"The Batman" Appreciation Thread

C. Lee said:
Hey man...how's the weather up there....we're getting thunderstorms here.

Its been pretty nice actually.

Spring has finally arrived......about time.

Things look prettier in spring,but I prefer the cold months.

Not me....I like warmth.

I like being warm when its cold.Its a nicer feeling than trying to stay cool.

I do not like "The Batman" on kids WB. I really dislike the character re-vamps. Only Batman himself looks cool. The villain that bothers me the most is their version of The Joker...BTAS is way better. :p

The gist:

BTAS rocks, The Batman sucks, and C. Lee is an anal ash. Oh, and Spidey-bat shares the mentality of a twelve year old with the threadstarter. There. All better?

the stories seem much shallower to me. i haven't seen that many episodes, but the characters seem less deep than the comic versions or even tas.

Man Bat becomes a bat just because he wants to fight batman. wtf.

thought batman vs. dracula was pretty alright tho.

I love when people disagree with those who happen to like"The Batman" by saying something inane like "what are you, a little kid?" Well, I'm 52 years old, and I like the show just fine, I think the art and animation are top-notch, and I'm not such an old fart that I hate the redesigns on the villians, I think they're refreshing and interesting. They may look different,but the way they act is straight out of the comics as far as I'm concerned. The only problem I have is the writing could be tweaked a little, but I don't think it's as abysmal as some think. As good or better than BTAS? Art and animation - yes. Writing - definitely not.

I think my problems with The Batman lie very much in the character designs. Even Batman's look upsets me. First of all, there's the cape. Batman's cape has always been scalloped, like the wings of a bat. The cape on "The Batman", however, is more, spiked.
25.jpg

look at that. Does that even resemble a bat to you? It doesn't to me. Also, I feel the ears are too short.

Also, the look of the Joker greatly upsets me. It's not just the long hair, but it's the general stature of the character. When I think of the Joker, I think tall and lanky. He's dressed nice, and he's standing tall and upright, with an air of sophistication about him. This Joker, on the other hand, is the complete opposite. He usually wears some goofy colored straight jacket, and he never wears shoes. He doens't seem to stand upright even, he looks more like a monkey.

DCjoker-maquette.jpeg

See? He can't even stand up straight! He lacks class.

I agree about the Joker part, this is how anmated Joker should like:

D0108-JokerClassDCMaqB.jpg

i actually like The Batman, even though Batman The Animated Series was better

Two Face said:
I agree about the Joker part, this is how anmated Joker should like:

D0108-JokerClassDCMaqB.jpg

Damn skippy. That was the best animated Joker design.

The problem I have with the show is that it feels like its Peter Parker in a Batman costume.

Dude, you have to be smoking some serious crack to like that piece of crap 'The Batman' over the brilliance of TAS.

Palpadious said:
Dude, you have to be smoking some serious crack to like that piece of crap 'The Batman' over the brilliance of TAS.

Who said it was better?!?! Heck no! TAS is WAY better lol.

This guy:

Whack Arnolds said:
but I personally think it is actually a better cartoon than B:TAS, and it is severely slept on by fans who refuse to get over the nostalgia of their childhood show.

It's okay; we won't have to. Disturbingly enough we could get my cousin to do it. He tea-bagged someone once...don't ask me where or how...I did not want to know myself. :eek:

nite-owl said:
The problem I have with the show is that it feels like its Peter Parker in a Batman costume.
lol, yeah! :up:

This show is so much crap. The animation and story is all bad. The Joker looks stupid, he doesn't wear shoes, has green dread locks, red beady rat eyes, and always wears a straight jacket. Jesus! I cringe just thinking about it, this is not the Joker. All the characters look bad. It looks like Jackie Chan Adventures meet The Batman.

Mr. Socko said:
This show is so much crap. The animation and story is all bad. The Joker looks stupid, he doesn't wear shoes, has green dread locks, red beady rat eyes, and always wears a straight jacket. Jesus! I cringe just thinking about it, this is not the Joker. All the characters look bad. It looks like Jackie Chan Adventures meet The Batman.

Wow I never thought of that...is is sort of like that...same artist that did Jackie Chan maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"