• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

STOP! Can you tell me what stories are left to adapt for Spider-Man that aren't horrendous?
That show wasn't as literal with its adaptations as X-Men TAS. We never got Sandman on the show, MJ was still lost in the multiverse, etc. There is plenty they can still do in that show

I don't see a purpose in reviving Spider-Man: The Animated Series. It covered almost every major Spidey story at the time, unlike say X-Men. It might not have wrapped up all of it's plot lines, but it certainly ended in a way in which it said everything it wanted to say about the character.

I’m personally sick of Spider-Man in high school, so I definitely would welcome a 90s TAS revival. You could tell more stories, have Spidey and MJ officially reunite and let MJ work on the Secret Hospital soap, get real 90s and introduce Kaine, Stunner, Lady Octopus etc.

It could be fun.

On one hand, TAS allows for more Morbin Time with "PLASMA".

On the other hand, Spectacular is 100 times better.

I’m personally sick of Spider-Man in high school, so I definitely would welcome a 90s TAS revival. You could tell more stories, have Spidey and MJ officially reunite and let MJ work on the Secret Hospital soap, get real 90s and introduce Kaine, Stunner, Lady Octopus etc.

It could be fun.
Especially if they're doing the MJ in the multiverse thing, we can do female Ock or an episode in Scarlet Spider's reality that has Kaine, etc. We got options

I don't see a purpose in reviving Spider-Man: The Animated Series. It covered almost every major Spidey story at the time, unlike say X-Men. It might not have wrapped up all of it's plot lines, but it certainly ended in a way in which it said everything it wanted to say about the character.

Hey, we can always revisit such classics like The Clone Saga, or Sins Past, or One More Day.

Sins Past mention? OKA, you might as well just take me out back to put me out of my misery!
How can you not love the story that retconned Gwen Stacy into a cheater! And not just a cheater, but a cheater with a man who was over twice her age! And not just a cheater who cheated with a man who was over twice a her age, but a man who was over twice her age and her boyfriends archenemy!

With X-Men, the 90s (and very early 00s) was probably the peak of popularity for the series. It was the most widely beloved adaptation, and I also feel it kind of stands out as its own era. By the time of the films, the X-Men look very different from the 90s Jim Lee version, as do the 80s and earlier X-Men.

By contrast, I don't think this is true for Spider-Man. There are more defining adaptations such as the Raimi films or the Spider-Verse films, or Spectacular Spider-Man. Also unlike X-Men, I've always viewed the 90s as sort of a nadir in Spider-Man's popularity. This is the time of the Clone Saga and so forth. Whereas X-Men kind of got surpassed by first Spider-Man and then the Avengers in the 2000s, that didn't happen with Spider-Man. While being Spider-Man a revived series would no doubt be successful just off of the character's name, I don't think that particular version is as beloved by Spider-Man fans the way the 90s X-Men series is among X-Men fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"