Bruce Wayne Pilot (WB property)

Triligors

Sidekick
Reaction score
As you probably all know, there has been information regarding a cancelled Bruce Wayne project from a couple of years ago. I thought I would just put the Pilot together according to the layout of what would have been. While it's not exactly the Pilot Script, it's another good sign of where things may have gone....

KryptonSite Bruce Wayne

Since this show coming back at some time in the future is VERY possible. The event that put the film on hold was Batman Begins- BUT, since BB might and probably will be a trilogy. After that there will be time to launch a Batman series and I think this might be the one to be launched. It's possible, here's hoping....

FADE IN:

We open to a pitch black screen.

MAN (V.O.)
How did it all come… to this?

The music starts building up into the hero theme as we PAN ACROSS to see a small side cavern at night, full of mementos from the past. This is the Batcave.

INT. BATCAVE

And the voice belongs to ALFRED PENNYWORTH, sitting alone in the cave.

ALFRED
I knew him since he was a boy.
(beat)
I saw him grow into the man he is today.

He holds a photo, a family picture. Faces full of promise.

ALFRED
What happened?

Alfred closes his eyes and breathes out. We zoom in towards the picture as we…

FADE TO:
EXT. LONDON- POLICE STATION- NIGHT

ESTABLISHING SHOT from above, looking down towards the streets below.

INT. POLICE STATION

Alfred is guided through a police station by a Police SUPERINTENDANT. His eyes catch a newspaper headline as they walk past- GOTHAM BILLIONAIRE BEHIND BARS. Alfred breathes out and shakes his head no. Not again.

SUPERINTENDANT
How often does this sort of thing happen?

Alfred rolls his eyes, ashamed but caring.

ALFRED
Master Bruce has ‘issues’

The Superintendent snickers. Alfred notices.

INT. POLICE STATION- PRISON

BRUCE WAYNE, 17 years old and weeks away from his 18th birthday, leans his back against the dusty brick walls of the prison. We see that he’s been in a fight recently. A police GUARD reluctantly approaches his cell. Bruce looks up. The prisoners are more than angry- rich people, always get out the easy way.

GUARD
You’re free to go.

Bruce cracks a grin and stands up.

BRUCE
You hear that? My ride’s here.

Bruce casually walks out of the jail cell.

BRUCE
See you guys later.

The guard guides Bruce to the exit.

FADE TO:
INT. POLICE STATION- MAIN FOYER

Bruce and Alfred walk through the foyer. Eyes follow them. Bruce ignores it. Alfred is wary.

ALFRED
The trustees called.

Bruce shrugs. Alfred notices, but continues.

ALFRED
You’re presence in Gotham is required as soon as possible.

Bruce nods, reluctant.

BRUCE
I’d rather stay here.

Alfred frowns as he hands Bruce his coat.

ALFRED
We have no choice.

Now it is Bruce’s turn to frown. He grabs the coat and puts it on. Bruce looks towards Alfred and nods.

The rest (including that) is at that link.

Looks like that show might've been good. But a Pretender style Bruce Wayne traveling the world would be better than him in Gotham.

I'm finished with ACT I and will be posting it within a matter of minutes. Just need to read it over to make sure everything is right so far.

EXT. GOTHAM CITY- DOWNTOWN- NIGHT- FLASHBACK

CLOSE UP on the barrel of a gun pointed at the screen. SWERVE BACK to see the gun is aimed at THOMAS WAYNE, mid 40s, gentleman. MARTHA WAYNE and their son YOUNG BRUCE stand to his side, trembling. The MAN c.ocked the gun.

MAN
Money. Now.

Thomas nods as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out his wallet and calmly hands it over. The Man takes the wallet and notices a pearl necklace around Martha’s neck. The man turns the gun towards her.

MAN
Come on lady… hand it over.

Martha holds the necklace, frightened. Thomas jumps in the way of the gun.

THOMAS
Now hold on a…

BAM! We hear the sound of a deafening BANG! As the man fires the gun…

POV. BRUCE
Young Bruce looks at the gun and then towards his father. Everything seemed to be moving so fast. Martha screams. BANG!

CLOSE UP on Bruce. Terrified. Tears run down his face. He kneels down beside his father. Thomas blinks his eyes and looks over towards his son.

THOMAS
Be strong Br…

Thomas closes his eyes. Bruce is overwhelmed with tears. He looks up to see the man running off into the alleyway, covered by a thick fog. ZOOM BACK. Neon signs, they were at a movie theater. His parents were there because of him. “The mark of Zorro.” His fault.

INT. WAYNE PRIVATE JET- AFTERNOON

CLOSE UP on Bruce’s eyes. Closed. As we pan back his eyes SNAP open. Sweat pours down his face. My fault. Alfred watches him, concerned. Another nightmare. Bruce looks away and breathes out, he was finally safe. Safe from the past. Alfred turns his attention back towards a book. Bruce glances over towards him and spots the title- Troubled Teens. Bruce rolls his eyes as Alfred tsk-tsks as he highlights passages. Bruce turns on the TV. Every channel had the same news. Bruce was coming back…

DR. PHIL
Now if you ask me, Mr. Wayne needs to definitely sharpen up his act and pull himself together before…

Bruce changes the channel.

CNN REPORTER
Bruce Wayne is on his way to Gotham as we speak.

Bruce flips through the channels, unable to avoid a news story about either his return or his bail from the London authorities. Ranging from Wall Street to MTV, Bruce was everywhere. He turns the channel to the hit gossip show Gotcha! hosted by none other than the young and very beautiful, VICKY VALE. Bruce smiles, he was far more interested in her than on what she had to say.

VICKY VALE
And in recent news, Bruce Wayne, voted the number one hottie by Cosmo magazine, will be returning to Gotham for the first time in 12 years!!!…

Bruce grins. Alfred clears his throat and puts the book down.

ALFRED
Master Bruce, I should warn you that the U.S. media is a lot more offensive than their counterparts in Europe.

Bruce shrugs. Alfred looks out the window. Gotham City. Bruce looks, disgusted. The city was ravaged, torn apart, decaying.

BRUCE
Who in their right mind would want to live there?

ALFRED
Five generations of Waynes, sir. Not counting you, of course.

Bruce shakes his head, still angry. This was definitely the last place he wanted to go. Bruce looks at Alfred.

BRUCE
I just want to sign the papers, giving the Waynecorp trustees the right to continue running my father’s company and leave.
(looks out the window)
I was meant to do something with my life… not run some stupid company.

EXT. AIRPORT LANDING STRIP

The private jet descends and begins to skid along the runway as it comes to a stop.

INT. WAYNE PRIVATE JET

Bruce looks towards Alfred. Begging not to get off.

Almost as fast as the plane landed, swarms of reporters surrounded the jet. A limo pulls up beside the plane.

INT. WAYNE PRIVATE JET

Alfred glances out the window seeing the limo arrive.

ALFRED
It is time to leave, Master Bruce.

Bruce nods and reluctantly follows Alfred off of the private jet.

Where they are greeted by badgering reporters. Cameras FLASH.

REPORTERS (ADD-LIB)
So, what does it feel like in prison Bruce?… Why are you back in Gotham?… Bruce, quick question, Bruce- Bruce!

Alfred shields Bruce as they jump into the limo. The limo drives off. ANGLE DOWN as the limo drives off…

FADE TO:
EXT. WAYNE MANOR- NIGHT

ANGLE DOWN as the limo drives through a thicket of trees and approaches the rich and magnificent Wayne Manor. The gates to the manor open and they drive through.

