Bruce Wayne TV series

OneKnight

Brutally honest
Reaction score
Has the Tim McCanlies script for the pilot ever found its way online? :brucebat:

Could this series have worked? Personally, I think Smallville is garbage. But I've often wondered about this project.

For a pretty thorough explanation of the story behind it, read this:

Bruce Wayne TV Series

That sounds awsome, I started some of my own pre-production work on a very similar story a few months back, I guess I can drop it now this has come along.

I love the ideas in it, I had very much similar ones, it was to be a Smallville esque show, and Bruce would come into contact with several people like Dent and Kent, but none of the villians.

I might look further into this project, but also it makes me sad that someone got there first!

That could be good, but it would also de-mystify Batman. We don't know much about his journeys. And there is also the danger that they would turn it into a "American teenie" show like Smallville, Buffy and this stuff. I would hate this.

I guess I've been thinking about this because even though I'm a big fan of Batman Begins, I felt that it was all a bit rushed getting him to Batman.

I always wondered if the first in a series of Batman movies should focus more on Wayne getting there and maybe ending with him going out on that first night.

I know many would disagree and want to see Batman in a Batman movie.

So I guess the ideas behind this show intrigued me because it would center around Wayne. I just don't know if there would be enough there for a series to run for years.

A whole movie? Yeah, I think it could be done. A series? I don't know.

I'm working on a manip of the series right now, who should I use for Batman?

That show really didn't sound too bad. At least not till they got to shawn ashmore! All kidding aside I'm glad what happened happened. It would have been cool to see 24 hour long episodes on batman a year instead of one film every three years. But the risk of it ending up like smalville is not worth it. Maybe in the futue it could happen.

I'm working on a manip of the series right now, who should I use for Batman?

Trust your instincts.

That show really didn't sound too bad. At least not till they got to shawn ashmore! All kidding aside I'm glad what happened happened. It would have been cool to see 24 hour long episodes on batman a year instead of one film every three years. But the risk of it ending up like smalville is not worth it. Maybe in the futue it could happen.

I agree about Ashmore. He wouldn’t have been the right guy. His brother seems even nerdier. Good for Jimmy Olsen, but not Bruce.

I would go with an unknown actor like Smallville did with Welling.

I'm just not sure how it would've worked as a series.

Clark has meteor freaks and Lex week in and week out as he learns and develops his powers. Bruce needs to travel and train, but what would be the conflict on a week to week basis?

You could probably make the mysteries at Wayne Enterprises last for a season, but for years?

Now don't get me wrong, I was/am intrigued by the idea of a Bruce Wayne show. I often daydream about what it would have been like.

If I ran WB, I would wait two years after the third Batman film (hopefully, a Nolan film) and then start a tv series. I would go back to Tim and see if he is interested.

I read the script for this a long time ago. It was pretty bad. Way over the top, almost BIRDS OF PREY type stuff.

I had some concepts worked out for such a series once. I called it THE WAYNE CHRONICLES. A BRUCE WAYNE show would have to start in Gotham, and then be about his world travels, with Henri Ducard, Tsunemoto, Shiva, David Cain, etc. That...would be fantastic. But it would have to be a lot more down to Earth than SMALLVILLE ever was.

Mine focused more on him travelling around the known DC universe, mainly to Smallville, Metropolis, Star City, Bludhaven etc...

There could be some awsome ideas, but I agree, the lack of a weekly threat would need sorting out, and also the introduction of any villians. I might dig out my notes and treatment stuff to show you guys my ideas, see what you felt.

A lot of mine focused on Ra's I think, with some Harvey Dent. I had the story that they met at law school before Bruce dropped out.

This sounds like it could of been cool, as for conflicts, maybe use some less main stream villains, him training different philosophies he has, and how he comes to his conclusions. It had great potential in my opinion.

i am happy this didn't happenned, i would have hated that my favourite character was used for a teen soap opera ¬¬

Sounds like a good idea for a one-shot comic. But a whole series? I don't think so. And the whole Jack Napier/Struggling Comedian thing is not true to the character. We don't know who he is, that's the point of the character!
But I would have been interested in the Dent storylines.

