The Batman Merchandise

4eeeb3c454a7a681c96469ab8a8954a8479d.webp

1cc58aa839ef039f2e544bdb4dcce5073b1f.webp

3f99abe1e9826a31cdd740b500576517ab0f.webp

About to eat some vengeance
fpsHhDZ.jpg

I pre-ordered the trio of figures from Dorkside like 6 months ago... and still nothing. Yet they've been selling out at Target since January.

How much is that sexy ass Hot Toys going for? I think that'll be my first one... I never caved for Ledger or a Bale figure.

Was planning to get the Hot Toys figure, but a closeup of the torso just made me go :barf:

PD1646395346fr8.jpg

I always figured it would be plated like the chest piece, but it's totally different texture from the chest, and just looks like stitched on foam. I'm gonna pass and wait for a better release that they inevitably will do (we've got like probably 10 Batmen from the 3 Nolan films lol).

After seeing the movie twice, that's actually accurate to the movie. His suit IS two different textures like that. The chest is hard plating, and the abs are plating under fabric....

Was planning to get the Hot Toys figure, but a closeup of the torso just made me go :barf:

PD1646395346fr8.jpg

I always figured it would be plated like the chest piece, but it's totally different texture from the chest, and just looks like stitched on foam. I'm gonna pass and wait for a better release that they inevitably will do (we've got like probably 10 Batmen from the 3 Nolan films lol).
Like @Gamma Goliath said, the chest area is definitely leathery/fabric-like. Though, now that you mention it, the gaps do look a bit too large on closer inspection. I guess HT had to make it that way since the abs area will have some articulation.

I reckon those photos are from the prototype and HT is awaiting licensor approval. Hopefully they do some change/improvements once they release the final look.

In comparison, some large-scale statues:

mmtbm-01lm_b36.jpg

The-Batman-IS_06.jpg

I'd love to see Beast Kingdom do a Robert Pattinson Batman figure.

Their Dark Knight Trilogy Batman figure it outstanding and the definitive Christian Bale Batman action figure, if you're not going for Hot Toys. Same goes for their Joker.

mFzyCpgLz1736kTn5pT1YLRhyZGsrbp2ggd5XSOyNgsLZ8jn7kL71zP91g83c1tkA.jpg

Got this popcorn bucket at the AMC Fan Premiere showing last night. Seems closet to life size and not terrible for $28

I REALLY wanted to get this but they were sold out by the time I saw the movie on Saturday.

I'd had held off on pre ordering the figure hoping he'll get packaged with the batmobile, I'm sold once that happens lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"