INT. LIMO

Bruce stares out the window. The past rushing into his memory… the well… the bats… the gun shot… Bruce closes his eyes. Alfred notices. Bruce breathes out. The limo stops. Bruce gets out and enters the Manor, Alfred following close behind.

INT. WAYNE MANOR- MAIN HALL

Bruce looks around. He struggles to hide the past. But, he can’t. He continues to hear his mother and father’s voice beckoning to him beyond the graves. Alfred enters and closes the door behind him.

ALFRED
I’m very sorry about the mess. There was just not enough time to find anyone to clean…

Bruce ignores him as he approaches a family portrait further down the hall. He stops in front of it. Tears well up inside his eyes and he looks down.

THOMAS (O.S.)
Be strong Br…

A tear runs down Bruce’s eyes. Why did Alfred make him come back to this place? Alfred approaches him. Bruce is startled, he faces Alfred, quickly hiding his emotions.

BRUCE
Make some… can you please just make some noise the next time you approach?

ALFRED
Habits of a lifetime, not easily broken.

Bruce nods as Alfred walks away. Bruce stands alone.

FADE TO:
INT. WAYNE MANOR- KITCHEN

Alfred is in the kitchen in fancy whites, preparing a soufflé. Bruce leans in.

BRUCE
I’m heading out.
(beat)
Alone.

Alfred looks alarmed.

INT. WAYNE MANOR- MAIN HALLS

Bruce grabs his black bomber jacket from the closet and puts it on. He hurries out into the night.

EXT. WAYNE MANOR

Bruce looks around. Rain pours down from the sky above, soaking through his hair. The Rolls Royce is already pulled up and waiting. Alfred stands beside the open passenger door, in a chauffeur's uniform. Bruce breathes out, that beat his going alone plan.

BRUCE
That was quick.

ALFRED
That’s because I was a tenor in a Footlights Club in Cambridge. I played many parts, you know.

Bruce looks at Alfred, curious

BRUCE
I thought you were a medic, in the British Commandos.

Alfred’s lips part into a sly grin.

ALFRED
Indeed I was.

Bruce enters the Rolls Royce. Alfred shuts the door and enters the driver’s side.

INT. ROLLS ROYCE

ALFRED
Where to tonight, Master Bruce?

Bruce glances towards Alfred with a look of loss in his eyes.

BRUCE
Criminal Alley.

Alfred nods.

FADE TO:
EXT. GOTHAM CITY- CRIMINAL ALLEY- NIGHT

Criminal Alley is the worst part of Gotham. Everything was falling apart. The homeless were everywhere. Crime ran rampant. On the sides of streets prostitutes, male, female, and everything in between wandered the streets picking up buyers. Bruce glances out the window at an old abandoned movie theater.

INT. ROLLS ROYCE

Bruce looks at Alfred

BRUCE
Stop.

Alfred stops the Rolls Royce. Bruce gets out.

EXT. GOTHAM CITY- CRIMINAL ALLEY- NIGHT

And slowly approaches the abandoned movie theater. Bruce walks, almost in a trance, towards the place where it all happened. Rain pours down from the dark gray sky above. Alfred gets out of the Rolls Royce holding up an umbrella and begins to follow Bruce. Bruce drops to his knees. We see several flashbacks from the night his parents died. Tears run down his eyes. Alfred stands beside him. Bruce looks up towards Alfred.

BRUCE
This is where it happened. This is where my parents died. It’s all my fault, Alfred. I was the one who wanted to go see “The Mark of Zorro.” I… I wouldn’t take no for an answer. I had to see Zorro.
(beat)
A silly movie about a ‘hero’ who wears a costume and fights crime.

Alfred looks down towards Bruce, pitying him. Bruce notices a gang of thugs approaching them.

ALFRED
We should go.

Bruce shakes his head no. Determined. He stands up.

BRUCE
No. I can handle this.

The leader of the pack, LEADER, approaches him.

LEADER
Who do you think you are? Think ya own this street or what?

Bruce stares the leader in the eyes. Everything is quiet and then they launch into a very violent fight, both gaining the upper hand.

ALFRED
Actually, Master Bruce, taking into account all the subsidiary of WayneCorp signs on the buildings in development. You do own the street.

Bruce whacks the leader with his left elbow back and knocks him to the ground. GANGSTA approaches Bruce, awkwardly holding out his gun.

GANGSTA
Wallet now!

Bruce frowns, pure hatred shows through his eyes. In a quick flashback we see the Man cocking the gun. Using martial arts moves, Bruce knocks the gun out of the gangsta’s hands with ease. Bruce picks it up and aims it at the gansta. Holding the gun firmly.

BRUCE
Now this is how you hold a gun! Not like…
(mocks the gangsta’s gun stance)
this. Like this!

Bruce holds the gun firmly. The gangsta trembles… afraid. Alfred also didn’t know how to react. We can see that Bruce likes this. Tormenting criminals. Putting the fear into them.

GANGSTA
Give me back my gun.

Bruce shrugs

BRUCE
Sure.

Bruce quickly dismantles the gun into several parts and hands it back.

BRUCE
Here you go. Good as new.

The gangsta attempts to run off. Bruce tackles him to the ground. Alfred looks down towards Bruce, dignified.

ALFRED
May I point out that engaging ignorant hoodlums in violence is no substitute…

Bruce starts to take on the other thugs. Quick, fast, he definitely had training… using all types of fighting styles to his advantage.

ALFRED (CONT’D)
For qualified, professional therapy.

Bruce shrugs as he quickly knocks two thugs out in one swift blur of movement.

BRUCE
Therapy takes years.

ALFRED
I appreciate your need to never feel weak and helpless again, but you’re rich! Hire a bodyguard!

Bruce looks over the thugs, sprawled against the ground unconscious. Another thug rushes towards him.

BRUCE
I like fighting.

Bruce quickly, without trouble, knocks the thug out cold.

BRUCE
I’m good at it.

ALFRED
Then perhaps you should open up a karate school.

The leader begins to stand back up. Bruce knocks him back against the pavement. That’s all of them. Bruce readjusts his clothes.

ALFRED
Where to now?

BRUCE
The police station.

FADE TO:
EXT. GOTHAM STREETS

We track the Rolls Royce approaching the police station. Alfred and Bruce are in the front.

INT. ROLLS ROYCE

Bruce looks out the window.

ALFRED
Might I suggest, Master Bruce, that next time you decide to take on the role of citizen vigilante you cover up your martial arts abilities. Otherwise, we might not be so lucky. There could be more of them, or they could shoot first. Not to mention the potential lawsuits.

Bruce shrugs. All that mattered was that people, like his family, would be safe tonight and that the bad guys would be behind bars.

INT. GOTHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT- MAIN DESK

Bruce and Alfred watch as the last thug is taken through a door and out of sight. The DESK SEARGENT clears his throat. Bruce looks back towards him.

DESK SERGENT
Can I have the gun?

Bruce nods and places the parts of the gun on the desk. The desk sergeant looks annoyed, but impressed.

BRUCE
Isn’t there someone we can file a report to?

DESK SERGENT
Yeah. Talk to one of the detectives.

Bruce looks around. There’s no one here besides the three of them and a 13 year old girl with spunky young red-hair sitting off to the side.

