The Bear (HULU/FX)

**** it, just make it Frank Reynolds.

It'd make all the sense in the world
That'd be like a Flintstones meet the Jetsons type of crossover. Dennis especially would fit right in at that Berzatto Christmas dinner table.

That'd be like a Flintstones meet the Jetsons type of crossover. Dennis especially would fit right in at that Berzatto Christmas dinner table.
I could easily see the entire gang in the corner of the dinner table plotting to assassinate Donna or some other tomfoolery

Is it just me or is this the only consistent cable show right now as far as keeping a steady release pattern? The first season aired in June 2022 and each consecutive season has aired or is scheduled to air exactly one year later. It's kind of refreshing when most other shows take anywhere from 18 months to 2 years between seasons but the modest budget and lowkey location probably helps.

Is it just me or is this the only consistent cable show right now as far as keeping a steady release pattern? The first season aired in June 2022 and each consecutive season has aired or is scheduled to air exactly one year later. It's kind of refreshing when most other shows take anywhere from 18 months to 2 years between seasons but the modest budget and lowkey location probably helps.
I was gonna say The White Lotus, before I realized that season ended before 2022 was over. And plus S3 hasn’t even filmed yet, so…

I wanna say most FX shows run a tight ship, Reservation Dogs (A SHOW MORE PEOPLE SHOULD F**KIN WATCH BTW) was on pretty consistent every year.
Reservation Dogs is on my watchlist, I just need to get through my Netflix watchlist first so I can cancel my subsctiption. That way my bank account can stop screaming at me so much. :o

True story behind the whole cutting tape thing that Carmy is crazy about:

A lot of Carmy's past career is actually inspired by stories from Thomas Keller and his famous restaurants The French Laundry and Per Se (as well as his proteges).

Although Keller is known to be the total opposite of Carmy's New York boss played by Joel McHale in terms of being one of the least toxic superchefs, the kitchen shown in season 1 and the whole reputation of the place looks a lot like Per Se.

In contrast, Chef Terry's personality and her backstory from Forks is much more like Keller. His philosophy and ethos about being the best being of service, and nurturing people can be seen in Chef Terry. That attitude combined with Keller's positive, mentoring leadership style inspired excellence among his employees (as seen with Chef Terry).

Keller is also famous for the fact that he moved to California with his tail between his legs after his New York restaurant in the 80s completely imploded due to a stock market crash. While out there doing catering jobs, he stumbled upon the French Laundry which was up for sale and bought it and quickly built the greatest American fine dining restaurant in history.

I refuse to accept Buff Liguini as a sex icon or Wally West. :o

I mean, it’s a great performance, but what’s with this shared delusion that all the award institutions have about this show being a comedy?

I mean, it’s a great performance, but what’s with this shared delusion that all the award institutions have about this show being a comedy?

Screenshot_20240224_194705_Wikipedia.jpgScreenshot_20240224_194612_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240224_195042_Firefox.jpg

The internet has decided it is. 🤣

The distinct definition from the award shows has always been if it's a show that is a half-hour long and contains comedy which The Bear definitely has. Also, it's the producers and the higher-ups of these shows that decide what category it wants to compete in.

6e09b8ca553c3a5c7aa99b403a8cf2e9dbc34846.gif

60c90f6be2bcc8fb5eab36d05cdfb47d8f988f99.gif

This comedy debate is so stupid and may kill me.

The debate only rages on because the categorization is absurd. :o

I mean, yeah, the show can be funny, but Scrubs could be dramatic. Didn’t make it any less a sitcom at the end of the day.

Breaking Bad can be funny but it still counts as an hour-long drama.

IZj32NG.gif

Breaking Bad can be funny but it still counts as an hour-long drama.

IZj32NG.gif
To this day I don't think I laughed as hard at any show, comedy or not, as much as I did when Walt tossed that pizza on the roof.

The Bear to me is the outright definition of "dramedy". As unsettling as some of S2E6 was to watch, I still found myself laughing at Bernthal throwing those forks.

Even beyond that, the Ecto Cooler birthday party episode from season 1 is pretty much a straight up comedy.

"What kind of a**hole is gonna put ketchup on a hot dog?"
"A child, Richie."
"Child a**hole."

You're The Worst was a comedy that brought more emotional drama than most dramas. Let alone the hilarity within Atlanta, Peaky Blinders, BrBa, Sopranos...

That's when shows are the best. They can hit every emotion.

You're The Worst was a comedy that brought more emotional drama than most dramas. Let alone the hilarity within Atlanta, Peaky Blinders, BrBa, Sopranos...

That's when shows are the best. They can hit every emotion.
The Sopranos in particular had more than a couple of episodes where it teetered on the edge of officially being a dramedy. Christopher's intervention and the Pine Barrens episode come to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"