Ahsoka Ahsoka General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

They are improvements over what we've had before. They no longer are stiff foam, that don't move.
Yeah I think they actually look pretty realistic to what a big floppy sack of skin would do IRL
The cartoons did make them seem heavier, but that would be difficult to construct and death on Rosario and MEW's necks

3 episodes in and enjoying this so far. Never watched rebels started it a while ago but just couldn't keep up with it. So no real pre-face for me on this show and I am liking it.

3 episodes in and enjoying this so far. Never watched rebels started it a while ago but just couldn't keep up with it. So no real pre-face for me on this show and I am liking it.
Very interesting to get the perspective from people who aren't into the animated shows as much. Friend of mine refuses to watch Rebels and Clone Wars. He hated Obi-Wan and BOBF, thought Mando was fun but overrated, and Andor good but too slow. I honestly didn't expect him to enjoy Ahsoka at all. He finally started watching yesterday and texted me he thinks this might be the best Disney Star Wars show.

Very interesting to get the perspective from people who aren't into the animated shows as much. Friend of mine refuses to watch Rebels and Clone Wars. He hated Obi-Wan and BOBF, thought Mando was fun but overrated, and Andor good but too slow. I honestly didn't expect him to enjoy Ahsoka at all. He finally started watching yesterday and texted me he thinks this might be the best Disney Star Wars show.

I just love Filoni's approach to this universe. It's the closest to the original trilogy we have got. I have watched some of clone wars. None of rebels yet but did watch Tales Of the Jedi so I know who Ashoka is. But I am really enjoying this far. Enjoyed Obi -Wan personally. Have loved Mando though season 3 took a drop in quality and thought BOBF was okay. Andor is probably the stand out but Ashoka is getting there for me.

j07xPnA.png

8krp.gif

I don’t understand why people are hating on Filoni he‘s the only one who clearly understands this universe he is A fanboy just like the rest of us. I’d be happy with him overseeing it over Kathleen Kennedy.

I don’t understand why people are hating on Filoni he‘s the only one who clearly understands this universe he is A fanboy just like the rest of us. I’d be happy with him overseeing it over Kathleen Kennedy.
The only thing I can think of is the characters he chooses. He likes to go more fantastical rather than just jedi and sith. Some people just want to see lightsabers bashing into each other. Myself I don't care too much for these higher level beings, but I don't care if they are explored. As long as we aren't going to Tatooine again I am up for some world building. Let's see what is out there.

I think part of it is it feels like he is still learning live action. I think he is trying to bring his Clone Wars style storytelling to live action, and it is having mixed results on the pacing. And I don't think he is handling some of the physical restrictions that are placed on him with live action very well.

I do look forward to seeing the Dathomir version of THE CLIFF (tm) next season.

"He's a fanboy just like the rest of us" is the whole problem. Since getting involved in live-action, his primary interest narratively seems to be "Wouldn't it be cool if..." So much so that he seems totally disinterested in improving his skills in live-action direction because making cinema isn't his goal. It's just smashing action figures together, ultimately - a conduit for fan-service rather than an artform.

Why would I want a fanboy in charge of Star Wars? I want a talented multi-tasker, who wants to tell new, interesting stories, and not depend on simple nostalgia. Gilroy is a good example.

Last edited:
Why would I want a fanboy in charge of Star Wars? I want a talented multi-tasker, who wants to tell new, interesting stories, and not depend on simple nostalgia. Gilroy is a good example.
Someone like Gilroy has absolutely no interest in being in charge of Star Wars though. He's been pretty honest about not caring, or knowing, much outside of the specific era he's working in. Just focused on telling his own story, which is fine of course. You need someone who is in for the long term.

Yeah, a Luke Skywalker fanboy killed my interest in Star Wars once. And quite honestly, once he said that Ahsoka being part of Rey's "All the Jedi" doesn't mean she's dead is kind of the point where you have to have a talk with Filoni.

Yeah, he was Lucas' protege. But let us remember, that this was post PT Lucas. I don't think many would call him a great director.

