The cancelled Bruce Wayne series

rnewbz

More human than human
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted and I didn't know where else to put it, but it gives quite a background of what the show was to be like

http://www.batmanytb.com/tv/brucewayne/index.php

I must guiltily admit that part of me wishes they had done this instead of batman begins even though I did love Begins.

I don't know. I've said it before, but unless the show followed Bruce on his travels around the world, I wouldn't care for it (and I'm a hardcore Batfan! Moreso than Superman.)

The biggest problem is that a story about Bruce set in Gotham before he takes on the mantle of the Bat doesn't impress me. Following him training around the world is another thing though.

I'm very glad it never happened.

i for one pause to wonder.....why has this been posted here instead of misc. tv series?

because it would be lost in the misc. section and since it was a show similar to smallville and would have guest stared clark kent, why not? Mercy reef stuff was posted here for a while so...

mercy reef would have been a spin off considering aquaman appeared on Smallville, so that it was tangentally related to SV.

BW has not, and will never appear on SV.

Moreover, if your thread would have gotten lost, that means people didn't care about the topic.....pause for dramatic effect.

Mercy Reef actually looked really good too, I'm almost sorry it's not gonna happen.

BW though, I think I'm rather happy that we got Smallville instead.:) :up:

Cool website i would have loved that show!

Wow that sounds cool, i think it would of been great.

I think there is really nothing to show or tell about Bruce Wayne before he becomes Batman. I am glad it never happened, even though Bats is my favorite comic superhero.

hmmm.gif
^ Yes because he just became Batman over night right?

Out of nowhere he's an excellent fighter has an incredible fortune built up and all these wonderful gadgets and stuff.

If anything no offense to Supes but there is more to pre-Batman than there is too pre-Supes, so far everything ive seen in smallville feels forced into the Supe's Mytho, all this stuff they pull out of ther A$$ about Lex and other villains he ALREADY knew. I alwasy thought it was off bigtime. Smallville just seems like Dawson's Creek with Superpowers. Never liked the idea of it.
W/E we are all entitled to our opinions.

edit- he's your favorite you say Warhammer, but then you go and say that? i question your loyalties :p :D

gambitfire said:
hmmm.gif
^ Yes because he just became Batman over night right?

Out of nowhere he's an excellent fighter has an incredible fortune built up and all these wonderful gadgets and stuff.

If anything no offense to Supes but there is more to pre-Batman than there is too pre-Supes, so far everything ive seen in smallville feels forced into the Supe's Mytho, all this stuff they pull out of ther A$$ about Lex and other villains he ALREADY knew. I alwasy thought it was off bigtime. Smallville just seems like Dawson's Creek with Superpowers. Never liked the idea of it.
W/E we are all entitled to our opinions.

edit- he's your favorite you say Warhammer, but then you go and say that? i question your loyalties :p :D

I am just not interested in a Bruce Wayne show. Especially because Batman Begins already set off this generations Batman/Bruce Wayne. Besides, him traveling the world wont do it for me. Who will be the villains? What can we really expect every week? What will be on the show that will give me the drive to want to watch next week? (Actually, I'd watch it, just because it's Bats, but you know what I meant. :)) With Smallville, some of the villains came early, and it worked out, but Batman villains can't be there for Bruce to face, until he becomes Batman.

And he is my favorite, I'm just not interested. :mad:

......and I'm loyal. :)

Warhammer said:
I am just not interested in a Bruce Wayne show. Especially because Batman Begins already set off this generations Batman/Bruce Wayne. Besides, him traveling the world wont do it for me. Who will be the villains? What can we really expect every week? What will be on the show that will give me the drive to want to watch next week? (Actually, I'd watch it, just because it's Bats, but you know what I meant. :)) With Smallville, some of the villains came early, and it worked out, but Batman villains can't be there for Bruce to face, until he becomes Batman.

But you won't know that, i mean i didn't think they could pull of smallville and go figure they did (although i still dislike it :p )

Besides this show was too air before the movie, and it's not like SR had anything to do with smallville.

as for the object in bold, well why not? i see nothing wrong in that. All of them there before they transform. Not like this Clark and Lex good friends crap. (i know that in one precrisis world they where but not like this).

i dunno maybe your jumping too the conclusion that you where going to hate it, but it never came out so you don't know if it would of been good or bad, where do your loyalties lye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :p

Warhammer said:

That's the idiotic part. It's like doing a show about Peter Parker before the spider bit him.

I pieced together parts of the released information to come up with my own version of the teleplay- don't know how close it is, but I think it generally has the same flow of what could have been.

Bruce Wayne: Fan teleplay (WB property)

Just thought some of you guys might like this.

zanos said:
That's the idiotic part. It's like doing a show about Peter Parker before the spider bit him.

Exactly.

*sigh*

not much about keeping an open mind around here is there?
Ok no offense but how can you be a Batman fan and say that. I don't believe your a fan, to say he had nothing interesting too him before the Bat mantle.

Spider-man was nothing before the spider bite him, Batman wasn't Bitten by bats, he had to work his a$$ off to get to where he was.

I wish the show had happened so it can show you!! :p :D
but i mean it worked for Supe's who's to say it wouldn't have worked for Bat's.

We will never know will we?

I swear no one is happy with anything now-n-dayz :p

i would be happy if this thread was closed or moved to the batman forum.

gambitfireby [B said:
he had to work his a$$ off to get to where he was.[/B]

Good point. This show would have been awsome, there is definatley a story to tell there. Open your minds to the possibilities people. There's more to Batman than just some kid's parents getting shot up in an alley and he decises to fight crime.

While writing the 'teleplay' I definitely saw potential on where I would take the characters. It is also interesting to look at where the shows' creators would have taken it as well.

This series could have been a smash hit.

It does not sound bad. That being said, Bat fans would go crazy. When does he go to Japan and....so on and so forth. I did think the bit about Clark was funny.

i got up to the part about Barbara Gordon working in a shelter and I stopped reading. The show sounds stupid stupid stupid. So glad it never got anywhere.

Show sounds like it would have been great. I love it, I hope that it will get made one day. Thanks for the link Triligors.

It would be really cool if we could come up with casting sugesstions for the characters, anyone game?

RakuMon said:
I don't know. I've said it before, but unless the show followed Bruce on his travels around the world, I wouldn't care for it (and I'm a hardcore Batfan! Moreso than Superman.)

The biggest problem is that a story about Bruce set in Gotham before he takes on the mantle of the Bat doesn't impress me. Following him training around the world is another thing though.
In complete and utter agreement with you. Though part of me wonders how at least the pilot would've turned out.

I think it could have been interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"