The Biggest Loser Season 8

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score
NBC's hit series "The Biggest Loser" returns for season eight with a special theme of "second chances" – and a must-see premiere on Tuesday, September 15 (8-10 p.m. ET). Alison Sweeney ("Days of our Lives") hosts the popular series, and trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels return to train 16 contestants eager to get their second chances at a new lease on life.

Their individual stories are compelling, from a firefighter (Allen Smith) whose health and job are at risk because of his weight to a military wife and mother of four (Tracey Yukich) who has always put others first. Viewers will also meet a remarkable woman (Abby Rike) who endured the worst tragedy imaginable – losing her husband and two children in a deadly car crash – and who now gets a second chance to restart her life.

Last season's heaviest contestant and fan favorite Daniel Wright will also return for a second chance to finish the weight loss journey he started in season seven, going from 454 lbs. to 312 lbs. He'll inspire a female social worker (Shay Sorrells) that has taken his place as the heaviest contestant in the history of "The Biggest Loser," weighing in at 476 lbs. Also included in the new season of players is Amanda Arlauskas, a 19-year old who was voted in by America during the season 7 finale of the show in May, and hopes to get a second chance to live the life she always dreamed of living. They'll all come together for a second chance to transform their bodies, their health and ultimately their lives.

"The Biggest Loser" has become a worldwide hit airing in over 90 countries and produced in 25 countries. Since its debut in 2004, "The Biggest Loser" has grown to become a standalone health and lifestyle brand by developing tools and products inspired by the show and approved by its doctors and experts. Anchored by the online, subscription-based extension of the show, Biggestloserclub.com, The Biggest Loser Meal Plan, The New York Times best-selling books series, best-selling fitness DVD series, a line of appliances, fitness equipment, protein supplements and countless other health and lifestyle based products, The Biggest Loser consumer products program has generated over $50 million in spending with presence at more than 25,000 major retailers to date. Check out www.biggestloser.com for more information.

i love this show :atp:

I always wanna eat a big bag of chips afterwards... but it's a fun show to watch. :up:

:yay:

Will David Archuleta still be singing or still be famous after he lost season 8?

lots of crazy stories this year. the dude finding out he's diabetic, the lady who lost her family, the girl who was homeless and lived with her drug addict mom :(

cant believe alexandra lost 60lbs at home already. i wonder how long ago they taped. kudos to her!
orange and green may be my teams this year

the lady who lost her family...i started crying

lots of crazy stories this year. the dude finding out he's diabetic, the lady who lost her family, the girl who was homeless and lived with her drug addict mom :csad:

I couldn't believe the reaction from the guy who found out he had Type TWO diabetes, which is the lesser of the two evils (this is coming from a guy who has Type ONE diabetes).

The guy is extremely overweight, eats a lot of garbage, and does minimal to no excercise... he should have gotten type 2 a long time ago and truthfully, it's the least of his worries... you can always come back from type 2... with a proper diet and excercize...

Without proper maintenance, it's the complications from diabetes that will **** him over... so hopefully, he's on the show long enough to change his life and habits.

:yay:

I've never watched this show until last night, and my wife and I were sobbing during Abbie's story about losing her family. Both kids....I don't know if I could handle life if I lost my two children, not to mention my wife along with them. :(

So missing my tv right now:(

This show is good to show people that their weight is completely under their own control. You determine how fat or skinny you want to be. It's amazing how badly out of shape the people on the show are, I couldn't even imagine not being able to a run a mile.

This show is good to show people that their weight is completely under their own control. You determine how fat or skinny you want to be. It's amazing how badly out of shape the people on the show are, I couldn't even imagine not being able to a run a mile.

yeah watching that part made me want to go run a mile right then just to remind myself that i can.
i know lots of people from all different backgrounds and weights that really enjoy this show

Your thinking of American Idol season 7 & not The Biggest Loser.
:huh:
haha! u are right!
but i also know the Biggest Loser season and i am just watching.
Anyway, Does anyone know a website where I can watch the full episode, it is not on NBC's site yet. I missed The biggest loser season 8 premiere last night?

p.s:
What is the song that is played throughout and at the end of the Medium season finale?
Lyrics are "who doesn't want someone to hold. someone to love you without being told".

