The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well watching some of the films he has been in lately excluding triple 9... Now that's torture

I thought The Night Before was really funny. He's just sucking up to Marvel.

I got a kick out of The Night Before. Great movie to watch high.

Lemme be Adrian Veidt here and unite the board. :o

Anybody seen Anthony Mackie's idiotic comments about Batman?

https://twitter.com/Kytheese/status/701337273896452096/video/1

Batman can't be tortured because he is rich.

I mean, I guess he's just joking, but there are literally countless examples of rich people who are/were not only unhappy and emotionally tortured, but also twisted, disturbed, and even psychopathic. Money also doesn't erase the psychological effects of childhood trauma or loss of innocence at an early age.

Yeah, that's a pretty weird comment.

I dunno, let's wait and see where this goes.

I dunno, let's wait and see where this goes.
giphy.gif

Speaking of Keaton, i had the best dream ever two nights ago. Keaton was the newest Batman. It was REALLY weird. He had the same suit as Ben's (the regular grey suit). He was playing a late 50's Batman like Frank Miller's but a continuation of his Burton version. No Superman. Just a batman movie, and it was ****in awesome. It was like this cool thing for Keaton coming off of Birdman and Spotlight, launching a rebirth for his batman. I just remember him on a rooftop with the grey and black suit, and he was in shape for some reason, with the cowl off. Damnit. I woke up early in the morning super bummed out that it was a dream. Which is odd cuz i never thought of him returning to Batman other than a Batman Beyond type situation.

A lot of **** went down too with a different Joker. But it's all hazy now.

Last edited:
Lemme be Adrian Veidt here and unite the board. :o

Anybody seen Anthony Mackie's idiotic comments about Batman?

https://twitter.com/Kytheese/status/701337273896452096/video/1

Batman can't be tortured because he is rich.

Calling them idiotic might be going a bit far. It's a really simplistic and shallow view to have and he uses a poor example to illustrate it but I can understand to an extent why a casual audience member might think that. In the sense of preferring to approach superhero media only as light escapism and having a dissatisfaction with the current iteration's grimness that is based in a rose-tinted view of what it was like in the good ole days. It's just a side affect of observing a character that has had so many different versions over so many years.

No it's idiotic because it tells us that he doesn't know much about the character and about life apparently because money doesn't solve every problem. Being rich doesn't take away the pain you have from a deep loss and money can also be a way to fill an empty place in your life/heart. It wears off after a while and you get used to the money. After a while there's only so much you can do that you haven't done already when you're filthy rich, then what do you have? Emptiness if you're somebody who has problems from the past. This is why so many celebrities fall hard after a while. So yes, he sounds like a moron. He's just sucking up to Marvel by saying stupid crap about the competition. Pretty sure he was doing that a couple years back. Mackie is also hard to have a discussion with because he hates other peoples opinions when they clash with his. I saw a radio show with him, JGL and Rogen. And theyre all buddies but they were calling him out and Seth was rolling his eyes at him everytime he would get hot about a difference in opinion. He thinks he knows everything.

BvS continues to latch onto the popular trend. Extended version to be rated R. Heh.

I called it after seeing the Comic Con footage that there was going to be an extended cut. That trailer just looked so busy.

The R rating thing....meh, yeah I mean as a novelty it's kind of neat that it'll be the first R-rated Batman movie. But at the same time, an R-rated Superman movie just doesn't seem right.

Obviously this is all thanks to Deadpool though.

It was rated back in September if it was a reaction to Deadpool it would be getting released theatrically

No way. They're trying to capitalize on best of both worlds. Deadpool was going for a niche audience, but they want families with BvS too. Giving the hardcore fans an R-rated option for Blu Ray makes more business sense.

Either way, publicizing this news so soon after Deadpool's success isn't a coincidence. Maybe it would've happened regardless, but I'm sure Deadpool's success emboldened them to announce this.

