suffers from mental ******ation, but seriously they're not going to see a hint of the Joker in the opening imagery and be like "Oh snap! This is the wrong movie" and get up looking for the TDK theater.

wait a second i thought this was film about a knight who was dark.. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

wait a second i thought this was film about a knight who was dark.. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

What are you talking about? This photo is from the set of the "The Dark Knight?"
knight5.jpg

This just reminded me of an irrelevant side note. My brother inherited this disease from my mom where they can never get names of things right and will always unintentionally call it by the mistaken name no matter how many times you correct them. So he's been asking me what's the latest the The Black Knight.

There was no Batman but a Bat Symbol?

The reason there was a no title is because it was an artistic choice that looked really cool.
the title was ''batman begins'' at the beginning he was not bat,an. thats the reason. i think he even said that.
i think the title will be after the joker prologue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"