The Chic-Fil-A Controversey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nell2ThaIzzay

Avenger
Reaction score
I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread for this yet (I'm unaware if this conversation is happening in another thread - if so, forgive me, and please direct me to the appropriate thread), but I was just curious to see what everyone's thoughts were on all of this.

We're discussing it a lot in the gay rights thread.

All I know is, if I owned a chicken restaurant right now, I'd put a rainbow flag outside.

Dont agree with them. But I'm still gonna eat there.

If you all are good with giving your money to a business that gives that money to organizations that are known for their extremities of beating the gay out of youths in their "pray the gay away" type of camps, enjoy legal intolerance.

Exodus are Nazi pigs. They are as Christian as Attila the Hun, with the distinction that Attila didn't PRETEND to be something he wasn't.

They are among the most poisonous and pernicious influence on the United States of America and of organized religion.

Thanks Schlosser.

Should this thread be closed to have the discussion in the Gay Rights thread? Or is this thread okay to keep open? I'll probably repost this in the other thread just in case.

My take on the Chic-Fil-A thing:

I've known about Chic-Fil-A's stance on gay marriage and their financial support of particular institutions for quite awhile now, and I made the decision awhile back to not eat there anymore. There have been a couple rare exceptions, where Chic-Fil-A was my only option, but I have tried to avoid eating there.

They financially support something that I am against on 2 levels: 1.) Whatever my views of homosexuality are, I do not believe they should be denied the same rights as anyone else and 2.) I do not believe that laws should be made based upon religious scripture to enforce the beliefs of one religion upon everyone else. As such, I will avoid financially supporting a company who's ethics and contributions go against everything I believe in as an American.

On the other hand, I do value our Constitution's 1st Amendment above most all else in relation to law, and I do believe that Chic-Fil-A has the right to their opinion, and the right to express their opinion. From then on, it is up to each individual to do what they feel is best for the situation, and I read somewhere something that I really liked on the matter - there are 3 types of people in this: 1.) people who will never eat at Chic-Fil-A again because of this 2.) people who will eat at Chic-Fil-A more because of this and 3.) people who don't care and won't let this effect their decision to eat or not eat at Chic-Fil-A

And as far as I'm concerned, none of those 3 are "right" or "wrong", it's merely up to the individual to decide.

I'm just gonna repeat in here what I said in the gay rights thread.

It's not an issue because of the views they have, it's an issue because of how they practice their views.

As usual....Majik...is magical.

He should be our Captain.

It is already being discussed as others have pointed out. Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"