The Book of Boba Fett The Book of Boba Fett General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Can we get Banderas too?

El Mariachi IN SPACE!
Honestly, if they decide to replace Jim Cummings, I think Antonio Banderas would crush it as Hondo. But one way or another, getting Hondo on this show needs to be a top priority.

I'd love to see all of Rodriguez's frequent collaborators pop up: Banderas, Danny Trejo, Salma Hayek, Cheech Marin, Carla Gugino...

Rodriguez has an expanded role in this?

I look forward to Danny Trejo’s inevitable guest appearance.

Can we get Banderas too?

El Mariachi IN SPACE!

I think it'd be pretty cool if they got Joe Johnston to direct an episode. Would really bring everything full circle for the character.

giphy.gif

Honestly, it’s probably pipe-dreamy as hell and I seem to recall him not being on board with Star Wars going to Disney in the first place... but wouldn’t it be wild if Rodriguez convinced QT to direct an episode?

Maybe Rodriguez gets Tarantino to direct one dialogue heavy scene of Boba Fett having a conversation with dead Bib Fortuna in the Slave 1.

Ugh, no.

I like him, and no.

I really hope of anyone he convinces Cameron to do Star Wars, he knows Sci-Fi better.

Nice to see that Robert Rodriguez will be involved with this series in addition to Filoni & Favreau. Loved the episode that he directed so we can expect more badass Fett moments

Am I crazy, or didn't RR pitch a Boba Fett solo movie about 5 years ago when Disney did Force Awakens?

I hope they do a better job with Boba here than in the Mandalorian, where he barely felt like the character from the OT.

I hope they do a better job with Boba here than in the Mandalorian, where he barely felt like the character from the OT.

Well I hope his actions in the epilogue are a start of Boba Fett getting back to his lowlife scoundrel business, but we'll see.

Am I crazy, or didn't RR pitch a Boba Fett solo movie about 5 years ago when Disney did Force Awakens?

Actually around that time the reports were that Boba Fett was going to be the next anthology movie after Solo.

Keep in mind at Celebration 2015, Disney/Lucasfilm were supposed to announce Josh Trank's Star Wars movie. He was ON THE DOCKET for the movie panel at Celebration. However, only Gareth Edwards showed up for Rogue One. Trank was a no show and he was quietly fired not long after that.

Trank all but says it was Boba Fett here:

'Capone' director Josh Trank shares details on 'Star Wars' spinoff movie that never was, pivotal 'Fantastic Four' meeting with Stan Lee

So five years ago, the guy directing Boba Fett the movie was very likely going to be JOSH TRANK.

So I had an idea for what could be a brilliant Easter Egg - What if one of Boba's first opponents in retaking Jabba's turf is a mysterious figure whose been pretending to be Jabba ala The Wizard of Oz/Man Behind the Curtain? And that mystery man turns out to be based on the Scottish human Jabba from the old deleted scene?

mulholland.jpg

^^^ This guy, remember? Recreate the old costume and have Mando and Fennec shut him down.

dh10131-e1549273009533.jpg

Ideally now played by Angus Macfadyen

So I had an idea for what could be a brilliant Easter Egg - What if one of Boba's first opponents in retaking Jabba's turf is a mysterious figure whose been pretending to be Jabba ala The Wizard of Oz/Man Behind the Curtain? And that mystery man turns out to be based on the Scottish human Jabba from the old deleted scene?

mulholland.jpg

^^^ This guy, remember? Recreate the old costume and have Mando and Fennec shut him down.

dh10131-e1549273009533.jpg

Ideally now played by Angus Macfadyen

Seems like Mark Addy would be a better fit.

I remember an old EU story where they actually referrenced that. I think it was a Mara Jade story now come to think of it.

Mara is sent to infiltrate Jabba's palace and the person that interviews her so to speak for a position is this older heavy set fellow who says he would ventrue out and pose as Jabba, I guess trying to make that deleted scene canon. At least it was deleted back when the story was published.

In hindsight... That makes no sense.

In the SW universe everyone knows what a Hutt is.

And... They ain't human. If you know that Jabb is... A Hutt, well... You won't be fooled by a fat guy.