Series sounds unbelievable, even as it should be considered for Spinoff of Smallville after the end, could even serve as an alternative for the universe Nolanverse even ask me if I had to choose a cast for this series, what would be the ideal cast for this series in your opinion?, and also wish to invite them to put their signatures to support the idea that a series about teenage Bruce Wayne is the ideal Spinoff after the end of Smallville:​

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/BRUCEWAYNEINTV

Bye

I read the pilot summary for the show and I thought it was a really bad idea. They basically have a young Bruce Wayne fighting crime in Gotham with the help of Gordon and Harvey Dent. It totally destroys any point in him ever becoming Batman. If they did a show about Bruce Wayne I would like to see it in the style of Batman Begins and follow his travels before he meets Ras Al Ghul. It could be just like the Littlest Hobo with Bruce travelling around the world learning new skills and meeting different people. I would make it dark and gritty. I would hope that it would not focus on tedious romances like Smallville does and just focus on the character and his journey. I think if it was done right it could be awesome. I would also hope that it lasts a season or two and that they would not drag it on for the sake of making money out of it.

I also think there might be a place for a Harvey Dent series before he becomes Two-Face. It could be set in Gotham and I would have Simon Baker from The Mentalist and the magnificent LA Confidential playing the role of Harvey Dent in his younger days before his accident. I think this would also work as a series.

If they did a show about Bruce Wayne I would like to see it in the style of Batman Begins and follow his travels before he meets Ras Al Ghul. It could be just like the Littlest Hobo with Bruce travelling around the world learning new skills and meeting different people.

Sounds like the series "Kung Fu" from the 70's

i totally agree with obycyek. i almost liked batman begins more than the dark knight b/c it went over batman's history and more of a story in that way. i kind of like smallville but if there were a version of batman, oh man i would never leave the tv!

I actually enjoyed Batman Begins more than The Dark Knight austriker. I loved Heath Ledgers Joker and Aaron Eckharts two face but overall I feel Batman Begins is the better movie in my opinion or at least the better batman movie in that it is about Batman.

The Bruce Wayne tv show if done right could be one of the best things on tv. The trouble with something like Smallville is it is obsessed with the female characters and tedious relationship sub plots. That and the fact the writers keep coming up with brain dead storylines. Clark putting his infant self in the spaceship, Jimmy Olsen being a fake Jimmy Olsen etc. Have the Bruce Wayne show be dark and gritty and in tune with Batman Begins instead of contradicting it and having characters appear before they should (a smallville specialty!) and it could be something special.

I started writing a pilot for a tv series. I had a really cool opening but I couldn't think of a story for the pilot.

It began with Bruce in London (I think I based it off the opening of thier script) and he was being drowned in a tank in a pub. I take it from there and he then escapes and gets in a bar fight, saving a maitran in the pub from being raped and killed by a drunken customer.

Bruce is in his early 20's and is trying to find himself, but he doesn't quite know how to yet. I then had alfred have a monologue about a story about a children's tale he was told when he was a child about a knight while bruce sneaks into a cargo ship and sails somewhere. And that's where it ended. I intended for flashbacks throughout all bruce's life before the show. Right after he sees his parents die to growing up.

I've been putting thought into this again. I've decided that the show should begin with Bruce already traveling. Then like Lost, use flashbacks of his past life in Gotham, leading up to him leaving to travel. They don't always have to be flashbacks of Bruce as well. They could be shifts of what is happening in Bruce's absense in Gotham with Gordon and Dent.

Then in the final season, Bruce comes back to Gotham and applies the skills he learned from the past seasons.

I'm not a fan of Smallville. This type of thing just doesn't do it for me. I want the full on superhero.

Has the Tim McCanlies script for the pilot ever found its way online? :brucebat:

Could this series have worked? Personally, I think Smallville is garbage. But I've often wondered about this project.

For a pretty thorough explanation of the story behind it, read this:

Bruce Wayne TV Series
What was originally planed sounded pretty good. I liked that they planned ahead in terms of when the series would end and had a timeline. The idea of having Bruce's global adventures chronicled in different episodes and then heading back to Gotham with what he obtained to aid him would've been awesome to see. Shame this never got off the ground, but I wonder how it would've done? I also liked reading the possible ending for the series as a whole - with the iconic scene of having Bruce in the study and the bat crashing through the window.

"Without warning, it comes..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"