The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine Reeve's Joker would be inspired by real world people just like with Riddler's Zodiac disguise. So he'll probably look something like John Wayne Gacy.

Where it looks very homemade and not super costume-y but still recognizably Joker attire. Plus it's very European gothic mixed with noir and that seemingly present-day 21st century setting; the Bermejo Joker getup especially.

I'm sorry but that ending description really does sound like a Joker thing or at the very least something involving Joker and a few other characters.
Multiple rogues seems more likely to get an over the top reaction. Maybe something like Nashton being led into Arkham and we see some names and faces, leading up to Joker. Or maybe those rumors about Pattinson and McConaughey filming in an Arkham location weren't BS and there's a big reveal scene with Batman talking to an already scarred Dent.

Either that or Dent is sworn in as the new DA near the end and then we see McConaughey on the in-universe news afterwards??

Cuz it doesn't look like that guy at the funeral with the bomb strapped to his neck makes it out alive and he IS the DA at that time IIRC?

Yes, the Joker. You know, that one character whose last movie just made a billion dollars, that one character that has gained two oscars. If he showed up on a movie as an unannounced surprise everyone would go nuts.

Guys, I'm not saying people wouldn't be excited for the Joker. But that tweet didn't read like excitement, it read like shock, and no, I don't think people (especially people claiming not to be Batman fans) are going to be shocked, stunned, just because the Joker shows up, no matter what he looks like or who plays him. I guarantee it's not going to be a glimpse of Batman's rogues gallery in Arkham, either.

I think it's going to be related to the plot. If it is a character reveal, that's supposed to set up a sequel, it will be probably be through the start of some new investigation. Some "drops" user or dealer is found dead, but when we see their face, it has a ghastly grin. It lets the audience know the Joker was working in some capacity in the background of the film, works as a shock image, and immediately sets up the mystery for Batman and Gordon to investigate. Hell, have Gordon tell Batman it's the "seventh one we've found this month". Boom, credits.

Either that or Dent is sworn in as the new DA near the end and then we see McConaughey on the in-universe news afterwards??

Cuz it doesn't look like that guy at the funeral with the bomb strapped to his neck makes it out alive and he IS the DA at that time IIRC?
There was some talk last year about Sarsgaard's DA character being "inspired" by Janice Porter in Dark Victory which didn't make sense at the time and seemed like a nothing. Maybe the subtle misdirect is we're expecting his death to make way for Dent when we find out he was the DA brought in after Dent's scarring.

Last edited:
There was some talk last year about Sarsgaard's DA character being "inspired" by Janice Porter in Dark Victory which didn't make sense at the time and seemed like a nothing. Maybe the subtle misdirect is we're expecting his death to make way for Dent when we find out he was DA brought in after Dent's scarring.
I guess that's also possible but I'd like Dent to provide some hope since everything's going to **** already.

I guess that's also possible but I'd like Dent to provide some hope since everything's going to **** already.
That would be my preference too. Show a little bit of positive change for Gotham before we pull the rug out.
Just thinking outloud about what would be surprising and exciting. A great actor revealed as a ready to **** **** up Two Face would have me amped coming out of the theater like little else.

I dunno, otherwise that lady in TDKR would've said Dick.

4b3516ea3ce85025b09142959327b7e11d03c381.gifv

If she had actually said, "I like that name...D***"....lol. Totallllly different scene. :funny:

Titans season 3 is such an improvement over season 1 and 2 and has essentially become a Batfamily show. It’s got Bruce, Dick, Barbara, Jason, and Tim. I want to see the Batfamily in the movies, but Titans is scratching that itch for now.

0D4CE3BA-52C5-4C80-B24F-59F03201AD71.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello everyone, i'm new and a very big fan of the bat. I read this thread since the beginning and i will post my theory about that ending moment.
For me a very WTF ending could be the possible death of the batman himself in this first raw iteration. I imagine a battle on a rooftop maybe with catwoman involve. He successes to escape and/or rescue her with this grapple-gun but it's the beginning of his adventures so his gadgets are lowtech and it breaks. He tries to catch up as best as he can but the ground is hard and cluttered with debris. finally he falls to the ground where wounded and bloodied he finds himself surrounded by some villains like two faces, harley or firefly and more. THE END !!
This ending allows several things: to integrate new villains, a good dose of suspense to start the sequel, an improvement of his costume and gadgets in the second. And finally the need to improve further for him physically and mentally.

We know Planet of the Apes was a big part of Reeves’ childhood, does anyone else think that this set from Beneath the Planet of the Apes looks like our new Batcave? The humans live in an abandoned subway station in that movie.
2E792802-C48D-462C-A4BF-81A06B57783D.jpeg

A little bit of trivia… this movie has a Batman connection. Victor Buono, (the actor who played King Tut) has a small role in Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

We know Planet of the Apes was a big part of Reeves’ childhood, does anyone else think that this set from Beneath the Planet of the Apes looks like our new Batcave? The humans live in an abandoned subway station in that movie.
View attachment 48794

A little bit of trivia… this movie has a Batman connection. Victor Buono, (the actor who played King Tut) has a small role in Beneath the Planet of the Apes.
This is a good catch.

Very very curious what a Joker in this universe would look like. Ledgers Joker looks like he would have fit perfectly into this world, so it's really interesting to think what he would like
You hoping for make up, or permawhite Joker for this go round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"