Justice League The Bruce Wayne/Batman Thread

Boom

I got nothin'
Reaction score
This is probably the character that I am most intrigued by going into a potential Justice League film. Amongst all of the questions regarding Reynolds and Cavill's possible involvement with the project (or lack thereof), the BIG question for me is where do we go with Batman in a post-Nolan/Bale world? Where does the character go after coming off a hugely successful solo franchise that will have no connection to a JL film? If this film happens sooner rather than later, will people readily accept and embrace a new interpretation of the character - especially if this new interpretation is introduced in an ensemble film as opposed to a solo effort?

This thread is for all things Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Last edited:
I really would like to see more of the "true" Bruce. If he's around other heroes, he wouldn't have to put up an act.

While Bale's Bruce isn't dumb or anything, he doesn't get to show off the character's intelligence much in regular conversation.

I just hope he looks more like this;
bvZfK.jpg

Considering that Batman is the most human of the heroes, it is absolutely crucial that they play up the character's hyper-intelligence in a Justice League film. The others may have their superpowers and otherworldly strength, but Batman has his brain.

Considering that Batman is the most human of the heroes, it is absolutely crucial that they play up the character's hyper-intelligence.

Preferably not at the cost of other characters though. I notice that they often dumb down the other Leaguers to make Batman look more intelligent.

Usually Superman, who they seem to forget is supposed to have literal superhuman intelligence.

Considering that Batman is the most human of the heroes, it is absolutely crucial that they play up the character's hyper-intelligence in a Justice League film. The others may have their superpowers and otherworldly strength, but Batman has his brain.

I agree, he needs to be the "Sherlock Holmes" of the group. He should be the one who puts the pieces of the puzzle together.

Superman has intelligence, but none of the scheming nature. A good example is Tony Stark in The Avengers, who isn't much smarter than Banner, but his personality makes it more obvious.

I'd be alright with that. As long as they don't turn Batman into an omni disciplinary scientist who can speak every language and outthink everyone.

JAK®;23454627 said:
I just hope he looks more like this;
bvZfK.jpg

Damn that's good looking. Who made that?

I'd actually like to see them deviate from the rubber cowl.

Hyper-intelligence isn't the word I would use. Cleverness is. He should be the guy who wins when no one expects him to because he's the only one ballsy and lateral-thinking enough to try the stuff that wins the day. Almost like acknowledging that, yeah, dressing up like a bat and fighting crime is pretty crazy. And the fact that he's pretty much the only guy weird enough to do it and smart enough to make it work is what makes him dangerous.

Last edited:
For a post Nolan version of Batman, I hope its more towards the Arkham games version.

Dont make another origin story, just jump right into it and maybe here and there throw in a few minor tibbits of info into that Batman's past should anything be different from what we already know.

On who should play him?.......to me its either Sam Worthington or Matt Bomer, now hear me out, I know there's alot of ppl reading this going "**** off" but for Sam Worthington, right build and has that deep voice.

Acting wise he's not the greatest, but really how hard is it to play Batman? All you have to do is mope around alot and be scary by not really acting but by beating people up which Worthington can do.

For Matt Bomer, decent actor (nothing special but decent), if anyone has seen White Collar you know his character is pretty good with gadgets and he's a problem solver (Mr. Detective :D ). Another thing thats going for him is that we was actually cast as Superman for the original 2002 Superman film (which also had Amy Adams cast as Lois lol) but that failed. How does that help him you ask? Many many times in the comics Bruce & Clark would step in for each other in one way or another because they looked similar, Bomer does look a bit like Cavill, not "OMG YOUR ****ING TWINS" but close enough and it would be pretty funny to see the two in a situation where one is needed to step in for the other in live action :D .

....ok didnt know that about Bomer lol, but really thats not a issue, he's gay.....cool, Bruce Wayne is not, as long as he does a good job who cares what he does when the cameras stop filming.

But I'll agree with you he's not much of a action star which in a comic movie is kinda needed.

I'd go with Chase Crawford, Wes Bentley

Hyper-intelligence isn't the word I would use. Cleverness is. He should be the guy who wins when no one expects him to because he's the only one ballsy and lateral-thinking enough to try the stuff that wins the day. Almost like acknowledging that, yeah, dressing up like a bat and fighting crime is pretty crazy. And the fact that he's pretty much the only guy weird enough to do it and smart enough to make it work is what makes him dangerous.

I gotta say, Batman's role in a JL film is what intrigues me the most. I mean would he even acknowledge doubts of him being in the group? He's the loner and him suddenly needing to be thrust into this group to save the entire world isn't exactly something he's used to. Which is something that could be very interesting if done right. He wouldn't be the first guy to join or form the JL. He'd probably be one of the last to join up and would need to get used to the idea of playing with all of these other superheroes.

I'm still sticking to Armie Hammer. I would not mind Matt Bomer as well.

I need convincing. Obviously, I'm very protective of who they cast as Bruce/Batman. Because it's so crucial to so many aspects of character. Not only does he have to make a great Bruce, but a great Batman just the same and become Batman.Which is what Keaton and Bale have successfully done.

I don't see Luke Evans either. I'd say Fass but he's already Magneto. That's two major roles in two major franchises which wouldn't be possible for him. So right now, I'm going with Gosling. But I'm open to a good suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"