The Brave and the Bold News and Discussion Thread

John Rocha is hearing that Muschietti has been removed as director.

It's been quiet on all fronts for a while so who knows. I'd hope for someone a lot more interesting.

I wonder if DCU Batman could have darker stories like Death in the Family, Killing Joke, the Dark Knight Returns or like Michael Keaton or Robert Pattinson Batman movies or maybe DCU Batman will be a more lighthearted Batman oriented for the Family, a Batman that children can see. i hope that the DCU has different styles and that the DCU Batman is different from DCU Superman, but i know it is too much to ask i think DCU Batman it will be New 52 Batman in live action

You know what I find interesting, apparently the cw is stating that the superman and Lois tv was cancelled because WB didn't want a competing superman property. This has usually been the case with WB even though the audience for that show is probably very small. If that is the sentiment for superman, I find it hard to believe this isn't the same for batman which WB has been notoriously more protective of as a property.

You know what I find interesting, apparently the cw is stating that the superman and Lois tv was cancelled because WB didn't want a competing superman property. This has usually been the case with WB even though the audience for that show is probably very small. If that is the sentiment for superman, I find it hard to believe this isn't the same for batman which WB has been notoriously more protective of as a property.
The difference is the Batman franchise running in parallel is quite successful with potential for growth and would be a PR nightmare to kill before there's any indication the DCU will be a success, but they still need a Batman franchise for a shared DC universe. Hence this project in all its utter pointlessness. Superman & Lois is a lovely show but a lot easier to just write off.

The difference is the Batman franchise running in parallel is quite successful with potential for growth and would be a PR nightmare to kill before there's any indication the DCU will be a success, but they still need a Batman franchise for a shared DC universe. Hence this project in all its utter pointlessness. Superman & Lois is a lovely show but a lot easier to just write off.
This is the major problem with this entire DC reset. Batman is basically at another studio under the direction of a completely different filmmaker and the current “CEO” can’t really touch those characters for years unless you have two franchises running parallel. It’s a mess, imo.

Its also interesting to note that Gunn has not debunked the Muschietti rumor on social media yet.

A rumor not being debunked doesn't mean anything. Things regarding films that would come out years from now are gonna change constantly anyway. Batman is not basically at another studio either. At all lol

The Batman era that Gunn seems to wanna lean into is already fairly opposite to what Reeves is doing, and if they release years apart, go for it. One is already being sold as a two-hander where a child assassin is co-lead. That's pretty dissimilar to Crime Saga.

Here’s my suggestion: Bring in Chris McCay to write and direct. He already got hosed out of his Nightwing movie, so let him do this (and please have Nightwing be a major character in it.)

His last two live-action films were quite bad imo. I think they can do much better.

Maybe it would be better to save that arc for a sequel or something? Lets establish the relationships (Bruce and Damian as father and son, Dick and Damian as a weird older/younger brother dynamic) before putting the cape and cowl on Dick. Lets not go there right away.

No need to worry about that because it will never happen. This will be a Bruce/Damian two-hander.

I like Gareth Edwards for a new take on Batman but his commitment to the new Jurassic Park film might prohibit that.

Couldn't they just do Morrison's Batman & Robin with Dick as Batman?

It’s not a bad idea—and a good way to differentiate from Pattinson as Batman too.

Take cue from the recent Gotham Knights video game or Batman: Bad Blood animated film and start the film with Bruce Wayne’s “death.”

Last edited:
Dick Grayson is my Batfamily prince and I would be 10x more interested in this movie if it were announced that he was the Batman in this rather than Bruce.
Great example of the kind of creative stuff you can't do if you're trying to build a shared universe and want to adhere to what people's idea of a "classic" DC world is. You gotta have a Superman and Batman that are contemporaries, you gotta have all the classic members, etc.

I mean, I personally couldn't possibly care less if Corenswet's Superman's super BFF was Dick Grayson. Every new version of the DC Universe should be wildly different! I even think it would be neat to have Bruce die relatively shortly into the DCU after meeting Damian, then Dick takes over - maybe you could get some amazing actor in the role who would never sign up for more than one movie.

Great example of the kind of creative stuff you can't do if you're trying to build a shared universe and want to adhere to what people's idea of a "classic" DC world is. You gotta have a Superman and Batman that are contemporaries, you gotta have all the classic members, etc.

I mean, I personally couldn't possibly care less if Corenswet's Superman's super BFF was Dick Grayson. Every new version of the DC Universe should be wildly different! I even think it would be neat to have Bruce die relatively shortly into the DCU after meeting Damian, then Dick takes over - maybe you could get some amazing actor in the role who would never sign up for more than one movie.

I don't think it's necessarily an either-or type of situation. Dick Grayson can become Batman in Brave and the Bold while Bruce is presumed dead, only for him to return for Act III. Then, the status quo is set at the end with Bruce Wayne / Batman, Dick Grayson / Nightwing, and Damian Wayne / Robin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"