The Bear (HULU/FX)

Just from the way people have been talking about it on social media since it dropped, I know this family dinner episode is going to be something else, but I won’t lie… I’m having a really hard time buying the idea that Abby Elliott and Jon Bernthal came from the same parents.
My top 3 Choices for Papa Bear - Berzatto...

1) Michael Madsen
tumblr_lyx41ycSeI1qfjhkio1_500.gif

2) John Cusack
tumblr_msfklqjCoH1s9kboko1_500.gif

3) Bill Murray
giphy (1).gif

...and after snagging JLC (plus the rest of the family) and the Emmy(s).

I can't see why they couldn't grab any of these three guys.

4)

f0adbafbf524ab723bf5ee563799506e.gif

I could buy Madsen as the father of White, Bernthal and Elliott.

He's as LA as they come... but Cranston is that damn good he can play a convincing Chicagoan, New Yorker, and Bostonian all at the same time.

Getting a big kick out of the one YouTube comment I saw saying Jamie Lee Curtis on this show was how she should’ve been on the new Halloween movies. Because people’s opinion of the new ones definitely would’ve been turned around by Laurie being more abusive to her daughter.

*watches Carmy drive away a girl he likes because he’s afraid he’s no good if he’s happy/Sydney being stressed to the point of vomiting by the new responsibilities she’s taken on/the nicest character on the show breaking down in tears at the sight of a mother not being able to face her children*

Ahh, yes… that’s good *checks Emmy notes* … comedy.

But you forgot *the a-hole of the show finds his passion and has a new lease on life*

I just love how both Richie and Carmy seemingly switch sides character-wise by the end of the season.

*watches Carmy drive away a girl he likes because he’s afraid he’s no good if he’s happy/Sydney being stressed to the point of vomiting by the new responsibilities she’s taken on/the nicest character on the show breaking down in tears at the sight of a mother not being able to face her children*

Ahh, yes… that’s good *checks Emmy notes* … comedy.
I dunno, the fork throwing in the 7 Fishes episode was a chuckle riot. :o

But you forgot *the a-hole of the show finds his passion and has a new lease on life*

I just love how both Richie and Carmy seemingly switch sides character-wise by the end of the season.
Considering that he didn’t really get on-board with any of the changes during S1, I’m kind of surprised Richie took to the maitre d **** so quickly.

I won’t lie, though, the Fak brothers running around that party dressed in identical outfits was pretty funny.
There was a lot of humor in that episode, even with how heavy it was. It actually took me a while to get used to
Mulaney
being there.

There was a lot of humor in that episode, even with how heavy it was. It actually took me a while to get used to
Mulaney
being there.
I knew enough to expect tension going in, so I did let out a giggle when I saw his dork ass wander in.

Actually kind of curious to know if we’ll ever see any of the extended family again. I feel like Donna is a given, but otherwise…

Probably and considering how it's FX's biggest show right now, I'm expecting even bigger guest stars for the next season.

Considering that he didn’t really get on-board with any of the changes during S1, I’m kind of surprised Richie took to the maitre d **** so quickly.
Goddamn, watching him zero out the noise just as Animal kicked almost had me leap out in my chair cheering him on. Such a perfectly executed moment of tapping into unseen/unrealized potential.

My wife and I are watching it for the first time now that awards season convinced us to dive back in with another chance. We got into it pretty heavily the other night after watching Fishes. We both are fully in this go around, but she's too unnerved by how stressful and repetitive the editing gets. I keep trying to point out that it seems intentional, and what we're seeing isn't necessarily literal. We're supposed to experience these moments as the characters do, so it's supposed to feel like being hammered with the same question, comment about Claire, timer blaring, etc. over and over again even if the factual reality is fleeting. Richie clearing out that cacophony and the choice of that song feels like a direct audio line into his brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"