the Covenant

Triligors said:
Does it remind anybody else of the movie 'The lost boys'?

Yeah, "The Lost Boys" mixed with "The Craft".

Yet another PG-13 horror movie that looks like it will be cool but doesn't look like it will be scary in any way. Will wait for the dvd on this one.

<(o_o)> said:
Yet another PG-13 horror movie that looks like it will be cool but doesn't look like it will be scary in any way. Will wait for the dvd on this one.
I don't think it is suppossed to be scary.

Something about the main actors bothers me, I guess they are a little too "pretty boy" for me, but oh well. I might check it out nonetheless.

Two words.....Renny Harlin. :down::down:

Lighthouse said:
Two words.....Renny Harlin. :down::down:

Come on! Ford Fairlane, Diehard 2, Elm Street 4! Ok, you're right.

I saw the trailer on tv last night and it looked awful. The car exploding when it hits the truck and then reforming looked like an effect from 92. Just laughably awful.

Looks like some crap film from 1998.

I plan on seeing this movie in theaters...through I've read about an R cut. Don't know if it's true since the director said this film pushes it's PG-13.

Darth Elektra said:
The Covenant (2006)

In 1692, in the Ipswich Colony of Massachusetts, five families with untold power formed a covenant of silence. One family, lusting for more, was banished; their bloodline disappearing without a trace--until now. This thriller tells the story of the Sons of Ipswich, four young students at the elite Spencer Academy who are bound by their sacred ancestry. As descendants of the original families who settled in Ipswich Colony in the 1600's, the boys have all been born with special powers. When the body of a dead student is discovered after a party, secrets begin to unravel which threaten to break the covenant of silence that has protected their families for hundreds of years

The Fog + Skulls + Underworld= The Covenant

I'm debating on seeing this.
I probably will go see it, but I don't get the vibe to want to see it.
Seems kinda too ''teen''y for me.

Wolfwood said:
Something about the main actors bothers me, I guess they are a little too "pretty boy" for me, but oh well. I might check it out nonetheless.
Main reason I'll be watching. :p

Supernatural + Action + Pretty Boys = A movie I want to see. :up:

I think it has some potential. I'm gonna check it out for sure. I feel you on the Lost Boys comparison. I welcome that, I like Lost Boys.

Could swing either way, I like the concept, the look can range from looking cool to suckage, so like I said I'll wait for pre-buzz, but it's the kind of movie, critics love to hate and fanboys love to love, just to spite each other.

This looks likes some WWE fan managed to get a budget with some cool saturation techniques to match "hip" flicks like Underworld and The Matrix Revolutions and decided to make his own sci-fi epic....... featuring a cast and story line that can be currently seen on ABC Family.

It looks like The Craft a decade later with bad actors in place of good actresses and alot more special effects in place of alot less quality.

Wow. I didn't know being a sorcerer with murderous telikinetic powersd turned you into a male model. :o

This will attract a lot of females, most of whom spell the word magic m-a-g-i-c-k. And quite a few of the emo/goth populous.

This thread has been witness to this popcorn silly hiccp of a possibly enjoyable but definitely stupid movie compared to two of the greatest movies ever made (The Lost Boys and The Fog).

I don't know what to say.

Bad Superman said:
The Fog + Skulls + Underworld= The Covenant

Okay, there's a scene where it's foggy outside. . . .it's NEW ENGLAND! I don't think it's enough to say, oh, they're drawing influence from "The Fog".

As for Underworld comparisons, that's just deliberate work of the marketing department for Screen Gems. The aped just about everything they did in cutting the trailers for the Underworld films for this new movie; the whole "rotating artifact behind the scrolling taglines. . ." thing.

I'd say comparisons to The Craft are the closest; Four friends at a private school sharing a bond through supernatural powers.

This movie (IMO) looks like crap. I saw the preview a few weeks ago and I was "Oh, look... it's 'Dawson's Matrix.'" A bunch of rich brats happen to have supernatural powers and use them for playing stupid pranks until the predictably evil, more powerful one shows up and then they have to actually... oh, I don't know... do something heroic? YAWN. And seriously, was I the only one who honest to God couldn't tell the hero and the villain apart when I was watching the preview? Could they have gotten a pair of guys who looked MORE alike? I swear... these stupid teen horror/sci-fi movies create these actors with human cookie cutters or something. I'll die of shock of this movie actually turns out to be good. But judging by that "self-disassembling and reassembling Mustang" scene, my guess is this entire movie is going to be something that should have ended up as a failed pilot for a WB series.

This movie looks like the inside of an *******. And we're talking about the ******* of an extremely fat and hairy man.

Not too good, I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"