The Brainiac Thread

Lily Adler

🔥🍨Getting hot scoops🍨🔥 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I know the Brainiac from Krypton exists, but dammit I want a theatrical one!

Untitled-2.png

I wish Donner would have been able to make his original idea for Superman III, with Brainiac and Supergirl. And then we got close to seeing Christopher Walken as Brainiac in Superman Lives, which unfortunately didn’t happen. I thought for sure Man of Steel would feature Brainiac, but they used Zod again.

It’s time for Brainiac on the big screen! My vote is for Amanda Collin (Raised by Wolves)

0EF00993-3992-45B4-9592-17CCC7191172.jpeg

WB Exec #1: Hey, maybe we should do something with Superman again.

WB Exec #2: Good idea. Let’s do another reboot.

WB Exec #1: Sounds good. Who should the villain be this time?

WB Exec #2: Well, Superman only ever had TWO villains in comics, movies and TV shows. That’s it. Just Zod and Lex, and we just used Lex.

WB Exec #1: Zod it is, then! No way people are tired of seeing him! They love that guy!

I don't think we'll get zod again, if they get someone in directors chair with vision and ambition. I honestly wouldn't mind if Parasite was the first villain.

I have always liked the idea that brainiac is a totally different species to anything we can imagine - in the sense they are sentient energy beings.... so they need organic body suits, in order to survive outside of their realm.. so to speak... in our reality, dimension... and basically Roswell crash was brainiac crashing...they retrieved the aliened, wired them up, they was instantly able to infect the radio waves and instruments of 1950's America and they live on almost like AI that we cannot comprehend - so like a static face appeared on a screen...
Something like this..man-s-face-tv-static-animation-television-hd-43647437.jpg

where brainiac explains he took his face, form so that they can comprehend them.

Then brainiac basically works with the us government, they think brainiac is helping them and benign - they create internet and tech companies and it's inane what they can do and literally we come to today, where everything is what it is, brainiac still a secret, but is driving the world forward.

However, it's a Trojan horse, brainiac is just slowly gaining control of everything - they can see throw every lens, every camera, iPhone, controls every smart device and is steering evolution to make mankind a hybrid of their evolution, steering scientists into working with integrating tech and humans and also, inter stellar travel - they have to make a craft to get back or at least alert others.

Then when a kryptonian arrives - satelites pick it up in the 80s, then brainiac themselves tracks and studies kal el and wants to use him to get back to their own planet... ofcourse, clark has other ideas..

Hello, superman fans, I would like to present to you my Superman fan film: Man of Steel 2: Hope Lives. Brainiac is one of the main villains.
Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do. Hope to hear your comments

Man of Steel would have been a better film with Brainiac instead of Zod, but that’s a moot point. As much as I’d like to see the character, a reboot film should focus on Earth-bound threats instead of another Kryptonian connection or alien invasion. Save that for a potential sequel.

I would like to see the STAS version with some hints of Geoff Johns’ version. Let’s keep the bottled cities. Plus, maybe that’s a cool way for Superman to learn more intimately about Krypton—when he discovers it in Brainaic’s menagerie.

Hello, superman fans, I would like to present to you my Superman fan film: Man of Steel 2: Hope Lives. Brainiac is one of the main villains.
Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do. Hope to hear your comments

A ton of work went into this, good job

Yes to brainiac and I still want Hugo weaving.

At this point, doing a full on Brainiac invasion story would feel so repetitive. Both Man of Steel and Justice League featured alien invasions, and unfortunately I think they should try something else.

That doesn’t mean that Brainiac can’t be involved. I’d just like to see a more contained story than any sort of bombastic invasion. Brainiac doesn’t need to be a massive physical threat, his real strength is in his intelligence. I am intrigued by the idea of a depowered Superman trapped on Brainiac’s rocketship of horrors. A very Giger-esque design for Brainiac and his ship would be dope as hell.

8D0374EA-D43F-42EC-9872-322DC28AF694.jpeg

I know a lot of people want to see a more uplifting Superman story, but I’d love to see some Alien/Fire in the Sky/sci-fi horror in the next Superman. Brainiac as a concept is inherently terrifying and lends itself easily to sci-fi horror.