BRUCE
Yeah, but no one’s here. Now what are we supposed to do?

The desk sergeant shrugs. Not his problem. The spunky red head continues to read Cosmo, this is BARBARA GORDON.

BARBARA
My dad’s still working.

The desk sergeant frowns, annoyed.

BARBARA
My dad’s a detective. He’s gonna be commissioner someday.

Barbara looks up from her magazine. Her eyes bulge. She is REALLY excited.

BARBARA
Oh my god, you’re him!

The desk sergeant looks confused. Bruce nods and grins.

BARBARA
You’re Bruce Wayne!

Bruce nods. The desk sergeant immediately sits back up straight.

DESK SERGEANT
Mr. Wayne, I’m sorry I didn’t know. If you want I can call Lieutenant Flass to come and take your statement personally.

Bruce shakes his head no

BRUCE
No, that’s quite alright. I’m sure you’ve done enough for today.

Barbara smiles, Bruce looks towards her.

BRUCE
If you could just show me the way, miss.

Barbara stands and nods, smitten with Bruce.

INT. GOTHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT- STAIRWAY

The three (Bruce, Alfred, and Barbara) ascend the staircase, Barbara talking all the way.

BARBARA
My mother died last year, so now it’s just the two of us. He’s having a very hard time. Some nights he won’t even eat dinner unless I bring it up to him.

The Desk Sergeant leans forward, talking secretly on the phone. Quietly.

DESK SERGEANT
Bruce Wayne is here talking to “you-know-who.”

Silence. The desk sergeant nods.

INT. GOTHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT- SECOND FLOOR

Barbara motions towards her father, JIM GORDON, sitting behind a desk staring down towards a pad of notes.

BARBARA
That’s him.

EXT. GOTHAM CITY- MOVIE THEATER- FLASHBACK

Young Bruce kneels beside his father’s body. Crying. A man approaches him and bends down to his level. We see the name tag. J.W. Gordon.

GORDON (O.S.)
Everything will be ok.

Bruce reluctantly nods. How can anything ever be ok? Especially now.

INT. GOTHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT- SECOND FLOOR

Bruce recognized the man behind the desk immediately.

BARBARA
Dad.

Gordon looks up, he didn’t remember Bruce. It’s been a long time.

BARBARA
Bruce Wayne is here to see you.

Gordon stands up. Acknowledging.

GORDON
Bruce.

Gordon immediately stands up and moves towards a chalkboard that had a diagram with a lot of lines and arrows leading to WayneCorp. Bruce notices. Gordon smiles, acting as though nothing is going on.

GORDON
What can I do for you?

BRUCE
You were there. When my parents were murdered.

Gordon nods

BRUCE
So. Who killed them?

TO BE CONTINUED TOMORROW...

LATER. The chalkboard has been turned the other way. Gordon searches through files and finally finds the one he was looking for.

GORDON
Here we go. This is everything I had on your family and that night.

Gordon hands Bruce the file. Alfred watches from afar. Barbara sits on the window sill looking out towards the city lights below. Bruce browses through the file. By Bruce’s expression, we can see that he felt a deep loss and regret.

GORDON
We looked for a long time Bruce. But, we never were able to find the man that killed your parents.

Bruce looks up and nods.

GORDON
Are you going to be testifying against those thugs you brought in?

Bruce shakes his head no

BRUCE
I’m leaving town.

GORDON
But, you just got here.

Bruce nods and shrugs.

BRUCE
Only for family business

GORDON
You know, there’s been rumors spreading that WayneCorp isn’t what it used to be. That it’s moving in the opposite direction than your father originally planned when he first started the company.

BRUCE
It’s just rumors.

GORDON
You’ve been gone for how long?

BRUCE
12 years.

Gordon shrugs

GORDON
Well, an awful lot can change in 12 years.

BRUCE
I’m going to sign over the papers to let the trustees run things. I don’t want anything to do with this city.

Gordon looks skeptical. Bruce knew there was something he wasn’t saying. That much was obvious.

GORDON
Are you sure you can still trust them?

Bruce nods

BRUCE
I see no reason not to.
(beat)
Listen, I really have to get going.

Barbara jumps up.

BARBARA
No… you can’t leave. Why… why don’t you have dinner with us?

Bruce grins

BRUCE
I’d like to. But, I have important business that needs to get done.

Bruce walks towards the exit. Gordon calls after him.

GORDON
You wouldn’t happen to be meeting Charles Palantine by any chance, would you?

Bruce nods. Gordon breathes out and nods.

GORDON
Hope I see you around sometime Bruce. This city isn’t half as bad as you think.

Bruce and Alfred leave.

FADE TO:
INT. WAYNECORP- PALANTINE’S OFFICE- MORNING

CHARLES PALANTINE stares out the double glass windows unto the city itself. He wears a gray suit coat and business-like dark blue tie, hair combed back and small thick round glasses. Bruce enters the room. Palantine grins and turns around to meet him.

PALANTINE
Agh, Bruce pleasure you could make it.

Palantine extends his hand, Bruce takes it.

PALANTINE
My look at you, how you’ve grown… I remember you when you were wee high. You look just like your father.

Bruce nods.

BRUCE
By any chance would you happen to know why the police is investigating WayneCorp?

Palantine laughs, calm as ever.

PALANTINE
What ever gave you that idea? The police commissioner is a close personal friend of mine. Bruce, please take a seat.

Bruce sits down opposite Palantine.

PALANTINE
Now let’s get down to brass tacks here. We all know that big business is the last thing that you want to do. Am I right?

Bruce lets out a quick smirk. Palantine nods.

PALANTINE
Now, I believe the best way to go about this is to sign the company over to the trustees. It’s the right thing to do Bruce. It is what your father would have wanted.

Bruce nods. Palantine was very convincing. Palantine grabs the contract and hands it to Bruce. Bruce looks it over.

PALANTINE
Just sign right on that line there…

Bruce takes out a pen and is about to sign the contract when… Alfred clears his throat. Bruce stops and puts the pen away.

BRUCE
Actually, if you wouldn’t mind I’d like to take this home with me. Look everything through before I make my decision.

Palantine frowns, but keeps his feelings of anger hidden.

PALANTINE
Of course, this is your family’s company after all Bruce.

Bruce looks through the crack in the doorway to see LUCIUS FOX, an old friend.

PALANTINE (CONT’D)
WayneCorp has lawyers that can help you with whatever you need.

BRUCE
Would you excuse me… for just a moment?

Before Palantine has a chance to answer, Bruce is on the move.

INT. WAYNECORP- FIFTH FLOOR HALLS

Bruce sneaks up behind Lucius and wraps his arm around his neck. Just like when they were boys. Lucius jumps, but it’s only one person it could have been.

LUCIUS
Bruce?!

Bruce lets go and Lucius turns around. They both embrace and exchange the secret handshake they came up with when they were kids.

LUCIUS
It’s been a long time.

BRUCE
I know. Last place I thought I’d see you.

Lucius nods

LUCIUS
Yeah.

Bruce notices the name tag.

BRUCE
You’re an intern?

Lucius nods.

BRUCE
And your father; how’s he?

Lucius backs out of the question

LUCIUS
I’d rather not talk about it.

Bruce nods.

LUCIUS
Well, it was good seeing you again Bruce.

BRUCE
Yeah.

LUCIUS
Maybe we can grab some… beers… one night? Huh?