The idea with the human actor was they wanted to put a stop motion puppet over the live actor for Jabba later on. Note that the deleted scene uses some of the same dialog from the Greedo scene in the theatrical cut.

Here's the original footage.

Special edition version with Boba Fett.

Last edited:
I liked the way the Human Jabba and the dialog have a different vibe.

You can see the character being somewhat likable and the performer gives off some form of affability and you can see he and Han have some kind of relationship.

I'm not usually anti-Special Edition. I LIKE most if not all the additions. I've even become agnostic on "Han Shot First" over the years.

But... The Jabba scene in ANH SE feels like George just wanted a scene where he could plop Boba down in so that he's part of the trilogy from the jump. And of course to show off the then cutting edge CG and digital VFX.

But the dialog paints a different picture to the Jabba we see in ROTJ. That Jabba is.... Monster. Not just a criminal but egregiously without any redeeming quality at all. It is too stark, and frankly, even after getting a digital touch up the VFX just... Isn't that great.

That said... Bring on Boba Vs. The Hutt Gangsters.

Even the Jabba CG from Special Edition has aged pretty horribly. Just look at Jabba's mouth for example. I'm surprised Lucasfilm hasn't gone back and touched it up yet.

What if BoBF ended up being a musical series?

I mean look at just look at these guys

b4378bcbeb6be217d6d95530f81a9e445874b7c1.jpg

707e4bd1d85f60480bb1bc8826f004a561205104.jpg

With Robert at the helm I do wonder what the show will "sound" like?

If anything THIS is the project to turn the Morricone up to 11 in Star Wars.

Even the Jabba CG from Special Edition has aged pretty horribly. Just look at Jabba's mouth for example. I'm surprised Lucasfilm hasn't gone back and touched it up yet.

They actually already did for the 2004 release.

This is how bad he looked in 1997 above shot.

upload_2020-12-26_7-35-13.jpeg

giphy.gif

Yeah I don't get the commitment to the stepping on the tail effect gag.
No matter how many times they revisit it, or how polished the CG gets for Jabba, they'll still never sell it.
They should have just cut away back to Chewie following close, or a quick added close up of the tail rolling forward, then quick back to Han on the other side.
Also changing it from Solo understandably smooth talking his way out, to him literally walking on Jabba without consequence, makes Jabba come off non-threatening.

Last edited:
Again... The dialog from the original scene doesn't work in light of the monster that Jabba is in ROTJ.

That's the biggest issue. The Jabba in the SE scene feels like he has a real "relationship" with Han, maybe even warm feelings, but ultimately sure, he's a gangster, but he's personable and approachable.

So I get to a degree the tail thing.

But it sticks out in hindsight given how "vile" Jabba is in ROTJ.

Brainstorm...

I call this... BOBA'S BIG PAYBACK.

We are gonna get a retcon.

Boba holds no ill will towards Solo. **** happens in combat and he is more mad at himself for allowing it to happen in the first place.

I think what we may learn in broad strokes is somehow Fett was rescued from the Pit or he got out himself after sometime. Days? A week? Who knows? Somehow someway this connects with Bib. Bib was behind his rescue or aided him after he was free but still required medical attention.

Owing Bib, Fett becomes part of some scheme Bib has running, perhaps Bib rescues Fett precisely because he needs him for this undertaking. Maybe this is a holdover from Jabba, some criminal plan that is too lucrative for Bib to abandon just cuz Jabba is dead? This might even explain why Boba was hanging around the palace in Ep VI in the first place. He was asked to stick around so Jabba or Bib could butter him up to take part in this job. In any case Fett does his part in whatever Bib had going on after he's back on his feet... And Bib stabs him in the back someway.

Also... Maybe whatever the aim or goal that was the subject of Bib's scheme carries over to the show as part of the overall arc? Something central to this enterprise is gonna factor into Boba's "Big Payback".

Boba is left for dead by Bib's crew somewhere, stripped of his armor, which is either sold or traded to those Jawas that rescued Cobb or it was like Boba just left like trash somewhere.

But Boba lived.

He's been plotting. He found his armor.

And now he's gonna kill every ******* that was part of Bib's scheme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"