Guardians of the Galaxy The Collector Thread

I could see Korvac in GotG2 with maybe an avenger or two (maybe new ones) appearing to help the threat, but idk if I'd like it for an Avengers2 or 3 plot. That being said it's looking more and more difficult that Thanos will be fully wrapped up in this phase, but now with the large threats of Thanos, Korvac, and most likely Ultron being in the fold for the next 2 phases I'm curious to see what they do. You could maybe even through Kang in there somewhere (if Marvel has his rights I don't know.)

Oh an the Other being the Collector thing I can also see.. or the Other being someone else it just hasn't been revealed yet is something I've been thinking since Avengers as well. He's going to play a role in the future for sure.

Mephisto was Thanos' "right hand man" in the comics. Mephisto. ****in' Satan Himself. If Satan can be Thanos' henchy, anybody can.

And yes, I'm dead serious about The Other = The Collector.
I mean yeah but...the entire point of Collector's character was that he was collecting things to save the universe from Thanos. They'd be completely subverting his character. Based on the THR article, it also sounds like in the movie that will be the case as well, with him collecting things to save them from a foretold galactic annihilation. Only way it works is if Collector doesn't realize Thanos is the galactic annihilator and Thanos is playing the Collector, but I'd prefer if they kept it the original way.

And yeah, I'm just not buying the Other as the Collector. They're completely, totally different. I mean, what you're talking about is basically a different character than the Collector, and is only the Collector in name. Don't see Marvel doing that unless they don't have the rights to use the Collector's design and what not, which I highly doubt.

I mean, if Collector is supposed to be collecting things to save them from galactic annihilation, what is he even doing in Avengers? Just doesn't make sense.

Maybe.
Just remember that The Collector's prophecies included Korvac as well as Thanos, and plenty of other cosmic-level villains as well. This "annihilation" that DCMF mentioned in the THR article could mean anyone right now --- including the namesake of the Annihilation miniseries, if MS managed to secure the rights to Annihilus before Fox did.

I could see Korvac in GotG2 with maybe an avenger or two (maybe new ones) appearing to help the threat, but idk if I'd like it for an Avengers2 or 3 plot. That being said it's looking more and more difficult that Thanos will be fully wrapped up in this phase, but now with the large threats of Thanos, Korvac, and most likely Ultron being in the fold for the next 2 phases I'm curious to see what they do. You could maybe even through Kang in there somewhere (if Marvel has his rights I don't know.)
How so? It's looking to me more and more like he will be dealt with in this phase. I mean, obviously they can bring him back in later films and use him for more stories down the road, but in terms of his immediate threat I definitely see it getting dealt with in Avengers 2.

Maybe.
Just remember that The Collector's prophecies included Korvac as well as Thanos, and plenty of other cosmic-level villains as well. This "annihilation" that DCMF mentioned in the THR article could mean anyone right now --- including the namesake of the Annihilation miniseries, if MS managed to secure the rights to Annihilus before Fox did.
Yes, you're right about it being anyone...Thanos just makes the most sense from what we know right now.

How so? It's looking to me more and more like he will be dealt with in this phase. I mean, obviously they can bring him back in later films and use him for more stories down the road, but in terms of his immediate threat I definitely see it getting dealt with in Avengers 2.

I don't know, I just kind of get the vibe that Thanos could be like the father of the villains in the MCU or something basically pulling the string and he's the final force coming off the bench in the bottom of the 9th to destroy all since no one else could. I'd personally like them to wrap up his story in Avengers 2 and move onto Ultron or Korvac or Kang or whomever.

Eh, Thanos isn't that guy to me. Yeah he financed Loki, but he's not the type, and I really hope they don't make him the type, to create several villains just to **** with the Avengers. He probably used Loki and his army to invade Earth because he didn't think they were worth his own time, seeing as they were promised to be "cowering wretches" to him. After the Avengers defeated his army and Loki, and he was told fighting them would be courting Death, they have his attention.

In the comics, Thanos always does some crap out in the cosmic side of the universe that then results in a confrontation with the Avengers, and then he is defeated. At first it was ****ing with Captain Marvel and obtaining the Cosmic Cube to make himself omnipotent, requiring Marvel to call on the Avengers for help in stopping Thanos. The second time it was Thanos ****ing with Warlock and the Universal Church of Truth to get the Soul Gem to make it a weapon of mass destruction, which caused Warlock to call on the Avengers for help in defeating Thanos. I imagine it will be the same here.

I would say Christopher Lee, but I'm not sure he'd be up for it (he's getting on a bit now).

I know this is an extremely wild shot in the dark, but how about Morgan Freeman?

Assuming they decide to show Drax's origin (which I sorta hope to see, but am not convinced they will show), would it make sense to rewrite it, and make the Collector to be responsible for creating Drax?

Assuming they decide to show Drax's origin (which I sorta hope to see, but am not convinced they will show), would it make sense to rewrite it, and make the Collector to be responsible for creating Drax?

I wouldn't want that.

If he's collecting items and people to protect from/use against Thanos, then it kinda makes sense to have him collect Drax (but then again, why not take the rest of the Guardians too?) but I hope that personal history is kept between Drax and Thanos.

The Collector's schtick is collecting things not creating things. If he could create living weapons he wouldn't be into collecting as he'd use those against Thanos.

Thanks for the clarification!

Based on the descriptions so far, I do think it seems likely that the Collector could be responsible for at least getting the Guardians together in the first place. They will probably try to fight him to escape, and then he will send them into the future (where they meet up with Yondu?) to show them the foretold end of that universe at the hands of Thanos.

Perhaps El Mayimbe is a victim of the telephone game and when he released the news about The Controller he actually meant The Collector.

Speaking of Mayimbe, he says Lee Pace is playing the Controller.

Perhaps El Mayimbe is a victim of the telephone game and when he released the news about The Controller he actually meant The Collector.
People keep bringing this up. I don't think that's the case, it dosen't make sense. The Collector would not be a henchman of Thanos.

Don't know how I feel about the Controller possibly being the main villain. Hope that's not true.

i read screen rant speculating that the controller could be the villain and henchman of thanos for this movie.

People keep bringing this up. I don't think that's the case, it dosen't make sense. The Collector would not be a henchman of Thanos.

Don't know how I feel about the Controller possibly being the main villain. Hope that's not true.

eh. I didnt have my heart set on that theory.

I don't know how I feel about having one film starring both the Controller and Collector... but I'm sure those arent the names they will be called by, so it doesnt truly matter.

I prefer the idea of the Collector than the Controller. It sets the Collector apart as an opposing force to Thanos instead of the usual 'let's have all the villains allied with or serving one another'.

I want to see villains as enemies of each other for a change. It would set this film apart from other comic book movies.

Honestly, I hope The Controller rumor stays just that. A rumor. At least for now. With their other options being Korvac/Magus/Thanos/Collector... Such a phenomenal list of villains right there. Dont go reaching to the bottom of the barrel just yet.

eh. I didnt have my heart set on that theory.

I don't know how I feel about having one film starring both the Controller and Collector... but I'm sure those arent the names they will be called by, so it doesnt truly matter.
Um, I'm pretty sure that's the names they will be called...that's their only names.

Honestly, I hope The Controller rumor stays just that. A rumor. At least for now. With their other options being Korvac/Magus/Thanos/Collector... Such a phenomenal list of villains right there. Dont go reaching to the bottom of the barrel just yet.
Collector is pretty much confirmed to be in the movie. Controller being in it doesn't change that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"