WB did nothing to announce or publicize this. The news only came online last night after the MPAA sent out a bulletin that highlighted a group of films that have recently received ratings. Otherwise, I'd agree that this was a response to Deadpool, but that's clearly not the case here.

http://filmratings.com/downloads/cara_rating_bulletin.pdf

WB was probably planning to wait until after the theatrical release or closer to the time of its home video release to announce and highlight the special edition cut that's coming, as is typically the case.

lol, some of you really want to hate on this movie. :hehe:

It has nothing to do with Deadpool.

Zack already did this with Watchmen, im not surprised he would do this with a Miller influenced Batman. Pretty sure i read several months ago that an extended version was gonna come out. The film has been shot for a while now, and there's no way they could know that Deadpool was going to be successful, at all. It's in the bag. So if Zack shot really rough scenes a year ago or whatever, then of course those scenes would be kept for a director's cut.

I mean, I guess he's just joking, but there are literally countless examples of rich people who are/were not only unhappy and emotionally tortured, but also twisted, disturbed, and even psychopathic. Money also doesn't erase the psychological effects of childhood trauma or loss of innocence at an early age.

No it's idiotic because it tells us that he doesn't know much about the character and about life apparently because money doesn't solve every problem. Being rich doesn't take away the pain you have from a deep loss and money can also be a way to fill an empty place in your life/heart. It wears off after a while and you get used to the money. After a while there's only so much you can do that you haven't done already when you're filthy rich, then what do you have? Emptiness if you're somebody who has problems from the past. This is why so many celebrities fall hard after a while.

Agree with all of this. Overtime I have come to greatly discourage this kind of thinking of Bruce Wayne having no problems or complaints because he is rich. Get over your parents' death, it's in the past and you have truck loads of money. Though I can't deny "Rich... kinda makes it better" from LEGO Movie is hilarious. Nonetheless, all the time we say and are taught money is not the route to happiness. Robin Williams was suffering depression and killed himself. I have yet to fully read into his death and overall motive but he must have been very depressed in order to commit suicide. But he had a net worth of $50 million!!!! Apparently, that did not matter to him at all.
On top of that Bruce was born into wealth, so I'm not sure he can take much appreciation and almost takes it for granted I feel. To him it's "I'm rich? so what?" I always saw him as something of an outsider to his own elitist, snobby, upper class social mates. And we've seen plenty of times he gets by quite well. In The Dark Knight Rises it seemed like a minor inconvenience that he went broke. Meanwhile in Batman Begins he's basically a traveling hobo, didn't complain. Or take the Batman: The Animated Series episode of "The Forgotten" were he suffers from amnesia with some lower class workers in a camp being forced to mine. He doesn't detest his surroundings or see himself above his lower class associates. Hell, he offers them jobs at the end.
We have to keep in mind Bruce lost his parents at an early age and due to murder which he was a witness to. That is not the same as being a 30 year old man and losing your parents to a car accident or natural causes. This can be stressful too but usually by this age your are more emotionally prepared and able to adapt, move on with life. For Bruce his entire sense of security at the mere age of 8 was shook and taken from him. Children are very impressionable. They do not have to deal with these kind of life events, or at least they shouldn't have too. He truly does suffer from trauma. Plus, we all deal with grief differently. You really cannot tell someone how to feel, because you do not feel it.

WB did nothing to announce or publicize this. The news only came online last night after the MPAA sent out a bulletin that highlighted a group of films that have recently received ratings. Otherwise, I'd agree that this was a response to Deadpool, but that's clearly not the case here.

http://filmratings.com/downloads/cara_rating_bulletin.pdf

WB was probably planning to wait until after the theatrical release or closer to the time of its home video release to announce and highlight the special edition cut that's coming, as is typically the case.

Fair enough, that makes sense.

Btw, even if Deadpool had influenced this to a small degree, I didn't see it as a bad thing anyway. Obviously they shot violent stuff that was cut, and now we'll get to see it.

The timing of it seemed too close to be coincidental, but I stand corrected.

lol, some of you really want to hate on this movie. :hehe:

Surprisingly I've become more excited for the film the last couple of weeks. I still don't trust Snyder, but hey, it's Batman!

I can trust Snyder on Batman... not necessarily on anything else. It's no surprise that he wanted Batman as quick as possible after MoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"