The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Ha, I wouldn’t be surprised if Superman and Batman II are at or near the top for most people here. Definitely no.1 and 2 for me for now.
I think they're by far my two most anticipated superhero projects. I'm mildly interested in 2-3 others but not particularly excited.

Fantastic Four and Superman are what im personally most anticipating out of the cbm genre as i feel like both of those done well could be just what the doctor ordered to resuscitate genre a bit.

I dont know why but as a kid i always had an affinity for the F4, and always wanted to see them done right. I used to love the 90s cartoon but could never figure out when it was on LOL. They are so long overdue for their splash and i THINK a big, epic, colorful, heartfelt, Steven Spielberg-like Fantastic Four movie could be a SMASH hit and change the game.

How do you rank Suicide Squad relative to the GoTG movies?
Vol. 3
Vol. 2
Peacemaker
The Suicide Squad
First Guardians

I have negative interest in basically every upcoming CBM project with a few exceptions. Hyped for The Batman Part II, I think the Joker sequel will be bad but super enjoyable because its a musical with Lady Gaga and I am 100% here for that, I will doubtlessly find Venom: The Last Dance delightful and I have a cautious mild optimism for Superman. Spiderverse too, of course.

Superman, The Batman Part II, and Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow are it for me as far as upcoming CBM’s go, and that’s more than enough! :mrk:

I have interest for anything Marvel, but what I am actually hyped for? Not much. I hope FF will be great and it's the project I am most interested in. But I also don't love some of the decisions they made and I have concerns. I hope it's great though.

Deadpool & Wolverine I liked the trailer and Venom 3 I think will be entertaining b-movie schlock again. But I cannot name a CBM I am truly 100% behind and enthusiastic for. Mostly just hoping the MCU movies are at least good.

Until I hear more information or see a trailer, I can say that there is no CBM release circled on my calendar as of right now.

Very few if any video game franchises have the appeal of Mario, broad across continents and ethnicities as well as generational dating back to the early 1980s. Sonic the Hedgehog does to a certain extent but didn’t hit the Mario animated movie’s height. I think Pokémon would have done better if it was something more recognizable than Detective Pikachu.

How do you rank Suicide Squad relative to the GoTG movies?

Well below. Gunn's SS could've been in that conversation if Peacemaker wasn't such an utterly awful character to watch, but he basically ruined that movie.

The first SS is way more fun than it has any right to be, but putting it and the words 'good movie' in the same sentence doesn't really fit.

Superman, The Batman Part II, and Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow are it for me as far as upcoming CBM’s go, and that’s more than enough! :mrk:

****, I forgot about Supergirl. That might actually be second place for me after the Thunderbolts. Though it also kind of has to wait and see how Superman turns out before I can really know how much I can get my hopes up for the new DC universe.

Ha, I wouldn’t be surprised if Superman and Batman II are at or near the top for most people here. Definitely no.1 and 2 for me for now.

For sure. The Batman II is in a league of its own, it's among my most expected films, not just superhero films. I have very high hopes for Gunn's Superman, I've really liked his last three superhero projects and I think he has an opportunity to do something genuinely refreshing with the character. Spider-Verse is a no-brainer. I have some excitement for Deadpool 3, not so much as a movie, but as a hopefully entertaining rollercoaster ride with a ton of X-Men cameos. Like No Way Home, but probably worse.

I look forward to The Batman Part II. That is the only one here I have complete and total faith in. But I am interested by Superman, Supergirl, and Thunderbolts as well.

TSS is vastly superior to SS in just about every imaginable way. Peacemaker wasn't supposed to be someone you liked in the film, but ruined it? I definitely disagree, but to each his own.

I'd put TSS over Vol 1 and 2, but just under 3. Peacemaker might be on par w TSS overall.

As far as CBM movies goes, I'm all for Superman and Part II. I wanna see who's directing WoT, but that story is so good and I like that King is involved. Deadpool 3 doesn't look like a real movie to me but it should be fun enough. I probably won't rush to see it. And nothing coming from the MCU seems interesting to me. Even stuff with actors I like like Blade (will it even happen), F4 or Thunderbolts.

Last edited:
Very few if any video game franchises have the appeal of Mario, broad across continents and ethnicities as well as generational dating back to the early 1980s. Sonic the Hedgehog does to a certain extent but didn’t hit the Mario animated movie’s height. I think Pokémon would have done better if it was something more recognizable than Detective Pikachu.
I do wonder if Sonic would have been better had they actually believed in the product and not try for the realism approach.

For sure. The Batman II is in a league of its own, it's among my most expected films, not just superhero films. I have very high hopes for Gunn's Superman, I've really liked his last three superhero projects and I think he has an opportunity to do something genuinely refreshing with the character. Spider-Verse is a no-brainer. I have some excitement for Deadpool 3, not so much as a movie, but as a hopefully entertaining rollercoaster ride with a ton of X-Men cameos. Like No Way Home, but probably worse.
I’ve got way more optimistic on Gunn’s Supes than when I first heard he was taking the reins. I was even a bit pissed off with him thinking he could manage the whole universe Feige-style as well as take on one of the biggest characters (who has struggled on film since the originals) and the crucial intro film to the whole thing. Since then it seems he is really committed to getting it right, has said many things that sit well with me and many Supes fans, and cast the film way better than I ever expected.

Spider-Verse of course, although I kind of just expect that to be great without a whole lot of doubt. Agreed on Deadpool. It’s a pure cameo event vehicle at this point which should be a ton of fun but probably a bit of a cluster**** as a film. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"