EE9F79C6-712D-4A50-BFFD-F106E9A5BF9A.jpeg

Batman has the Grant Morrison/Arkham Asylum storyline where he must battle some of his greatest enemies as he makes his way through this terrifying maze of evil. Superman could have something similar within Brainiac’s ship. Aboard the ship could be any number of terrifying alien specimens Brainiac has collected. I wouldn’t mind seeing the last Czarnian trapped aboard Brainiac’s ship. Brainiac himself could be feeble and vulnerable, but he would have full control of the ship and all of its biomechanical components. There is a ton of potential there, and it would be more fresh/contained than a standard alien invasion story.

2FF7317E-1ECA-4D31-835F-2927EC475D1E.jpeg

^ I like that. If WB is so insistent on going dark with Superman, that’s the way to do it. Don’t change the character, change the setting. An injured or otherwise not-ridiculously-powerful Superman making his way through Brainiac’s ship and encountering cosmic horrors all the way is a brilliant storyline that’s instantly different from everything that’s come before.

On the other hand, I’d love to see a pulpy adventure film with a Brainiac that bottles cities.

At this point, doing a full on Brainiac invasion story would feel so repetitive. Both Man of Steel and Justice League featured alien invasions, and unfortunately I think they should try something else.

That doesn’t mean that Brainiac can’t be involved. I’d just like to see a more contained story than any sort of bombastic invasion. Brainiac doesn’t need to be a massive physical threat, his real strength is in his intelligence. I am intrigued by the idea of a depowered Superman trapped on Brainiac’s rocketship of horrors. A very Giger-esque design for Brainiac and his ship would be dope as hell.

View attachment 54203

I know a lot of people want to see a more uplifting Superman story, but I’d love to see some Alien/Fire in the Sky/sci-fi horror in the next Superman. Brainiac as a concept is inherently terrifying and lends itself easily to sci-fi horror.

View attachment 54204

Batman has the Grant Morrison/Arkham Asylum storyline where he must battle some of his greatest enemies as he makes his way through this terrifying maze of evil. Superman could have something similar within Brainiac’s ship. Aboard the ship could be any number of terrifying alien specimens Brainiac has collected. I wouldn’t mind seeing the last Czarnian trapped aboard Brainiac’s ship. Brainiac himself could be feeble and vulnerable, but he would have full control of the ship and all of its biomechanical components. There is a ton of potential there, and it would be more fresh/contained than a standard alien invasion story.

View attachment 54202

That's dark... it's a cool idea.. Flash Gordon type adventure...

Just imagine a Brainiac sequence that draws influence from this legendary scene:

I have always liked the idea that brainiac is a totally different species to anything we can imagine - in the sense they are sentient energy beings.... so they need organic body suits, in order to survive outside of their realm.. so to speak... in our reality, dimension... and basically Roswell crash was brainiac crashing...they retrieved the aliened, wired them up, they was instantly able to infect the radio waves and instruments of 1950's America and they live on almost like AI that we cannot comprehend - so like a static face appeared on a screen...
Something like this..View attachment 53758

where brainiac explains he took his face, form so that they can comprehend them.

Then brainiac basically works with the us government, they think brainiac is helping them and benign - they create internet and tech companies and it's inane what they can do and literally we come to today, where everything is what it is, brainiac still a secret, but is driving the world forward.

However, it's a Trojan horse, brainiac is just slowly gaining control of everything - they can see throw every lens, every camera, iPhone, controls every smart device and is steering evolution to make mankind a hybrid of their evolution, steering scientists into working with integrating tech and humans and also, inter stellar travel - they have to make a craft to get back or at least alert others.

Then when a kryptonian arrives - satelites pick it up in the 80s, then brainiac themselves tracks and studies kal el and wants to use him to get back to their own planet... ofcourse, clark has other ideas..
There are a lot of fun ideas here. I would love to incorporate it someway into my Superman Look up in the sky story..I'm approaching the 1950s and it would be fun to have Supes be a part of the Roswell crash.

I remember that movie terrifying me as a kid. I saw an interview with the guy back then and I totally believed him. Found out a while after that he was a total fraud. Still, that scene is chilling.

Something like this..View attachment 53758

I kinda played with your idea a bit and wrote a little scene in the 1948 ( the time is wrong but I can fix that)

Look, up in the sky!

If you go to 1948 and read after Pete and Clark are in lock up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"