Bruce shakes his head no

BRUCE
I’m not going to be in Gotham for long. Just here to sign over the contracts.

Lucius nods

LUCIUS
Well, I have to get going. Call me next time you’re in Gotham.

Bruce nods. If there will be a next time. Lucius walks away. Alfred sneaks up behind him.

ALFRED
Catching up on old times? Are we? Master Bruce.

Bruce nods. Palantine steps out of his office and approaches Bruce.

PALANTINE
Remember I need those contracts signed by tomorrow morning.

Bruce nods. Alfred escorts Bruce towards the closest elevator.

INT. WAYNECORP- ELEVATOR

Bruce looks towards Alfred, staring ahead at the metallic elevator doors.

ALFRED
Master Bruce, I’m worried about what might happen if you were to sign those papers.
(beat)
And I’m worried about what might happen to you if you don’t. Do you know who inherits your estate if you are killed before you turn 18? Your guardians, the board… Palantine.

Bruce nods.

BRUCE
We need to find a trustworthy lawyer. Someone who can help read the papers.

ALFRED
It’s a good thing Harvey just finished first year law. And that earlier he had invited us to a party over at his place.

BRUCE
Why wasn’t I made aware of this?

ALFRED
Because, you were too busy fighting off the devils of your past.

Bruce nods.

FADE TO:
INT. HARVEY'S APARTMENT- MAIN

Bruce and Alfred arrive. HARVEY DENT answers the door dressed in a costume. Harvey is a few years older than Bruce, a party guy whose been thrown out of the best prep schools with Bruce.

HARVEY
Bruce glad you could make. I know how you hate costumes. I knew you wouldn’t come if you knew.

Bruce nods and shows Harvey the contracts

BRUCE
Actually, I need your help with something.

Harvey looks at the contracts.

HARVEY
Business later, right now- it’s party time.

An attractive young woman approaches them. Harvey wraps his arm around her and walks off. Bruce looks around.

BRUCE
We’re the only ones not in costume.

Alfred puts on his chauffer hat.

ALFRED
Speak for yourself sir.

Bruce begins to awkwardly walk around. A door opens behind him and out of the darkness emerges two arms with long claws reaching out of the shadows. A stunning woman in a tiger costume walks out. It's an exotic 20-year-old by the name of SELENA KYLE. Bruce and Selena share a mischievous grin.

SELENA
(flirtatious)
Sorry about coming out of the dark, but my claws wouldn’t let me turn on the lights. But, luckily I can see in the dark.

BRUCE
I’m Bruce Wayne… and you are?

SELENA
Selena, Selena Kyle… but my friends call me Kat.

Bruce nods, more enthused every second.

BRUCE
Nice to meet you… Kat.

Selena notices Harvey in the back waving Bruce to come over.

SELENA
I think Harvey is trying to get your attention.

BRUCE
Hm?
(notices)
Oh. It’s probably Harvey trying to introduce me to his sister again.

Harvey approaches them.

SELENA
If I see Susan, I’ll rescue you.

Bruce grins.

BRUCE
It’s a date.

Harvey arrives.

HARVEY
Come on, Bruce. There’s just someone I’m dieing for you to meet.

Bruce breathes out, yep he was right. Harvey leads Bruce to the balcony overlooking the city night.

EXT. HARVEY'S APARTMENT- BALCONY

Harvey and Bruce look out over the city.

HARVEY
I’ll look over those papers. Are you going to be in Gotham for long?

Bruce shakes his head no.

BRUCE
Just here for business.

HARVEY
Oh… I see. By the way, happy 18th.

BRUCE
Thanks, but that’s not for another two days.

HARVEY
Two days, today… what’s the big difference these days huh?
(pats Bruce on the back)
Stay here. I’m going to go find Susan.

Harvey leaves. Bruce nods, looking out over the city. Bruce glances behind… Harvey was gone. Bruce turns towards the door… now was the time to escape… locked. Bruce breathes out, that didn’t work out as planned. He turns to look back out over the city.

WOMAN (O.S.)
From up here, it looks… peaceful.

Bruce turns around and to come face to face with an ANGEL… literally. Bruce is speechless.

ANGEL
Enjoying the view?

BRUCE
Yeah.

ANGEL
So how long have you been in Gotham?

BRUCE
Not long, actually.

ANGEL
Just moved here?

Bruce shakes his head no.

BRUCE
Just passing through.

Angel nods and walks over to the balcony.

ANGEL
It’s not as bad as you think. Sure, Gotham is old and there is crime on the streets. But, that’s everywhere. And every city, no matter how desperate- still has a chance to become something…

BRUCE
Peaceful?

Angel laughs and shakes her head yes.

BRUCE
So, how long have you been here?

ANGEL
All my life, practically. Jeez… to think of what this city used to be. I wouldn’t even think it would come to this.

BRUCE
How the city used to be?

Angel nods.

ANGEL
My brother remembers it more than I do. But, when Thomas Wayne was running WayneCorp. I don’t know. There was just something different in the air. Something pure, something that gave the city hope. Gotham isn’t dead, it’s just in purgatory.

BRUCE
That’s an interesting way of looking at it.

ANGEL
You think? So… you said you’re here on business?

Bruce nods

ANGEL
What kind of business?

BRUCE
Oh, well…

Bruce feels a clawed hand rest on top of his shoulder. Bruce turns around. It was Selena. During the conversation she must have snuck up on them. Bruce gives Angel a nervous smirk.

SELENA
I missed you.
(purs)
I’m bored. Show me Wayne Manor!

Bruce shrugs. Angel frowns. Not impressed.

ANGEL
Bruce?

Bruce turns around to Selena, furious.

BRUCE
What are you doing?

SELENA
Rescuing you, idiot!

Harvey walks in on them. Unknowing. And a wide grin on his face.

HARVEY
Susan! So, you finally met Bruce!

This is SUSAN! Susan frowns.

SUSAN
(to Bruce)
You know what? You’re even more like my brother than I thought!
(beat)
All you care about is money, fame and getting laid.

Susan walks away. Harvey is confused- what just happened? Bruce gives Harvey an apologetic shrug.

SELENA
That’s the last time I do you a favor.

Selena walks away. Thanks a lot. Bruce turns towards Harvey.

BRUCE
You didn’t tell me Susan was beautiful!
(beat)
I’ve got to find her and explain.

Bruce moves towards the door. Alfred appears and stops him.

ALFRED
Sir, there was an urgent message at home from Sgt. Gordon. He wants you to meet him at Wayne Chemical. Now!

Bruce thrusts the contracts into Harvey’s hands. Harvey takes the contracts.

BRUCE
I need you to look these over. It’s of life and death importance.

Harvey nods. Bruce and Alfred hurry off.

EXT. WAYNE CHEMICAL- NIGHT

The Rolls Royce is parked next to a chemical plant. Alone. Isolated. Eerie.

INT. ROLLS ROYCE

Bruce looks over towards Alfred.

BRUCE
I’m going alone.

ALFRED
Sir, I don’t think that is a very…

BRUCE
I’m going. Stay here.

Alfred hesitantly remains as Bruce gets out of the car.

EXT. WAYNE CHEMICAL

Bruce looks around. He breathes out, shivering… cold. CRREAK! Bruce hears the sound of an access hatch opening from inside.

INT. ROLLS ROYCE

Alfred watches as Bruce runs into the building.

ALFRED
I have a bad feeling about this.

