The Bear (HULU/FX)

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
LlOuT8U.jpg

Last edited:
Really did not expect to enjoy this as much as I did it has got to be one of the most pleasant surprises I've watched on tv this year.

Hey, don’t lump Snyder cut in there with the other groups :csad:

Love Jeremy Allen White. Can't wait to see it.

Hearing good things about it.

Love Jeremy Allen White. Can't wait to see it.

Hearing good things about it.
It's excellent, I'm very impressed with him (never watched Shameless, but was familiar with his work on Amazon's 'Homecoming')

Reactions: Lip
This is easily a top 5 show of the year for me, and I hope it gets renewed for a Season 2. Jeremy Allen White is fantastic in this, and it has a really strong supporting cast.

This is easily a top 5 show of the year for me, and I hope it gets renewed for a Season 2. Jeremy Allen White is fantastic in this, and it has a really strong supporting cast.
Same, tbh I would still be happy if this just ended up being a once off limited series.

I loved Jermey Allen White on Shameless even though I tuned out the last two seasons. The trailer for this series looks really good. I might resubscribe to Hulu just to watch.

Jeremy Allen White reminds me of a small screen version of Jake Gyllenhaal, just so impressive.

Jeremy Allen White reminds me of a small screen version of Jake Gyllenhaal, just so impressive.

It's interesting you bring up Jake Gyllenhaal because now I can actually see it, but I swear ever since I saw him in Shameless he would always remind me of like a young, more intense Shia LaBeouf.

His whole demeanor and the intensity of his acting reminds me a lot of the stuff you would see from Shia back in the day but without a doubt the dude is a really talented dramatic actor.

I'm still at the very beginning, and it's good.

I have to be honest and say that all I saw at the very beginning was Lip. Allen chose a very similar character. And the show kind of has a similar chaotic-family-dramedy vibe Shameless had.

Anyway, enjoying it so far. And happy he got another great role.

Just watched Ep. 07. And... That was fire, chef.

Amazing, amazing work.

I also love seeing Allen playing... "explosive".

I've always wanted 'Lip' to get meatier roles after Shameless, he was always the mvp.

Yeah, I wanted to watch this because of him (check my nickname), just like I intend to watch Angelyne because of Rossum.

And partially agree on the mvp part. It was both Rossum's Fiona and Allen's Lip for me.

Binged this in a few hours. Perfect show. I also appreciate that each episode is less than a hour. Too many shows today have too much filler. The right runtime helped keep the intensity up. Really hope for a season 2.

I’m still considering getting Hulu for this but do you guys think Jeremy Allen White has a Best Actor Emmy nomination lined up for his role and the show for Best Drama.

I’m still considering getting Hulu for this but do you guys think Jeremy Allen White has a Best Actor Emmy nomination lined up for his role and the show for Best Drama.
I hope so, but I won't be surprised if he gets snubbed again.

Also, I don't think this season is elegible for this years Emmy, only the next one. So this might get in the way.

Unfortunately the nomination round for Emmy nominees closed last month.

Has this show gotten any buzz? Most people I’ve talked to haven’t heard of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"