The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Sony just pushed back Kraven the Hunter to December 13, 2024. And their Karate Kid movie is now opening May 30, 2025.

I'll tell the children. :csad:

6ba2d145-6783-45ea-9a5a-0906e5ccf9c3_200_10.gif

Man I feel old. I remember loving the original series of Dragonball as a kid , then Z came along in my early teens and shattered my whole world with such an incredible action . I like so many DBZ fans eagerly awaited the live action adaptation film only to get the dumpster fire known as Dragon Ball Evolution an agonizing abomination of Goku and the rest of the beloved characters.

You may as well just release Kraven today in whatever incomplete state it may be in. It's gonna lose a ton of money regardless when you put it out. August, December, 2024, 2025, tomorrow, it doesn't matter. It's going to suck. It's going to fail

Man I feel old. I remember loving the original series of Dragonball as a kid , then Z came along in my early teens and shattered my whole world with such an incredible action . I like so many DBZ fans eagerly awaited the live action adaptation film only to get the dumpster fire known as Dragon Ball Evolution an agonizing abomination of Goku and the rest of the beloved characters.

Don't forget Toriyama has now passed away.

You may as well just release Kraven today in whatever incomplete state it may be in. It's gonna lose a ton of money regardless when you put it out. August, December, 2024, 2025, tomorrow, it doesn't matter. It's going to suck. It's going to fail

The fact that Sony pushed it to a week before two big family movies is pretty telling. Barring the first two Scream movies, when was the last time an R rated film released around Christmas made over $100M domestic?

If it becomes a hit, it’ll be a Venom type anomaly. I don’t see Sony doing any reshoots to justify the delay either.

The fact that Sony pushed it to a week before two big family movies is pretty telling. Barring the first two Scream movies, when was the last time an R rated film released around Christmas made over $100M domestic?
American Sniper I think. Had to edit the post twice because first I thought it was Django Unchained, then Wolf of Wall Street. That was three consecutive years with a $100M+ domestic R-rated Christmas release.

American Sniper I think. Had to edit the post twice because first I thought it was Django Unchained, then Wolf of Wall Street. That was three consecutive years with a $100M+ domestic R-rated Christmas release.

Those movies had good buzz though. American Sniper was given a limited release on Christmas 2014 and got nationwide expansion on MLK weekend (it earned 99% of its earnings in January/February 2015).

I think Sony is covering their ass because if they REALLY wanted to dump Kraven, it would be in the post Thanksgiving weekend spot. Now that would be a major ouchie. Mid December 2024 looks better from a studio perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Link

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"