The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by flickchick85, Oct 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane52630 >>BATNIPPLES INTENSIFIES<<

I would imagine Reeve's Joker would be inspired by real world people just like with Riddler's Zodiac disguise. So he'll probably look something like John Wayne Gacy.

Gothamsknight likes this.
  2. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

I don't really think he'll look like THAT. I feel like this would be a good approximation of what to expect.

918A3368b_5e5467a373fe78.64076543.png

rco103_1475835825c7ufa.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-6-52-09-PM.png

3. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

Where it looks very homemade and not super costume-y but still recognizably Joker attire. Plus it's very European gothic mixed with noir and that seemingly present-day 21st century setting; the Bermejo Joker getup especially.

The Lazarus Pit likes this.
  4. cryptic name No Limits

Multiple rogues seems more likely to get an over the top reaction. Maybe something like Nashton being led into Arkham and we see some names and faces, leading up to Joker. Or maybe those rumors about Pattinson and McConaughey filming in an Arkham location weren't BS and there's a big reveal scene with Batman talking to an already scarred Dent.

5. shauner111 Registered

Everyone loves McConaughey sooo..

6. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

Either that or Dent is sworn in as the new DA near the end and then we see McConaughey on the in-universe news afterwards??

Cuz it doesn't look like that guy at the funeral with the bomb strapped to his neck makes it out alive and he IS the DA at that time IIRC?

shauner111 likes this.
  7. Art Vandelay Registered

Guys, I'm not saying people wouldn't be excited for the Joker. But that tweet didn't read like excitement, it read like shock, and no, I don't think people (especially people claiming not to be Batman fans) are going to be shocked, stunned, just because the Joker shows up, no matter what he looks like or who plays him. I guarantee it's not going to be a glimpse of Batman's rogues gallery in Arkham, either.

I think it's going to be related to the plot. If it is a character reveal, that's supposed to set up a sequel, it will be probably be through the start of some new investigation. Some "drops" user or dealer is found dead, but when we see their face, it has a ghastly grin. It lets the audience know the Joker was working in some capacity in the background of the film, works as a shock image, and immediately sets up the mystery for Batman and Gordon to investigate. Hell, have Gordon tell Batman it's the "seventh one we've found this month". Boom, credits.

Kirk Langstrom likes this.
  8. cryptic name No Limits

There was some talk last year about Sarsgaard's DA character being "inspired" by Janice Porter in Dark Victory which didn't make sense at the time and seemed like a nothing. Maybe the subtle misdirect is we're expecting his death to make way for Dent when we find out he was the DA brought in after Dent's scarring.

#25258 cryptic name, Sep 3, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    shauner111 likes this.
  9. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

I guess that's also possible but I'd like Dent to provide some hope since everything's going to **** already.

cryptic name likes this.
  10. cryptic name No Limits

That would be my preference too. Show a little bit of positive change for Gotham before we pull the rug out.
    Just thinking outloud about what would be surprising and exciting. A great actor revealed as a ready to **** **** up Two Face would have me amped coming out of the theater like little else.

AndyTrevino likes this.
  11. BatLobster Trailer Timewarper

If she had actually said, "I like that name...D***"....lol. Totallllly different scene. :funny:

12. Chris Reeves Registered

I'm a pretty big Batman nerd, and I'm excited af for this movie, lurk these forums once in a while for updates, but I created an account specifically to laugh at this post lmao

13. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

Titans season 3 is such an improvement over season 1 and 2 and has essentially become a Batfamily show. It’s got Bruce, Dick, Barbara, Jason, and Tim. I want to see the Batfamily in the movies, but Titans is scratching that itch for now.

0D4CE3BA-52C5-4C80-B24F-59F03201AD71.jpeg

#25263 The Lazarus Pit, Sep 3, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    ~Raven and TheGDBatman like this.
  14. lilibeth Registered

Hello everyone, i'm new and a very big fan of the bat. I read this thread since the beginning and i will post my theory about that ending moment.
    For me a very WTF ending could be the possible death of the batman himself in this first raw iteration. I imagine a battle on a rooftop maybe with catwoman involve. He successes to escape and/or rescue her with this grapple-gun but it's the beginning of his adventures so his gadgets are lowtech and it breaks. He tries to catch up as best as he can but the ground is hard and cluttered with debris. finally he falls to the ground where wounded and bloodied he finds himself surrounded by some villains like two faces, harley or firefly and more. THE END !!
    This ending allows several things: to integrate new villains, a good dose of suspense to start the sequel, an improvement of his costume and gadgets in the second. And finally the need to improve further for him physically and mentally.

AndyTrevino and The Lazarus Pit like this.
  15. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

I think the ‘oh ****!’ moment is staring right at us. TLH is said to be one of the bigger influences on this story… what if the ending was a variation of this scene?
    509EC43B-A760-4EFA-B062-4B1AC9D8A93A.jpeg

16. Kane52630 >>BATNIPPLES INTENSIFIES<<

[​IMG]

Daywalker89, Snow Queen, Orb and 10 others like this.
  17. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

We know Planet of the Apes was a big part of Reeves’ childhood, does anyone else think that this set from Beneath the Planet of the Apes looks like our new Batcave? The humans live in an abandoned subway station in that movie.
    2E792802-C48D-462C-A4BF-81A06B57783D.jpeg

A little bit of trivia… this movie has a Batman connection. Victor Buono, (the actor who played King Tut) has a small role in Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

18. Joined:
    Jun 13, 2011
    This would be AMAZING and quite a way to set up more movies. Really hope it happens.

shauner111 and The Lazarus Pit like this.
  19. cryptic name No Limits

This is a good catch.

The Lazarus Pit likes this.
  20. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

Thanks! I saw this movie today and immediately thought it looked like our Batcave. And we know Reeves has seen this movie. Wouldn’t be surprised if that were the influence.

Oh and Beneath the Planet of the Apes is an awesome movie btw- highly recommended.

shauner111 and Bruce Wayne like this.
  21. dhandler01 I'm a dick vampire aren't I?!

[​IMG]

Rick190293 likes this.
  22. Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

You hoping for make up, or permawhite Joker for this go round?

23. Chris Reeves Registered

This gives me 2006 vibes lmao good times

24. SwordOfMorning Returning some video tapes.

For real. The word permawhite still makes my blood run cold.

C Prometheus likes this.
  25. cryptic name No Limits

Gimme a permawhite Joker, Reeves. Please.

Kirk Langstrom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.