Last edited:
the lady who lost her family...i started crying
Yeah, that's such a sad story :csad:

There's some big people this season! should be interesting with the contestants working with both trainers though. I wonder if it be this way the entire season, just because they love to change things around

i lost it when the lady was tellin her story about her babies... kids always get me ...

kinda rooting for Dan to make it far this time around

i lost it when the lady was tellin her story about her babies... kids always get me ...

kinda rooting for Dan to make it far this time around

me too. he's already came a long way and kudos for him for picking Shay first. He overcame being the largest contestant and I hope he can motivate her to do the same.

i missed the first half hr but it was really good the rest of the way through.

nice to see a chef beside rocco for a change. i never thought of poaching shrimp before. heck, ive never poached anything before
he's totally right about the salads though, i know that will surprise a lot of ppl i know who swear by them.

was great to see them all work together to get across the balance beams, i am so clumsy i prolly wouldve feel before i got to the first checkpoint. no one goes home this week, yay, so i guess 2 next week?

way to go dan for getting under 300! he's lost over 150 lbs and he's the best person to be teamed with shay imo. he's a great motivator for her

Watched the show last night and thought it was great that the girl who took all those risks and got *****ed at all week dropped 11 lbs. Ahahahahaha, so no trainers and 4 cupcakes and she had the highest percentage weight loss, wish she wouldn't acted a little cocky after that, a big f you was in order to the other contestants staring daggers at her.

next week I expect her to have low numbers because she hasn't hit her plateau yet. She was out a lot longer and her body hasn't been acclimated as much as some of them who've been there since day one.

Rudy lost 54lbs in 3 weeks :eek: I wish I knew more of the dietary/health parts that come along with their rapid weight loss. I know they're constantly monitored but that's like 18 lbs a week and that can't be too healthy unless they were constantly monitored.

and wow to Shawn and Antoine, both have already lost over a 100 lbs, and Antoine hooked up with the chick who was first eliminated. aww

Watched the show last night and thought it was great that the girl who took all those risks and got *****ed at all week dropped 11 lbs. Ahahahahaha, so no trainers and 4 cupcakes and she had the highest percentage weight loss, wish she wouldn't acted a little cocky after that, a big f you was in order to the other contestants staring daggers at her.
She screwed a few of the contestants with the person she picked (even after some had talked to her asking her to pick the other person and she had led them to believe she would go with it), so the daggers were more than deserved if u ask me. What a *****. Tracey's the only person this season i dont like. Now the game got flatout nasty, and it wasnt that way yet. Next week's preview had me laughing though, i hope karma comes her way soon :awesome:

Last edited:
next week I expect her to have low numbers because she hasn't hit her plateau yet. She was out a lot longer and her body hasn't been acclimated as much as some of them who've been there since day one.

Rudy lost 54lbs in 3 weeks :eek: I wish I knew more of the dietary/health parts that come along with their rapid weight loss. I know they're constantly monitored but that's like 18 lbs a week and that can't be too healthy unless they were constantly monitored.

and wow to Shawn and Antoine, both have already lost over a 100 lbs, and Antoine hooked up with the chick who was first eliminated. aww

I don't find the weight loss too hard to believe, with the dietary change, large amount of exercising and lack of temptations to fall into old habits. These people have a lot of excess weight to lose and when the only thing you're doing all week is working on losing weight, without distraction, I think the pounds can come off very easily. I think they probably lose at least 2 pounds just in tears/week.

I don't find the weight loss too hard to believe, with the dietary change, large amount of exercising and lack of temptations to fall into old habits. These people have a lot of excess weight to lose and when the only thing you're doing all week is working on losing weight, without distraction, I think the pounds can come off very easily. I think they probably lose at least 2 pounds just in tears/week.

oh i believe it. i just think it's interesting. like I imagine the first week or so most of what they're losing is 'water weight', etc. I just am curious like how it affects their body, ie: their bowels, appetite, etc.

i think its cute that Shawn and his wife are naming their daughter Jillian, wonder how she reacted to it.

this has been a great season so far. Rudy's almost at 100lbs lost and it hasnt even been 2 months yet, that's crazy.

cant believe Danny lost 15lbs in one week at home :wow:

11 weeks in and we're down to the Final 4:

Rudy, Danny, Liz, and Amanda

i'm really looking forward to the Finale now

and tomorrow night's where are they now should be very interesting!

Anna Kournikova is alledgedly replacing Jillian Michaels next season. The other trainers remain unchanged. Go Irene!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"