The Brave Little Toaster Is Getting A Remake

Lencho01

Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
Reaction score
It was like the Toy Story before Toy Story.

http://collider.com/brave-little-toaster-remake-born-free/195192/

Waterman Entertainment to Remake THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER as CGI/Live-Action Hybrid and BORN FREE from Elsa the Lioness’ Perspective

by Brendan Bettinger Posted: September 12th, 2012 at 9:14 pm

the-brave-little-toaster-slice.jpg

If you’re around my age, prepare to feel ambivalent about a remake of a property from your childhood! Waterman Entertainment has acquired the rights to The Brave Little Toasterwith plans to turn it into a (gulp) CGI/live-action hybrid feature. The original 1987 cartoon follows a toaster, a lamp, an electric blanket, a radio, and a vacuum cleaner on a quest to find their original owner. It was the most beautiful and terrifying piece of work that 5-year-old Brendan watched a hundred times. I don’t mind that producer Steve Waterman is dusting off the story for a new take, but his most recent credits are comprised of the Alvin and the Chipmunkstrilogy, so my expectations are low.

Hit the jump for the Brave Little Toaster trailer and details on another adaptation, Born Free.

It has been a long time since I have seen The Brave Little Toaster, but watching that trailer stirred up the feelings deep within me. I don’t know that I have seen any kids’ movie since that achieves quite the same tone, but Paranorman is a pretty good comparison.

The Wrap reports that Waterman Entertainment has also optioned the 1960 a Born Free to tell the story from the perspective of Elsa the Lioness.

[YT]bpGLpD25dpU[/YT]

the-brave-little-toaster-poster-422x600.jpg

What does Lassetter have to say about this? This was one of his first projects.

Hee hee, no seriously guys think about it.

Disney fellow to Lasseter "Why do you want to make a remake of the brave little toaster?"

Lasseter: "Because...I believe there's dough in it"
:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

The fact that one of the people involved in the Chipmunks trilogy is involved in this movie isn't a positive sign.

The Brave Little Toaster is a cute concept...but it wasn't that good, and its sequels were even worse. A live action version might at least be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"