INT. WAYNE CHEMICAL

Bruce rushes in and looks around. Gordon was nowhere in sight. CLANK! Bruce follows the noise towards an open hatch. He looks down. Gordon has reached the alcove looking down into the wastes below. Bruce descends down the ladder.

INT. WAYNE CHEMICAL- HATCH

Gordon jumps, startled. And turns around to face Bruce.

GORDON
You see the green pool of chemical hazardous waste?

Bruce nods.

GORDON
The dumping was made illegal years ago. So, my question is… what’s going on?

BRUCE
This is why you called me to come here?

Bruce looks down into the pool as a body floats to the surface. Gordon looks at Bruce, concerned.

GORDON
I didn’t call you.

CRREAK! Bruce and Gordon both look up just in time to see the hatch slamming shut and locking. Next they hear the sound of the large valves CREAKING open. WHSSH! The roar of water rushing towards them.

GORDON
We’re trapped!

Bruce looks around. No where to go.

Gordon and Bruce run down the tunnel away from the ROARING WATER. Bruce glances back to see the water of green toxic chemicals rushing towards them, think Indiana Joes and the Temple of Doom. Only this time, it’s not a boulder.

BRUCE
Don’t look back!

Bruce and Gordon come against a wall.

BRUCE
It’s a dead end.

The water comes CLOSER and CLOSER. Gordon turns on his flashlight and looks around. He finds another tunnel. Above.

GORDON
There.

Bruce nods. He looks back. Not much time. Using quick acrobatics, Bruce ascends to the tunnel above. The water is coming towards Gordon, faster than ever. Bruce kneels and reaches his hand down for Gordon.

BRUCE
Grab my hand!

Gordon GRABS his hand and Bruce pulls him up. The water SPLASHES up against the wall. Bruce grins.

BRUCE
That should by us some time.

Gordon breathes out and nods.

GORDON
Yeah.

Bruce and Gordon run off.

INT. ROLLS ROYCE

Alfred checks his watch. It’s been a long time. He checks the entrance one more time. Bruce and Gordon run out and approach the Rolls Royce. They enter the car. Alfred looks at Bruce, soaking wet.

ALFRED
You’re wet.

Bruce nods and wipes his hand through his hair.

BRUCE
It’s a long story Alfred.

Gordon gets in.

BRUCE
Drive.

EXT. WAYNE CHEMICAL

The Rolls Royce SPEEDS off.

INT. ROLLS ROYCE

Gordon leans forward.

GORDON
You said that you got a call saying that I wanted to meet you at Wayne Chemical?

Bruce nods

BRUCE
Yeah, why?

GORDON
Because. I got a call saying that you wanted to meet me.

Bruce caught on.

BRUCE
Someone obviously wanted us dead.

The image hit Bruce. The man. Dead. Floating in the toxic wastes.

LUCIUS (O.S.)
I’d rather not talk about it.

ALFRED
Where to, Master Bruce?

BRUCE
Someplace where we can find some answers and a good breakfast.

Alfred nods

EXT. GOTHAM CITY- MORNING

ANGLE DOWN towards the Rolls Royce driving through Gotham.

INT. ROLLS ROYCE

Gordon looks out his window. The Rolls Royce passes a limo.

INT. LIMO

Palantine spots Gordon, causing him to frown.

PALANTINE
It can’t be…

EXT. GOTHAM CITY- MORNING

The Rolls Royce pulls up beside an apartment complex. Gordon steps out and looks towards Bruce.

GORDON
Where are we?

BRUCE
Home of Lucius Fox, one of my childhood friends, his father used to work at Wayne Chemicals…

FADE TO:
INT. FOX APARTMENT

CLOSE UP on a stack of pancakes and waffles. The plate is placed on the kitchen table. Sitting around the table is Alfred, Bruce, Gordon, and Lucius. BILLIE, Lucius’ mother, is an ample charming woman and obviously a good chef, by Alfred’s expression as he took the first bite. They were already in the middle of a conversation. Lucius nod.

LUCIUS
He was real nervous, his last few days. I think he saw something.

ALFRED
I must say, this is some of the best food I’ve had in a while.

BILLIE
Glad you like it.

ALFRED
Like it? I love it.

GORDON
Is there anything else you can think of? Something that perhaps your father found out about? Something high up in the level of command.

Lucius shakes his head no.

LUCIUS
I’ll dig around. See what I can find out inside the WayneCorp chemical files.

BRUCE
Whatever it is, it’s something someone’s willing to kill over.

FADE TO:
INT. HARVEY’S APARTMENT- MAIN

Harvey sits on the sofa holding the contracts.

HARVEY
Do not dare sign these papers.

Bruce looks at Harvey, taken off guard.

HARVEY (CONT’D)
They get everything, you get nothing but a monthly check… you have no rights or protections, completely at their mercy. Don’t sign this.

A phone rings. Harvey answers it. It’s MRS. DENT.

MRS. DENT (O.C.)
Harvey, you need to talk to your father he’s being unreasonable.

HARVEY
(to Bruce)
I’m sorry about this.

Another phone rings.

HARVEY
That’ll by Dad.

Harvey picks up the other phone sir enough…

MR. DENT (O.C.)
She’s on the phone right now isn’t she son? Your mother never learns to…

Harvey breathes out and rolls his eyes. Bruce laughs.

HARVEY
So, what is this about? … Oh, yes, yes indeed. You’re right mom, dad should have cleaned up the garage after he got home.
(beat)
Dad, you’re right. You’re back was hurting you. That is perfectly understandable. Mom’s just over reacting.
(beat)
Alright mom, maybe you weren’t over reacting. But, dad thinks that you are.
(beat)
You’re right dad. Mom should have given you more time to…
(to Bruce)
Now if you sign this, they might try to kill you. That’s why as your legal advisor. I suggest you wait until you turn eighteen.
(beat)
Mom, calm down. Yes, dad is on the phone with me. Yes, mom he’s upset that you called.
(beat)
I now Dad, you have every right to be upset. This is your and mom’s problem. Not mine.
(to Bruce)
Now after you turn eighteen, they won’t dare to kill you.

BRUCE
Why?

HARVEY
Once you fully inherit WayneCorp, if you die without a will, your estate goes into probate for years. So, my legal consol is: stay alive until tomorrow.
(beat)
I’m sorry. Just give me a moment Bruce.

Bruce nods. Harvey continues the two-faced debate over the phone.

ALFRED
You know, Master Bruce, this reminds me of the story of Henry VII who was crowned king at 18. His advisors tried to force him aside, saying that he was far too young.

BRUCE
What did he do?

ALFRED
He had every one of them beheaded.

BRUCE
Good story Alfred: NOT useful here.

Harvey hangs up the phones.

HARVEY
I’m sorry about that.

BRUCE
No problem.

Harvey laughs

HARVEY
It’s like playing mediator between my two halves…

Harvey restacks the contracts and hands them over to Bruce.

HARVEY
But, actually you should sign the papers.

BRUCE
Hmm?

HARVEY
You said it yourself Bruce, you want nothing to do with this city. WayneCorp is capable of only bad things. They own everything, including the cops. Take the money and run! You’ll still be plenty rich… and alive.

Bruce is offended.

BRUCE
I am going to do something.

Harvey mockingly laughs, as though Bruce said that countless times before.

HARVEY
What? Stay in Gotham? Go up against Palpatine and the board?

