• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

THE CINEMA LOUNGE

They should release the open matte version just for IMAX. Boom Mic and all. :o

Just got my hands on The Crow 4K remastered bluray, it's absolutely perfect. The film grain. The aspect ratio. The goths. The music.

Stuart Townsend never really recovered after being fired from Lord of The Rings. One day your hot gf is Charlize Theron and she pays all the bills while you go out and ‘’act’’, next you’re replaced by Viggo and the rest is history.

Between the Reading Rainbow and Jim Henson documentaries on streamers this week, going to get gut punched in the emotions.

This is gonna sound like one of the most hipster questions ever but...

Do you guys prefer one or the other:

1. A 10/10 film that you love but will never get the wide reach and popularity that you want it to have... but it allows you to have a small cult following.

2. A 10/10 film that you love that also gets the wide reach and popularity that you want it to have... but that will cause you to read/listen to all the dumb and terrible takes by normies about the film.

1. A 10/10 film that you love but will never get the wide reach and popularity that you want it to have... but it allows you to have a small cult following.

2. A 10/10 film that you love that also gets the wide reach and popularity that you want it to have... but that will cause you to read/listen to all the dumb and terrible takes by normies about the film.

Number 2. Mostly because I want it to become a hit and have actual convos about it. My good friend and I would usually quote lines from flicks and our ladies had no idea what we were talking about. I once went straight into the Pesci ‘’how am I funny’’ bit and he followed me along, they were not happy at all. Lawd.

God help the world if my tastes went mainstream.

#2. The bad takes are gonna be out there no matter what.

People love to go after bad CGI/VFX but never bring up how amazing it can be when done right.

In the case of Challengers, I think people are prone to forget or not realize at all when CGI is used to create a normal situation like a tennis match. I guess you could say that the best kind of CGI/VFX are what aren't noticeable at all, but as a result it becomes accidentally unrecognizable to the average viewer who isn't as well-versed in it.

Forrest Gump is another example. Sure, people obviously knew that Tom Hanks wasn't actually there with JFK and John Lennon and that Gary Sinise actually has legs but I bet a lot of people didn't even realize that the majority of the crowd in the Washington Monument scene was CGI.

Okay, got a triple feature of the Mr Rogers, Reading Rainbow, and Jim Henson documentaries ready. I'm ready to feel all the emotions.

I'm on the most emotional documentary right now that came out this week... the fall of MoviePass. :o

I'm on the most emotional documentary right now that came out this week... the fall of MoviePass. :o
It’s weird to me that I got an email from MoviePass promoting that movie. Makes me think it’s not gonna be the roasting I was looking for. :funny:

It’s weird to me that I got an email from MoviePass promoting that movie. Makes me think it’s not gonna be the roasting I was looking for. :funny:

Just finished it... I totally see why they would promote it. It's definitely worth checking out if anyone ever used the service, it clears up so many questions we all had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"