• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

The status of Batman in film is so confusing right now.

The Batman 2
is happening, but apparently not greenlit, but still definitely happening. But also apparently won’t happen until many years down the line.

Keaton’s Batman was supposed to return in grand fashion and become a fixture of the future DCEU, but 2 of his 3 projects have been cancelled while the third is in limbo and in danger of also being cancelled.

Then there’s Batfleck who’s maybe-kinda-possibly-maybe back but only in a small way but maybe also in a big way? Who also might just be replaced for the newer DC cinematic universe the new WB regime want to establish?

I can’t tell if this a great time to be a Batman fan or a horrible time to be a Batman fan. :confused:

The Batman 2
is happening, but apparently not greenlit, but still definitely happening. But also apparently won’t happen until many years down the line.

Keaton’s Batman was supposed to return in grand fashion and become a fixture of the future DCEU, but 2 of his 3 projects have been cancelled while the third is in limbo and in danger of also being cancelled.

Then there’s Batfleck who’s maybe-kinda-possibly-maybe back but only in a small way but maybe also in a big way? Who also might just be replaced for the newer DC cinematic universe the new WB regime want to establish?

I can’t tell if this a great time to be a Batman fan or a horrible time to be a Batman fan. :confused:
You also forgot that we are getting a new Batman animated series from Bruce Timm with Brubaker and Rucka writing, but now WBD is allegedly planning to make massive cuts to animation and family programming.

The Batman 2

I think many years down the line is a bit of a stretch. People have literally gone on record saying it's less than 5 years and there's no reason for it to be that much time. At absolute minimum, Winter 2024 is when we get it but more likely to be summer-autumn 2025

You also forgot that we are getting a new Batman animated series from Bruce Timm with Brubaker and Rucka writing, but now WBD is allegedly planning to make massive cuts to animation and family programming.

I think that, if anything, Batman Caped Crusader is safe from getting cut. I mean, c’mon, it’s a new Batman animated series by Bruce Timm. Zaslav would be a fool to not see the success in that and just cut it.

It seems that Caped Crusader is indeed (and thankfully) safe.
Just two days ago, WB Animation was still posting recruitment ads on social media, looking for various production positions on that show (background designers and artists).

If they cancel The Pengiun series, chances are bigger they will cancel batman 2.

Yeah but on paper on is just a max series while the other has massive earning potential. They have no reason to cancel The Batman even if the show doesn't make it.

Not really

Cancelling Penguin would just mean Zaslav doesn't want spinoff shows. It'd have nothing to do with Batman 2
Okay. Its just a thought. But it could happen, WB is sometimes just a strange studio making alot of strange decicions, thats true.

Okay. Its just a thought. But it could happen, WB is sometimes just a strange studio making alot of strange decicions, thats true.

While they do make strange decisions, the decisions on spinoffs have zero to do with the status of the sequel. Max shows make no money and big budget feature films do. WBD needs to get back to the black so the best way to do that is to curb projects with little earning potential and push to the forefront those projects that will help the bottom line. (i.e. cut spending, increase revenue)

Again though, I dont think as many shows as people think will get cancelled. They just wont be streaming exclusive. Zazlov wants shows on HBO (which then also go to Max) for various reasons. More people will see it on both HBO and Max (not to mention it will be available more places) than if it is just on Max.

The Batman is their most stable thing goin right now. Most fans are into it, a commercial success despite covid, critics thought it was good. There is a 0 percent chance the sequel gets canceled. Even if the worst case scenario happens and they interfere, causing Reeves to bail, their sequel will still happen with Pattinson because contracts are a thing. Let’s just hope they respond well to the script and Reeves can compromise on the running time. I have a feeling the sequel won’t call for a 2 hour 50 minute run time anyway.

I'm ready for the Bat-fleck era to be well and truly over. Now they are apparently re-shooting the ending of THE FLASH with him. I wonder when he'll get his classic cold feet again?

I mean even as it currently stands, he's literally only doing a couple of one day cameos. This is hardly him returning lmao

I'm ready for the Bat-fleck era to be well and truly over. Now they are apparently re-shooting the ending of THE FLASH with him. I wonder when he'll get his classic cold feet again?

Maybe if/when The Flash bombs if the movie don't get cancel that is.

Either way Bat-Pattison is the future of Batman, and to be honest the best Batman since Keaton.

The Batman 2

Same here man. I’ll say this though; if the Reevesverse gets dropped, I’m pretty much going to Make Mine Marvel from that point on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"