The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

squeekness

I'm a poor lost puppy
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a continuation thread. Previous thread: here.

Ah that new thread smell.

3fd920ff679fdce98581fafda71424fc4c05196c.gifv

I didn't even know this existed until like a couple of days ago, but I guess I'll give it a shot. The reviews for it on RT are pretty brutal so far, but maybe that's also because not a lot of critics have actually seen it yet.

I really do feel bad for Holland though because outside of Spider-Man he really has struggled breaking out in other stuff which is a shame because I believe he's a very talented dramatic actor.

If crap like Uncharted is going to be the only successful franchise thing for him outside of the MCU I get the feeling he's just going end up being one of those typecasted actors as he gets older.

I didn't even know this existed until like a couple of days ago, but I guess I'll give it a shot. The reviews for it on RT are pretty brutal so far, but maybe that's also because not a lot of critics have actually seen it yet.

I really do feel bad for Holland though because outside of Spider-Man he really has struggled breaking out in other stuff which is a shame because I believe he's a very talented dramatic actor.

If crap like Uncharted is going to be the only successful franchise thing for him outside of the MCU I get the feeling he's just going end up being one of those typecasted actors as he gets older.

I still feel like he was cheated out of some awards for that Netflix movie he did, The Devil All The Time. Yes it was a big Southern Gothic soap opera, but he really showed what he can do dramatically in that.

Hope he gets his mind right and take a well deserved break and come back stronger. I like Holland.

I thought the reviews were good but didn't remember them being quite that high. Very much hoping Ms Marvel helps the Marvels explode and we then get a second season of the show and clues about any future film appearances. The first time she meets Carol needs to be epic.

The Devil All The Time had some good moments but I felt like it could have been better. But the best part about that movie was the Spider-Man/Batman showdown. :o

b30f809c8ed5829f1bea69b1c046167532efcd7e.gifv

61a76599a7b36d165601e7924a5e4ba23d31df28.gifv

That movie kept me on the edge of my seat. It’s time for a rewatch.

I still cry for the sister in that movie.

Shameik has done an amazing job as the voice of Miles but he's literally older than Tom Holland. I'd rather see an actor in their early 20's at the oldest playing him.

I had no idea what he looked like. He's been really great on the voice, but he is looking a bit old to be Miles in live action, especially by the time any Miles film starts filming, and especially if a bunch of films are planned for Miles over a number of years. Can't blame him for trying though.

I like Holland, a lot. And he's perfect to front some cool action adventure. Especially with his perma teen look. But a big serious picture? Not so sure. It doesn't help who he ties himself to in terms of creative either.

Also, like how you said, "gets older". Man is already 27. :funny:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Dr.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"