The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill is alluding to it not making its fall release date.

I don’t think he was suggesting he’s heard from any sort of sourcing that it was going to move. Like the rest of us, he was just expressing concern that they’ll be cutting it close.

Original production timetable was January-June (6 months), for release June 2021 (12 months later). They got about 2 months of shooting done before the shutdown, so they have maybe around 4 months left. But with added safety measures and crew limitations, I expect that to go longer. If production starts back up in September, we're looking at them wrapping around December-January. Maybe even February. Whereas before they had almost a year of post-production, under this new schedule they'd have maybe 8-9 months to complete the film to meet that October release. Even if we assume Reeves has been doing some post-production work on the material they shot during the shutdown, that's still a pretty tight window.

A delayed release wouldn't surprise me, but at this point I just want production to start up again.

December or January.

Halloween Kills won’t move from the October release date, even if that means VOD this time. So it doesn’t bother me if they push The Batman a month or two. I just don’t want to wait until 2022.

I’m personally gonna wait for an official announcement before I freak out about anything.

Check DC Cinematic Reddit, just in case they're real and not allowed here.

Supposed leaked image of Mountain Dew bottles with The Batman on them. Silhouettes of Catwoman and Batman.

Very convincing if it's fake, but the batsuit doesn't look quite right.

Looks like it could be legit. So many "first look" leaks come from soft drinks. Mysterio on Dr. Pepper. Venom on Iced Tea, etc.

If real, seems to confirm Riddler as the main villain, which excites me.

Noticed the Bat logo doesn't match the one on Batman's chest plate from the camera test.

I'm sure someone more savvy can tell which Batman that logo is previously from, if any.

Someone in the comments posted a photo of Catwoman from the Arkham games I'm assuming, in the same pose, so looks like a very convincing fake.

^ i think it's not the movie looks

OT: since Riddler could have a big role (and if he don't use a mask) with more reason I hope that there will be at least some 10-minute dramatic scene with Bruce without cowl (Viola Davis only needed 7 minutes in the Doubt for example). Otherwise, I would start betting that we'll have another Batman movie where the villain could steal the show. This is just presumption

Last edited:
Well, it’s apparently told from the perspective of Batman. So it will be Pattinson’s show.

Check DC Cinematic Reddit, just in case they're real and not allowed here.

Supposed leaked image of Mountain Dew bottles with The Batman on them. Silhouettes of Catwoman and Batman.

Very convincing if it's fake, but the batsuit doesn't look quite right.
It does look convincing

Hmm idk the blown up full image makes it look fake. There's no way to tell. Someone was saying catwomans post is the exact one from the Arkham games

Seems like kind of a random thing to “fake.” Also the fact it first popped up on the Mountain Dew subreddit ad part of a leak for their line next year and not DCEULeaks or the Dc subreddit has me thinking it may be real or a temp art they are using to present to marketing people as a concept?

Could be, but it may certainly be a while before we find out. I'll wait for eventual doritos bag art lol

They could just be using available images to create mockups. Companies do it all the time.

Please, Matt Reeves! Give us something. Heck, I would take a video of Reeves saying they're getting ready to start back up in September, just give us something.

Please, Matt Reeves! Give us something. Heck, I would take a video of Reeves saying they're getting ready to start back up in September, just give us something.

Can't wait for this and I'm sure its going to be glorious. I'm sure we will get something Batman related, but I'm honestly geeking more for Superman/GL news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"