Guardians of the Galaxy The Collector Thread

I need a real Marvel fan to answer a question for me....

What makes The Collector a villain? What actions does he take to come off as a bad guy in the Marvel story line?

I'm a huge MCU fan, but hadn't heard of The Collector previously so I looked him up. After reading about him, I thought he was a good guy. He foresees destruction, so he makes it his purpose to protect the universe by collecting powerful artifacts from each world to one day defend the universe from some evil entity (in MCU, probably Thanos.) Sounds like a pretty good guy to me... I'm curious to know why he is a bad guy.

I only read about him on the Infinity saga... I remember him with a huge collection composed by all kind of things, and one of them was required by Thanos (one of the gems, If I remember correctly) so that was the conflict. I think he's a guy who can be a villain or not.
But someone here must know much more than that.

I only read about him on the Infinity saga... I remember him with a huge collection composed by all kind of things, and one of them was required by Thanos (one of the gems, If I remember correctly) so that was the conflict. I think he's a guy who can be a villain or not.
But someone here must know much more than that.

See, and that's a conflict, but all stories have conflicts. And having a conflict with Thanos is, generally, not a villianous act. What on Earth did he do wrong?

The Collector was usually perceived as a villain because he went around essentially kidnapping superheroes to store in a museum. Ostensibly, he's "preserving" them, but the simple fact of the matter is that he's a cosmic kidnapper.

I have no idea how that's supposed to play out in GOTG. I suspect that the MCU version of "The Collector" is more into collecting powerful artifacts instead of people, but we'll see.

The Collector was usually perceived as a villain because he went around essentially kidnapping superheroes to store in a museum. Ostensibly, he's "preserving" them, but the simple fact of the matter is that he's a cosmic kidnapper.

I have no idea how that's supposed to play out in GOTG. I suspect that the MCU version of "The Collector" is more into collecting powerful artifacts instead of people, but we'll see.

Make him an anti-hero. You know? He COULD be someone who collects artifacts. However, his reason for doing so, could be because he KNOWS what Thanos is doing, and what he wants, so he tries to collect them and keep them stored away, so the universe will remain stable, and unchanged.

I think he'll initially be perceived by the Guardians, Nova Corps, and audience as a threat because of his seeming obsession with 'stealing' artifacts and people. This will probably lend to the notion of why Del Toro signed for a multi-picture deal--he'll be in a lot of the Phase 3 movies as someone preparing for Thanos' invasion of Earth which will probably lead to his demise.

So basically when they beat him, they'll have a few moments to wallow in their glory before realising (in A3?).... "Oh flup, he was right!!!!" :D

So anyone think Del Toro will sport white hair as the Collector or will they make him younger? He is meant to be an elder of the universe though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"