The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesse Plemons or Paul Walter Hauser.

Why would the director budge on an actor wanting to play a different character unless they saw that actor in said role naturally, or if that actor did something very convincing to influence their opinion (like Elijah Wood did with his audition tape for Lord of the Rings). Rock on Reeves :cool: I'm certainly disappointed that Hill didn't go for Penguin as I think he could have been great, but I'm confident that the guy eventually playing him will be great too.

Apparently Hill has quite an ego. Insisting on a different role instead of the one he was approached for and alledgedly demanding more money than even the star of the film was receiving. Can’t say I’m broken hearted about it, Hill has always irked me for some reason and it seems like he believes his worth in Hollywood is A list DiCaprio level.... hate to burst his bubble but it isn’t. He’s a high level B lister at best, my two cents anyway.

I'm going to say Paul Walter Hauser gets it. He's starring in a WB distributed movie directed by Clint Eastwood, fits the age/body type, and even has been in a movie with Margot Robbie!

If Reeves is looking for someone with comedic sensibilities, maybe Jack Black is a real possibility? He could be an inspired choice.

Apparently Hill has quite an ego. Insisting on a different role instead of the one he was approached for and alledgedly demanding more money than even the star of the film was receiving. Can’t say I’m broken hearted about it, Hill has always irked me for some reason and it seems like he believes his worth in Hollywood is A list DiCaprio level.... hate to burst his bubble but it isn’t. He’s a high level B lister at best, my two cents anyway.

I agree, I can't think of anyone who would see a movie specifically for Jonah Hill...

from same article:

Riddler is the main villain in the script, and why Jonah wanted to play him.

That's a good tidbit. I'm kind of hoping it's a misdirect though. I'd like there to be a mystery for the audience to solve too.

Since he's specifically Edward Nashton here, I wonder if him being the main villain is tied to this also being his origin story.

Loving the choice of villains so far. I'm excited to see what Reeves does with Penguin and Riddler. Both of them give me a lighter vibe, almost to the point of comic relief compared to the other big guns in some Batman stories.

I'm intrigued to see a serious take on both of them. I'd also love a full fledged Two-Face and a well-done Hugo Strange.

Wouldn't mind Joker, Harley, Bane, and Ras taking a break.

Meanwhile, waiting on Alfred casting like

giphy.gif

It's only a trio of villains according to that Deadline article. I hope it's true

mine as well

It's only a trio of villains according to that Deadline article. I hope it's true

I suppose it could be read that way, but I took the article’s quote to reaffirm what we’ve been hearing for months- the most prominent Rogues Gallery members in the film are Riddler, Penguin and Catwoman. Any other Rogues Gallery character that makes it in the film will be a smaller part.

Eh, I see it differently. Riddler seems to be the main villain and better role, so why wouldn't he want to play that? He also has two academy award noms, which Robert doesn't have, along with them 21 jump street flicks be profitable. He also took a paycut to work with Scorsese, so he has shown in the past that money aint the issue, but at the same time, if his team wants to get paid, why the outrage? WB decided not meet his pay demands, but it is baffling to me that he all of a sudden is seen like a lesser actor compared to Dano, which he has proven not to be the case.

Folks often forget that signing up for these flicks could mean 6-7 years of one lives, and I know I'd choose to get paid if I'm going to be locked down for that much time.

Having said that, this guy right here is my choice for TwoFace.

EHDIH8nWoAAfhFV

Hill is hardly a box office draw, lmao defending the indefensible.
And people don't consider him a better actor than Dano, well you and I don't know who else here. Oscars are a popular contest, just a failed argument that is easy to refute.
There is no outrage, everyone who matters is happy.

Last edited:
Hill is hardly a box office draw, lmao defending the indefensible.
And people don't consider him a better actor than Dano, well you and I don't know who else here. Oscars are a popular contest, just a failed argument that is easy to refute.
There is no outrage, everyone who matters is happy.

Your dismissal of the Oscars doesn't mean the industry dismisses them. They don't.

Has to be Paul Walter Hauser for penguin, right? History with WB, probably going to get Oscar buzz with his next movie, perfect age range of RP, Zoe , and Paul.

I don't know where I mentioned industry here, and what I said is a fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back