Smartness meter:

1.- Keaton's Batman
2.-DCAU, Kevin Conroy
3.-Bale, Kilmer (tie)
5.-Adam West
6.-Batfleck
7.-Clooney

You know it in your heart to be TRUE!

How is Adam West not first given the copious amounts of dumb riddles he immediately gets correct despite them literally making no sense

Batfleck was brutal but he also turned into a killer close to 20 years in. In fact, I think he was always a killer because Snyder didn't really understand where the criticisms were coming from. He thought Batman shot someone point blank in Miller's book and also tore the fans down for thinking that Batman would never kill. In this case, Battinson isn't a killer at the start but he's close to committing it based on his anger. He'll obviously go through an arc where he'll realize (a year and a half in - not 20 years) that he doesn't have to be so brutal. And that he can help the city in other ways because right now he's refusing to use his money for good, and that will change. What does that have to do with Batfleck? Battinson is already a great detective which is highlighted with this movie and I'm sure he'll improve since he's young and Edward will challenge him. Again, nothing like Batfleck or Bale.
But that doesn't change the fact that it's essentially the same arc, just slightly re-contextualized (young instead of old), and it also doesn't change the feeling that this arc/characterization doesn't mesh well with the detective aspect. A loud, angry, bruiser (like Affleck) doesn't exactly seem like the best person to handle a criminal investigation

The Affleck version doesn't own the entire concept of a Batman taking his frustrations out on criminals and choosing to ease up a bit as he enters his prime. It makes much more sense for a young Batman to go through these growing pains than a 20 year veteran who should know better. And this guy isn't killing, wont kill in the future. So it's not at all the same thing.
I agree it does make sense, but there are other ways to showcase a depressed, mentally disturbed Batman than just having him act like a lunatic who uses his fists to do his thinking, because again, that was Snyder's idea of "unhinged".

I was liking the feel from the teaser. Where Batman is less this outwardly angry force of brute strength, and more of this eerie, Michael Myers-esque energy:
The_Batman_Robert_Pattinson.jpeg.jpg
It felt like Reeves was teasing a new presentation of those ideas, of what it means to be "unhinged". There is frightening intensity to Pattinson in that shot that is conveyed with just his eyes, which look dead inside. It's so much more disturbing than just having him scream into a mic (to convey how "unhinged" he is)

I wish that was carried over into the trailer

Bale’s Batman couldn’t even detect that Rachel didn’t want him.

Batfleck’s engineering skills alone shows just how much more intelligent he is.

Bale’s Batman couldn’t even detect that Rachel didn’t want him.

Batfleck’s engineering skills alone shows just how much more intelligent he is.

Yes. Because human beings experience romantic relationships with logic. You’ve got me there.

Pattinson yelling is clearly in a huge moment after Riddler has done something horrific. He's human, he's going to get mad. I don't see how his anger can't co-exist with him being a detective. Just look at Jake Gyllenhaal's character in Prisoners (who also funnily yells at Paul Dano)! This is the first time we have an actual Batman voice that isn't super macho since Clooney, the whole movie is literally narrated.

Smartness meter:

1.- Keaton's Batman
2.-DCAU, Kevin Conroy
3.-Bale, Kilmer (tie)
5.-Adam West
6.-Batfleck
7.-Clooney

You know it in your heart to be TRUE!

Clooney's Batman for all his flaws wasn't dumb, he diagnosed Alfred for one. No way does he deserve to be below a bloke who was pretty much played a fool for the whole movie he was in.

I was liking the feel from the teaser. Where Batman is less this outwardly angry force of brute strength, and more of this eerie, Michael Myers-esque energy:
View attachment 50150
It felt like Reeves was teasing a new presentation of those ideas, of what it means to be "unhinged". There is frightening intensity to Pattinson in that shot that is conveyed with just his eyes, which look dead inside. It's so much more disturbing than just having him scream into a mic (to convey how "unhinged" he is)

Was the bit where he punched a thug 20 times in 10 seconds breaking his arm in the process and pummeling him in the ground not a dead giveaway he'd for sure use brute strength?

But that doesn't change the fact that it's essentially the same arc, just slightly re-contextualized (young instead of old), and it also doesn't change the feeling that this arc/characterization doesn't mesh well with the detective aspect. A loud, angry, bruiser (like Affleck) doesn't exactly seem like the best person to handle a criminal investigation

I agree it does make sense, but there are other ways to showcase a depressed, mentally disturbed Batman than just having him act like a lunatic who uses his fists to do his thinking, because again, that was Snyder's idea of "unhinged".

View attachment 50150

I started typing a lengthy reply, but then I remembered that you're talking in absolutes about a character in a 2 minute and thirtyish second trailer. Why does this trailer eliminate any of the elements from the first trailer? Can they not co-exist? Can Batman not be Michael Myers-esque, but also have moments of uncontained rage? Why can't Batman be a detective AND kick the crap out of thugs? He's only done it in the comics for 80 some years.

Marvel United is going from 1 to 100 just like Batfleck in BvS.

Every vibe I got from the first teaser was on display 100 percent in the main trailer. Except the main trailer also added new elements that the teaser couldn't show us because they had only shot 25 percent and didn't want to give away the full picture.

I dunno, the idea that Batman is a ruffian patrolling the streets looking for criminals to beat up kinda runs contrary to the idea of him not only being a sophisticated, highly intelligent detective, but also one of the world's GREATEST (detectives). It's the classic brains vs brawns

This is what I thought his arc would be, becoming the world's greatest detective. And I could've sworn Reeves said as much

I never got the vibe that Affleck's version of Batman was a brilliant detective-, let alone a genius. He always came off as a brute with some minor investigative skills. And it's really a shame that Reeves is choosing to emphasize that element witn Pattinson

There is more than one way to show somebody is "unhinged" or "off", then just having them brutalize people up :funny:

Ummm...he is in Year 2 there is no way he is the World's Greatest Detective yet. If he was that would be kind of ridiculous. You need experience...

Just because both Batfleck and Pattinson are "brutal" doesn't make them the same.

View attachment 50150

How do you know "it is the same arc"? You just assume it based on scant evidence.

fc9680a7d3fe8f81d6f37ed51e237315b61d55ad.gifv
a49645044ad7dc155416a8f0f27cc64e92bb6f85.gifv

james-gordon-jr-bac95802-1d7e-4440-ad43-fde912bda5f-resize-750.jpeg

Was the bit where he punched a thug 20 times in 10 seconds breaking his arm in the process and pummeling him in the ground not a dead giveaway he'd for sure use brute strength?
Not exactly. Actually, I really liked that moment, because it didn't look like violence for the sake of violence, but to serve a character purpose. Bruce had to go above and beyond to show that gang that he's not to be m be ****ed with, and that he's to be feared. Obviously, they don't know who Batman is, and he's still CREATING that legend

And there was also something different about the takedown, very different from Affleck or Bale... It was much more methodical and almost surgically precise. It was brutal, and over fast. Bruce was in control

Nothing like Bale's lumbering brawler or Affleck's MMA fighter

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"