"The Batman" Appreciation Thread

Whack Arnolds

Sidekick
Reaction score
Is there anyone here, besides myself, who has actually taken a greater liking to "The Batman" than that of B:TAS? I love the art-work, designs, characters, story arcs, visuals, and animation and originality of some of the stories. Granted I would like to see more of the classic villains, like Two-Face, Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul etc., but I personally think it is actually a better cartoon than B:TAS, and it is severely slept on by fans who refuse to get over the nostalgia of their childhood show. They at least are in the upper echelon of well done cartoons. I mean, look at some of these outstanding visuals:

26.jpg

30.jpg

30.jpg

13.jpg

25.jpg

19.jpg

New Batmobile
25.jpg

Dude, how the bad place is "The Batman" better than B:TAS? Better animation? The animation is smoother, yes. That's simply a sign of imrpoved technology. But I liked the look of the old series. Made it seem very retro. And story wise, B:TAS kicks The Batman in the nads with a steel toed boot.

I agree with The Question, I don't how you could like 'The Batman' more than B:TAS.:confused:

Whack Arnolds said:
Is there anyone here, besides myself, who has actually taken a greater liking to "The Batman" than that of B:TAS?

And you are pretty close to being banned--Dew

Hold on, first of all this thread wasn't meant to start arguments. Second of all, because MY OPINION differs from some, that makes me an idiot? Great logic there. Is one not allowed to like something different than what you favor? If anything, these comments show who the young and immature people are on this board.

HarleenQuinzel said:
I agree with The Question, I don't how you could like 'The Batman' more than B:TAS.:confused:
I just explained why I liked it better. And it is my opinion. I'm not forcing it on others. This thread was created to gauge if anyone else feels the same way, that's all. What's with such hostility and put downs from people who just have a different taste? lol.. yall need to lighten up.

Spidey-Bat said:
You're pretty stupid:o
And you are being unnecassarily rude.

People....believe it or not...it is actually possible to say that you disagree with someones opinion without calling them names or being rude.Try it sometime......

C. Lee said:
And you are being unnecassarily rude.

People....believe it or not...it is actually possible to say that you disagree with someones opinion without calling them names or being rude.Try it sometime......

Spare me the lecture. I could have been a lot more rude. If you're gonna pull this on me, you better get cracking on everyone else whose even worse than I am.

Whack Arnolds said:
Hold on, first of all this thread wasn't meant to start arguments. Second of all, because MY OPINION differs from some, that makes me an idiot? Great logic there. Is one not allowed to like something different than what you favor? If anything, these comments show who the young and immature people are on this board.

I said stupid, not an idiot.

Spidey-Bat said:
Spare me the lecture. I could have been a lot more rude. If you're gonna pull this on me, you better get cracking on everyone else whose even worse than I am.

Actually...it looks like you need one very badly.

I love it how when someone is told not to be rude they counter with - "But someone else did it first." - that's very mature.

If a policeman pulled you over for speeding, would you say - "Spare me the lecture. I could have been going a lot more faster. If you're going to pull this on me, you better get cracking on everyone else who is driving even faster than me." That would work wonders.

So....basicly it comes down to this....I said to TRY and not be rude when you disagree with someone. Your response was to be rude back to me. Now, thanks to your intelligent response....I have reassesed my first response to your rudeness....and now I say....if you continue to be rude and act this way I will have to put you on probation.

C. Lee said:
Actually...it looks like you need one very badly.

I love it how when someone is told not to be rude they counter with - "But someone else did it first." - that's very mature.

If a policeman pulled you over for speeding, would you say - "Spare me the lecture. I could have been going a lot more faster. If you're going to pull this on me, you better get cracking on everyone else who is driving even faster than me." That would work wonders.

So....basicly it comes down to this....I said to TRY and not be rude when you disagree with someone. Your response was to be rude back to me. Now, thanks to your intelligent response....I have reassesed my first response to your rudeness....and now I say....if you continue to be rude and act this way I will have to put you on probation.