Bruce frowns, trying to change the subject.

BRUCE
How’s Susan?

HARVEY
She’s doing good, but after the other night…

BRUCE
Does she, uh, work somewhere?

Harvey grins and nods.

HARVEY
She’s over at the Gotham Youth Center.

Bruce stands up and puts back on his black jacket.

BRUCE
Harvey, thanks. For everything.

HARVEY
Any time.

Bruce grabs the papers and leaves.

EXT. GOTHAM STREETS

The Rolls Royce drives through Gotham.

INT. ROLLS ROYCE

Alfred looks towards Bruce

ALFRED
So, I’ll take it that we’re going to the Youth Center?

Bruce nods.

EXT. GOTHAM STREETS

Two dark sedans pull out and begin to follow them.

INT. ROLLS ROYCE

Bruce checks the rear view mirror.

BRUCE
Alfred. We’re being followed.

Alfred looks to see gunners leaning out of the Sedans.

ALFRED
This is a Rolls Royce! They wouldn’t dare.

Bruce glances behind his back.

EXT. GOTHAM STREETS

Close up as a gun fires off a bullet. TRACK the bullet as it SMASHES into the side window. CRACK! The glass shatters upon impact.

INT. ROLLS ROYCE

Alfred breathes out, troubled.

ALFRED
Is nothing sacred!

good scirpt. but i dont want a tv show! batman on asmall screen doesnt fit.

Hey Triligors, I loved the idea of a Bruce Wayne series and I'm loving your take on the pilot episode.

I'm really interested in taking this series farther. Any chance you may be interested in collaborating for some future episodes? Just a thought.

EXT. GOTHAM STREETS

The Sedan RAMS into the back of the Royce.

INT. ROLLS ROYCE

Bruce looks towards Alfred.

BRUCE
Try to lose them.

ALFRED
What do you think I’m trying to do sir?

BRUCE
You still keep that gun on you?

ALFRED
Bottom left hand. Why?

Bruce takes out the gun.

ALFRED
Oh, don’t say you’re going to do what I think you’re going to do.

BRUCE
Not quite.

BANG! A bullet shoots through the glass of the Royce. Jolting the car.

BRUCE
Alfred, did you ever think of getting bullet proof glass?

ALFRED
Master Bruce, may I remind you that this doesn’t happen very often.

Bruce wasn’t listening, he was already leaning out the window.

EXT. GOTHAM STREETS

Bruce aims the gun towards the first Sedan.

INT. ROLLS ROYCE

Alfred continues to speed the Royce through traffic. Red light.

ALFRED
No time to stop now.

HONK!

EXT. GOTHAM STREETS

Bruce aims and… A truck moves out, Alfred has to swerve the Royce to narrowly miss it. BANG! The bullet soars against a store front window. People run franticly. Bruce aims again.

BRUCE
Keep her steady Alfred!!!

BANG! Bruce fires. The bullet hits its intended mark. The right tire of the right Sedan. The right Sedan’s tire deflates and RAMS into the other Sedan. Bruce leans back into the Royce.

INT. ROLLS ROYCE

Bruce notices Alfred’s calmness.

BRUCE
Well, that wasn’t bad. Just have to know where to aim.

Bruce looks back. Well, that was that.

ALFRED
Lucky for us that you’ve got a good shot.

EXT. GOTHAM YOUTH CENTER

The Rolls Royce arrives at the Youth Center, a little worse than wear, but just enough to keep moving and fix it up later. Bruce steps out and enters.

INT. GOTHAM YOUTH CENTER- MAIN

Bruce walks through looking for Susan. A young BOY, around 10 years old, stops him.

BOY
You are you?

BRUCE
Bruce Wayne

BOY
I never saw you before.

BRUCE
I’m new.

BOY
Why are you here?

Bruce looks around and spots Barbara he approaches her.

BRUCE
Barbara.

Barbara turns back towards him.

BARBARA
The name is Barb. And I don’t know you!
(whisper)
I’m working undercover. Don’t tell my Dad! He doesn’t know my ‘secret identity’!

Bruce cracks a grin and nods. Susan approaches him.

SUSAN
Bruce?

Bruce spins around and smiles.

BRUCE
Susan.
(beat)
About the other night… I’m sorry.

SUSAN
You should be.

BRUCE
That, that wasn’t me… I don’t even know her.

SUSAN
By her, you mean the gal in the Tiger costume?

Bruce shrugs and nods

BRUCE
You’ve got to believe me.

Susan breathes out and nods ok.

SUSAN
Ok, what do you want?

BRUCE
To take you out sometime.

SUSAN
I thought you were leaving town?

BRUCE
I thought I was too. Something came up.

Susan nods

SUSAN
I know. Harvey told me. He’s worried about you.

BRUCE
I’m surprised. It’s not like Harvey to be worried about anyone, but himself.
(beat)
So, you work here often?

Susan nods, she looks around.

SUSAN
I find it my way giving back to the community. Every hour I spend in here, is another criminal off the streets.

Bruce looks at Susan, curiously.

SUSAN
One of the root causes of criminal behavior is having a difficult and traumatic childhood. Some able to get past it, but others are tormented for their entire life. Leading them into a separate life, often it’s a life of crime.

Bruce nods. Pan back to see Barbara crushing on Bruce, another GIRL approaches her.

GIRL
He’s too old. Way too old!

Barbara watches as Bruce waves goodbye to Susan and walks away. Susan wipes her hair out of her eyes and smiles.

INT. WAYNE MANOR- MAIN ENTRANCE

Bruce arrives.

BRUCE
Alfred?

No answer. Bruce shrugs, must be out. Bruce approaches a phone with a blinking red light. Three messages. Bruce presses the play button.

PALANTINE (O.C.)
Bruce this is Palantine, I need those papers signed… Bruce this is…

Bruce presses delete.

PALANTINE (O.C.)
Bruce.

Delete. Bruce picks up the phone and dials Palantine’s number. He got the message machine.

BRUCE
Sorry, I was out… you know- the whole billionaire playboy thing.

Alfred enters.

BRUCE (CONT’D)
I must have forgotten to send you the papers.

Bruce hangs up.

ALFRED
So, I’ll take it you made your decision?

Bruce nods. They sit down.

ALFRED
I remember the day that your father first came to me, asking for my help. Your father knew something was going on at WayneCorp. He wanted to make sure you were safe, in case anything was to ever happen to him.

BRUCE
Safe?

Alfred nods

ALFRED
The night your father was murdered was not an accident nor is it your fault.

BRUCE
What do you mean?

ALFRED
What I’m trying to say is…

RING… RING… RING… Bruce glances over towards the phone. He answers it.

BRUCE
Hello?

GORDON (O.C.)
Bruce, I heard about the shooting. Are you ok?

Bruce nods

BRUCE
I’ll be fine.

GORDON (O.C.)
Lucius called to tip me off about a weekly shipment of hazardous wastes that is going out tonight.

BRUCE
I’ll meet you there.

GORDON (O.C.)
No. It’s too dangerous.

Gordon hangs up. Bruce glances to Alfred. Alfred notices Bruce’s wicked grin.

ALFRED
You’re not thinking…

Bruce nods.

FADE TO:
INT. WAYNE MANOR- GARAGE

Bruce is dressed in all black; he holds a mask in his hand. Alfred stands by.

ALFRED
If you reveal yourself, you can never take that back. Trust no one.

