Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember Green Lantern? What a crappy movie that was.

This man remembers.

tmqgM0S.jpg

Y'all are breaking my heart by bringing up GL.

Actually liked his performance pre transformation. He was suitably creepy.

Between Patty Jenkins, James Wan, and Matthew Reeves, the future of the DCEU is real bright. It's never been brighter lol.

I do feel sorry for Cyborg though. He was the most interesting character of JL, he should get his own movie. But he has the least brand recognition, and they've already covered his most obvious character arc.

Agree on Cyborg, I was here for Superman in JL, but I thought Cyborg had the best arc. Apparently lots of his scenes were deleted as well which is a shame.

Agree on Cyborg, I was here for Superman in JL, but I thought Cyborg had the best arc. Apparently lots of his scenes were deleted as well which is a shame.

Pretty frustrating really. The "heart" of the character all over the cutting room floor.

I thought it was pretty blah, I didn't hate it, so that is a major step up in Tim Robins's CBM career after Howard the Duck, a movie less interesting than seeing a dog take a leak in the street.
Y'all are breaking my heart by bringing up GL.
I know that feeling, I wanted something to make my blood pumping, that movie was not it.

It was okay. I've seen worse. Avengers: Age of Ultron or Batman & Robin, for example.
I understand liking a movie less, but Age of Ultron is certainly better than Green Lantern, it doesn't have veteran members of the corps insult the newcomer and then come to save him in the last moment after single handedly ending the life of a threat too big for most of the corps together.

Yeah. I actually prefer Age of Ultron to the first Avengers.

A rare breed.

Personally, really like it. Love it ? No, but I'd take it over any MCU film.

Mandon Knight always with the hot take :mnm:

Seriously though, ANY MCU film? While I don't think GL was the abomination some people make it out to be (I think it's OK) I prefer all MCU movies to it.

I'll never forget that first GL trailer. One of the first times I can remember a superhero trailer practically grabbing me by my face and screaming "I'M GOING TO DISAPPOINT YOU!!"

Personal taste, it's a new thing. You may of heard of it.

No totally. I agree. Green Lantern is top tier. Just a fantastic piece of cinema. Truly ahead of its time. Just everything about that movie blows the so called "talent" of the MCU out of the water. Robert Redford? Anthony Hopkins? Ben Kingsley? Kurt Russell? Cate Blanchett? Get outta here with those hacks.

There's nothing that compares to those moments of pure emotional impact with Ryan Reynolds and the female lead. And Tim Robbins. (he was in that right?)

Saw it 6 times in theaters and then bought the special edition blu ray to enjoy on a bi-weekly basis at home.

Last edited:

I always forget SR and GL even more so. I think my mind is trying to block it out - PTSD or something like that.

No totally. I agree. Green Lantern is top tier. Just a fantastic piece of cinema. Truly ahead of its time. Just everything about that movie blows the so called "talent" of the MCU out of the water. Robert Redford? Anthony Hopkins? Ben Kingsley? Get outta here with those hacks.

There's nothing that compares to those moments of pure emotional impact:
green-lantern-1P4r7AZTCcDRK

Saw it 6 times in theaters and then bought the special edition blu ray to enjoy on a bi-weekly basis at home.

Seriously....

I'll never forget that first GL trailer. One of the first times I can remember a superhero trailer practically grabbing me by my face and screaming "I'M GOING TO DISAPPOINT YOU!!"

The trailer made me really angry. That's a pretty rare reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"