Personally, I think something like Project Luminous may be something to look at. Not one person in charge, but get a bunch of creatives together, plot out a certain time frame for their stories, and just let them work together to create a block of stories.

Personally, I think something like Project Luminous may be something to look at. Not one person in charge, but get a bunch of creatives together, plot out a certain time frame for their stories, and just let them work together to create a block of stories.
I think that might be the way forward, but I'd argue that's how Kathleen Kennedy has been running things already. The New Republic era with Filoni, Favreau, Famuyiwa, Rodriguez, Watts, and Ford certainly has been. Same with the High Republic as you pointed out, alongside the work of Leslye Headland and Elliot Bour. Same with all the Reign of the Empire stories. The new parts of the timeline explored in the movies seem a bit more focused on a single director, but they are only contracted to introduce those eras right now. We don't know what the larger plans are yet. There has also been a lot of connective tissue between projects set in different eras.

Remember, Book of Boba Fett didn't get a season 2.

I think the most damning aspect is that the Anakin episode didn't boost numbers at all. It actually did worse. Compare that to Boba's episode 5, where the numbers were boosted by the presence of the Mando and it road that momentum into two more highly rated episodes. Which wasn't enough to get the show a season 2.

Also I'm pretty sure these numbers all include extra days for Ahsoka, because it released on a Tuesday, and these numbers reflect a specific set time frame of a week and whatever falls into it. Meaning the numbers for Ahsoka are actually worse.

I understand fan fervor, but it's bubble talk.

Last edited:
I don't think they were seriously pushing for another season of Boba either.

Finished this last night. The finale was a tad underwhelming, but overall I thoroughly enjoyed this and would watch another season in a heartbeat.

I love how Filoni approaches this universe and fully embraced the mythical side of things and would absolutely be down for more.

Remember, Book of Boba Fett didn't get a season 2.
Not too worried. Andor did get a season 2 with lower viewer numbers and a higher budget than Ahsoka. Also depends on whether a second season is important to their plans going forward. More BOBF obviously wasn't.

Not too worried. Andor did get a season 2 with lower viewer numbers and a higher budget than Ahsoka. Also depends on whether a second season is important to their plans going forward. More BOBF obviously wasn't.
Andor was originally 4 seasons. They reduced it to two before season 1 was released. So it was locked in for a second season and it's their prestige series.

Mando s2 was announced before season 1 aired. Both Ahsoka and Boba were announced as limited series, with the actors trying to get that s2 hype up by telling folk to watch it if they want more. Which means if they were big hits, we'd get more. Ahsoka has done worse then Boba.

For comparisons, when it comes to Marvel and Star Wars shows on Disney+ that have got a second season so far, Mando season 2 was announced in July, the summer before s1 was released. Season 3 was announced in December 2020, with the finale of s2. Loki season 2 was announced at the end of the season 1 finale. What If s2 was confirmed before release. Andor, again, before release.

I'm not saying season 2 won't happen. But if it was a guarantee, we'd know already imo. Especially with the restructuring of Disney+. Skeleton Crew is probably going to need to do well. If it doesn't, the Mandoverse is going to be seen as a limited success to the Mando himself.

Future plans change, as both Marvel and LF have shown us. With credible sources saying that both studios were pressured to announce movies this past year. I can totally see a world where the "First Jedi" and Mando movies don't happen. Especially with Lando recently announced as a movie.

They have two Star Wars movies listed for 2026. That is not likely to happen. So what is most likely? Rey and Lando in 2026 and 2027. Lando they can keep cheap and Rey has film cache and will be moving the timeline further, which will gain intrigue.

The Mando movie in hindsight wasn't a great idea. It's a streaming show and while it's popular, it's not that popular. And sticking that into theaters doesn't guarantee anything. Unlike a Skywalker flick.

Here is what I expect if Skeleton Crew and Mando s4 fail to launch. A 5th season of Mando and a limited series, that acts as the Mando movie, which they sell as, "we have too much story".

I think they will recast Luke, Han and Leia for an Heir to the Empire type film. I think that’s what the Filoni film will be and I think it’ll be the next theatrical release.

I think we’re probably going to get a season 2 and the New Republic/Imperial Remnant film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"