BRUCE
Why? Gordon’s…

ALFRED
Your father trusted people… and now he is dead!

Bruce grips the mask in his hand

BRUCE
What are you saying? You’re saying, someone he trusted… someone at WayneCorp killed my father?

ALFRED
Why not? They’re trying to kill YOU!
(beat)
You shouldn’t go. Especially not tonight, if they find you they’ll kill you.

Bruce puts on the mask and walks towards a sleek black motorcycle.

BRUCE
No. Gordon needs my help.

Bruce gets on the motorcycle and revs the engine.

BRUCE
I just won’t let them see me!

Bruce peels off, leaving Alfred behind.

EXT. WAYNE CHEMICAL- NIGHT

We spot a police car off in the distance. Gordon, and two of his best officers RUPERT MONTOYA and HARVEY BULLOCK, walk alongside a dark alley. Bullock stuffs his mouth with donuts.

GORDON
You know, with all the donuts you eat… sooner or later you’re going to get fat.

Bullock shrugs and they enter through the back door. Bruce drops down from above and follows them in.

INT. WAYNE CHEMICAL

Bruce tails them, cloaked in the shadows. Gordon and his two officers walk through. Guns out. BANG! A shot is fired towards them. They jump out of the way.

GORDON
Find them. Do whatever it takes. We can’t let that shipment get out.

They disperse. Bruce continues to sneak along the pipes. He notices a thug aiming a gun at Gordon’s back. Bruce looks around and notices a chain with a hook. He grins. Bruce picks up the chain and lassos it around the thug’s foot and drags him towards him. THUMP! Gordon turns around. Nothing there. Bruce ties the thug up.

BRUCE
Now stay here.

Bruce runs off. DING! An elevator door opens. Bruce and Gordon both notice it. Bruce gets there first and quickly disarms and neutralizes the thug. He hears Gordon’s footsteps approaching. He has to do something, Bruce notices valves above.

Gordon approaches. The thug lays on the ground, unconscious. He bends down and inspects the floor. The thug slipped on the wet floor? He shrugs and moves off. Bruce watches from the shadows and grins.

Bullock is trapped by two guards tracking his every move. He backs up against a corner… dead end. A thick fog covers both of halls as the thugs approach blocking him in. Bullock aims at one of thugs and fires. From the other side we see thug2 walking towards Bullock, gun drawn. All of a sudden he is GRABBED from the shadows and disappears out of sight. Bullock notices… what the?

A massive gun fight ensues. Bruce doing everything he can to help out along the way. Never getting caught, Bruce notices a man in a suit trying to escape. He’s the one in charge of the shipment! Bruce approaches him, rattling the walls as he approaches. The man in a suit stops and turns around. No one in sight, TAP… TAP… TAP… the man in a suit follows the noise. Gun drawn. Bruce sneaks up from behind and quickly takes him out. Gun shots fire up in the air. Bruce looks around. Gordon and the officers are approaching… got to get out of here.

Gordon and the officers arrive and look around. No one in sight. Bullock looks up.

BULLOCK
Um, Gordon… maybe you should look up.

Gordon looks up. Hanging upside down, tied to the steel bars of the next level up is the man in the suit.

RUPERT
Should we tell Flass?

Gordon shakes his head no

GORDON
Who would believe us?

Gordon looks around. No one else was there.

EXT. WAYNE CHEMICAL

Bruce jumps onto his motorcycle and drives off.

FADE TO:
EXT. GOTHAM CITY

Bruce is now in casual clothes. He approaches the nearest pay phone and dials.

BRUCE
I’m on my way home Alfred.

ALFRED (O.C.)
Am I to assume everything went alright?

Bruce nods

BRUCE
I might have found something I’m really good at.

Alfred moans. Bruce hangs up and walks back into an alley. We hear the sound of a motorcycle engine revving up and fading into the distance.

FADE TO:
INT. WAYNE MANSION- ENTRANCE

KNOCK… Alfred answers the door. It’s Gordon.

GORDON
Alfred. Is Bruce around?

Alfred nods

ALFRED
Yes, come in.

Gordon enters.

ALFRED
Master Bruce, Lt. James Gordon is here.
(to Gordon)
Make yourself at home.

Gordon nods. Bruce walks down the stairs.

BRUCE
Hey, so how did it go last night?

GORDON
Turns out that the trucks that were supposed to be used to export chemicals were actually being used to traffic drugs… the head bad guy is now in custody and is willing to cooperate. Dropping hints about the higher-ups at WayneCorp. He’s hoping to make a deal.

Bruce nods.

BRUCE
Thanks for dropping by.

Gordon nods and gets up to leave.

GORDON
Oh, and by the way… where we you last night?

Alfred clears his throat

ALFRED
Master Bruce was here all night. Came down with quite a cold, I’m afraid.

Gordon nods, but still suspicious.

GORDON
Hope you feel better.

Gordon leaves. Alfred closes the door behind him. Bruce shrugs.

BRUCE
I had a cold.

EXT. WAYNE MANOR- MORNING

Gordon walks back to his car. Wind blows the leaves towards the mansion. Gordon’s cell phone rings, he answers it.

GORDON
Gordon.

FLASS (O.C.)
Gordon, I’m sorry to tell you this. But, you’re going to have to cut the prisoners loose due to illegal search and seizure.

GORDON
Actually, Flass, I’m sure that if you called the EPA. They can tell you that the prisoners are still under my watch. Nothing we did was “illegal.”

INT. POLICE DEPARTMENT- FLASS’S OFFICE

FLASS frowns.

FLASS
You know what, you’re right.

Flass hangs up.

EXT. WAYNE MANOR

Gordon puts the cell phone away. Things were definitely looking like they are going to get better. He stops at his car and looks back towards Wayne Manor, gets in and drives away.

INT. WAYNE CORP- PALANTINE’S OFFICE

Palantine looks out the window. Bruce enters.

PALANTINE
So, you’re staying in Gotham City now, I take it?

Bruce nods

BRUCE
I think it’s time that I step up and take on my family’s name.

PALANTINE
Agh, well I thought so…
(beat)
I have to tell you though, that some rather bad news about WayneCorp has come up… turns out that some rather unpleasant, illegal things were discovered at WayneCorp chemicals last night. Once word gets out, our stocks might take a beating.

Palantine walks back over to his desk.

PALANTINE
Oh, I almost forgot… I bought you a little something.

Palantine picks up a book, Business for Beginners, and hands it to Bruce. Bruce flips through it and nods.

PALANTINE
If you want I can show you the ins and outs of managing big business. Advise you along the way.

Bruce closes the book and nods.

BRUCE
Thanks for the offer, but… I don’t think that will be necessary.

Palantine nods, hiding his frown. Bruce walks out, not looking back. In Palantine’s face we can see absolute hatred and anger.

INT. GOTHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT- HALLS

Gordon and Bullock walk through the narrow halls of the police department. They stop at a door reading ‘Interrogation Room.’ They enter.

INT. GOTHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT- INTERROGATION ROOM

The lights are off. All we can see is the look of horror and disgust on Gordon’s face. Pan around to see the man in the suit, hung by the neck from the light above.

JUMP CUT:

Gordon runs towards the desk sergeant.

GORDON
Did anyone come in or out of the interrogation room?

The desk sergeant shakes his head no.

DESK SERGEANT
Why?

Gordon walks away. Maybe things weren’t coming to a close as fast as he had originally hoped.