To be honest, I didn't find your response to be the most courteous to begin with. That's why I wasn't very pleasent with a response. Next time, I'd appreciate you being more straight forward rather than giving me a sarcastic response about being polite.

Spidey-Bat said:
To be honest, I didn't find your response to be the most courteous to begin with. That's why I wasn't very pleasent with a response. Next time, I'd appreciate you being more straight forward rather than giving me a sarcastic response about being polite.
That's interesting....

You posted - "You're pretty stupid.:o "
I posted " - "And you are being unnecassarily rude."

I really do not see where that is being discourteous. It was a simple flat out statement of fact without name calling, cursing, or disrespect.

If you are referring to - "People....believe it or not...it is actually possible to say that you disagree with someones opinion without calling them names or being rude.Try it sometime......" - then you should take note, that that statement is directed to everyone in the thread and or forum (no one is singled out for this)....and that it too is neither rude, crude, or disrespectful...but rather as before a straight forward statement of fact....that it is possible to disagree without being rude.

You may also want to take note....Dew has appeared since I have and is taking even a strickter stance on your rudeness than I was.

Whack Arnolds said:
Is there anyone here, besides myself, who has actually taken a greater liking to "The Batman" than that of B:TAS? I love the art-work, designs, characters, story arcs, visuals, and animation and originality of some of the stories. Granted I would like to see more of the classic villains, like Two-Face, Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul etc., but I personally think it is actually a better cartoon than B:TAS, and it is severely slept on by fans who refuse to get over the nostalgia of their childhood show. They at least are in the upper echelon of well done cartoons. I mean, look at some of these outstanding visuals:

26.jpg

30.jpg

30.jpg

13.jpg

25.jpg

19.jpg

New Batmobile
25.jpg

TAS owns The Batman.

English Mother *****er!!!

Do you speak it?

Lets see how YOU like it

Whack Arnolds said:
I just explained why I liked it better. And it is my opinion. I'm not forcing it on others. This thread was created to gauge if anyone else feels the same way, that's all. What's with such hostility and put downs from people who just have a different taste? lol.. yall need to lighten up.

How was I being hostile?

Whack Arnolds said:

I came to like it more and more but it is still bad IMO.
I dislike the artwork, I simply hate the designs, and above all the story-arcs are lame!lame, lame, lame. The visuals are efficient, and the animation is very good.

Now if U like it more than BTAS, ...fine.But "better" than BTAS?! far from it.

Personally I dislike the show "the batman" but , there are several things I think might be good and several others that I like.

C. Lee said:
That's interesting....

You posted - "You're pretty stupid.:o "
I posted " - "And you are being unnecassarily rude."

I really do not see where that is being discourteous. It was a simple flat out statement of fact without name calling, cursing, or disrespect.

If you are referring to - "People....believe it or not...it is actually possible to say that you disagree with someones opinion without calling them names or being rude.Try it sometime......" - then you should take note, that that statement is directed to everyone in the thread and or forum (no one is singled out for this)....and that it too is neither rude, crude, or disrespectful...but rather as before a straight forward statement of fact....that it is possible to disagree without being rude.

You may also want to take note....Dew has appeared since I have and is taking even a strickter stance on your rudeness than I was.

I feel your excessive use of "..." does not come off as very polite.

BTW, Whack Arnolds, there's a whole section devoted to THE BATMAN. That's partially why I called you stupid.
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229

Spidey-Bat said:
I feel your excessive use of "..." does not come off as very polite.
Sir....do you understand punctuation in the use of the English language?

I used the symbols - "..." - only when I was QUOTING either you or me. And the reason that I used the symbol - "..." - was that in the English use of punctuation they are called QUOTAION MARKS. QUOTATION MARKS are used to denote that you are QUOTING someone. Not only is the use of these marks the proper and accepted use of punctuation for QUOTING people....I would dare say, that no one in the course of history since the rules of punctuation were established has called the use of QUOTATION MARKS when QUOTING someone as being not polite.

Abaddon said:
Let it go already.:rolleyes:
Hey man...how's the weather up there....we're getting thunderstorms here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"