INT. WAYNE MANOR- MAIN

Bruce enters. The lights are off.

VOICES
Surprise!!!

The lights turn on. Harvey, Susan, Selena, Lucius Fox, Billie Fox, James Gordon, Barbara Gordon and Alfred all stand under a huge banner reading ‘Happy 18th.’ Bruce smiles.

FADE TO:
INT. WAYNE MANOR- LIVING ROOM

LATER Harvey and Bruce stand in front of the fire place. Harvey holds onto the papers.

HARVEY
So, I see you made your decision?

Bruce nods. Harvey grins.

HARVEY
Smart move. Guess, you won’t be needing these anymore.

Harvey throws the paper into the fireplace. CLOSE UP on the contracts burning; the end of something old and the beginning of something new. Harvey picks up a wine glass.

BRUCE
You, really don’t need…

Harvey clinks the wine glass.

HARVEY
I’d like to make a speech.

Everyone turns their attention towards Harvey.

HARVEY
Congratulations to my best friend. The one person I could always count on, no matter what. Bruce Wayne, the newfound owner of WayneCorp.

Applause. Harvey hands the wine glass to Bruce. Bruce takes it.

BRUCE
Thank you, Harvey. But, you’re exaggerating.
(beat)
I’m going to be staying in Gotham. I’ve got much to learn. I’m not sure if I can make a difference, but I’m willing to stick around and find out.

Bruce looks over towards the family photo on the wall, the photo from the beginning of the story. The past. Bruce nods and tips the wine glass.

BRUCE
This is for you dad.

Bruce drinks the wine. Applause

FADE TO:
INT. BATCAVE

The sound of bats fluttering their wings. Alfred puts the picture down and walks away.

ALFRED (O.S.)
And so it begins.

[FADE TO BLACK]

Note: Throughout the script I took a couple of dramatic licenses. Sometimes the description wasn't exactly clear or gaps needed to be filled in. The final fight scene was also unclear, which left the ending up to getting the information out, but in a different way. Parts of the original fight scene also needed some work, because it just wasn't Bruce Wayne- such as the usage of a bannana peel and Alfred someone going throughout the whole fight following Bruce without getting caught and having to fight. Thus, I found a way to keep Alfred back at the mansion.

The Bruce Wayne TV project got far enough that a series bible mapping the program out had been prepared by Tim McCanlies. The series bible set out most of what would have been the "plan" for a five-year long series. Here are some highlights:

As detailed in the information about the pilot, Bruce Wayne begins with the lead character only days away from his 18th birthday. Him and his faithful manservant Alfred Pennyworth return to Gotham City so Bruce can sign Waynecorp over to the corporation's trustees. Of course, he gets there, and it seems that his family's company might not only be responsible for the decline of Gotham City and corruption within, but they may also be trying to kill him.

Bruce's #1 ally among the Gotham Police Department, then as he is now, is Detective Jim Gordon. Aside from Det. Gordon, the police force is full of corruption going all the way up to Gordon's boss, Lt. Flass.

Harvey Dent is Bruce Wayne's best friend. Harvey's a few years older; rich, spoiled, selfish, and bored. Harvey's studying corporate law, but his friendship with Bruce and the excitement therein might lead him to take a different route later in life. Harvey "has no shame," and is always trying to get Bruce to lighten up a bit.

Bruce has a number of interests in the show's first season, including the Gotham City Youth Shelter. Barbara Gordon hangs out there, but another woman who runs the shelter really catches Bruce's eye. She is Susan Dent, the very attractive sister of Harvey, and of course, with it being the WB, love interest for young Bruce Wayne. Also vying for Bruce's attention is a young TV gossip reporter named Vicky Vale, and a psychology student named Harleen Quinzel may also be in Bruce's future...

A few other folks from Batman's future make their way through. There's the mysterious "consultant" Selena Kyle, a would-be comedian (described as "Sam Kinison but angrier") named Jack Napier, and a kid from Smallville, Kansas named Clark Kent. Bruce meets Clark as he is in town for a WayneCorp sponsored conference of high school journalists. Bruce dismisses Clark at first as a nice kid from the sticks, but then he starts to realize there's something odd about this farm boy.

"There's a newspaper editors convention in Gotham City," writer McCanlies himself explained in a 2004 interview, "and this kid Clark Kent shows up. Bruce wants nothing to do with him, but for some reason they're thrown together. He keeps trying to lose this kid but he can't. You have to know who Clark Kent is to get the joke. I never reveal who this guy is. He's just this very surprising 16-year-old from Smallville, Kansas."

As the series progresses, Bruce becomes more and more intrigued and fascinated by the criminal element. He spends time at Arkham Asylum, observing the felons within. He restores Wayne Manor, and brings in a series of Martial Arts trainers. He buys sleek racing motorcycles, and realizes that in the helmet and leather, speeding through late at night, that it is quite a pleasure to be completely anonymous.

Towards the end of the first season, Bruce would find a large cavern underneath Wayne Manor. He and Alfred bring in Polish workers in blacked-out planes and buses to set up what ultimately becomes the Bat Cave. (What, you thought he built it all himself?)

In later seasons, Bruce would take bigger steps, and we'd finally get an answer to such burning questions like "Why didn't he just become a policeman?" He joins the GCPD; it doesn't last. He then goes to the FBI academy; that, too, is a bust.

Bruce's skills grow as the series progresses. His skill in martial arts, already there when the show begins, is being perfected. He learns more about car racing, helicopter and airplane flying, gymnastics, and more. The world thinks that he's a fickle rich kid living it up and experiencing all that he can, but all of this work does lead to a purpose.

Once Bruce gains control of WayneCorp, he uses those resources to help him in his cause. Certain WayneCorp R&D in special weapons, prototypes, vehicles and such manages to disappear.... and of course, later ends up in Batman's arsenal. WayneCorp wins the bid to build the FBI's computer criminal database... and of course, Bruce has access.

Each episode would be framed with bookend scenes of an older Alfred telling the tale through his "memoirs" - an element that would later be seen to some extent with Birds of Prey.

Bruce starts off the series as an immature 17 year old, but Bruce Wayne ends where all of the previous Batman stories would begin, at that moment where Bruce figures out the best way to stop the criminal element in Gotham City, by becoming... a bat.

I really liked this one Triligors. I hope you decide to keep it up.

One thing i found in the script that really isn't that big of a deal but still...at the end on his 18th birthday Bruce tips up a wine glass and then drinks it. Don't you think its foolish for Bruce to drink wine underage in the presense of a police officer?

just something that stuck out to me. ;)

great job. keep it up.

Yeah, guess you're right. Didn't think about.

Didn't really intend to continue it... just did it to see how it would turn out.

Awesome. Only thing that made me kinda ? was when the reporter asked him how was prison. I know he was bad as a teen but how about Juvy not prison???

But youve got a talent buddy embrace it

There is another project that I'm very passionate about and some of you may have remembered the teleplays floating around the net a while ago... Spider-Man: The Series. I think my chances are getting stronger as the years go by of making the show a success- the college I'm going to next year, Hofstra, has Avi Arad as one of it's notable alumni. So, I might be able to establish a connection. The University is also notable for getting many of it's graduates into successful jobs in the film &/or television industry.

:batman: cool stuff but i agree with glodenagehero batman on tv just don't fit ya know but still i would have watched the pilot. to bad:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"