the Covenant

theShape said:
This movie looks like the inside of an *******. And we're talking about the ******* of an extremely fat and hairy man.

Not too good, I'd say.

Very true. But most likely, it will attract scores of wannabe goth teens who worship bands like Evanescence and think "The Craft" is the greatest movie ever made.

That-Guy said:
Very true. But most likely, it will attract scores of wannabe goth teens who worship bands like Evanescence and think "The Craft" is the greatest movie ever made.

It'll make like...10 mil. And then we'll never hear of it again.

theShape said:
It'll make like...10 mil. And then we'll never hear of it again.
Good estimate. Yahoo Movies have it at 9.

Anyone seen this movie? Have any views on it?

As for the movie turning us into goths. I think not. I'm also a fan of The Craft, and I remain resolutely non-goth.

^Saw it last night, and the best way to describe it would be a live action version of a horror/goth novel or one of those anime that features extremely pretty boys. That's basically what it is. The male equivalent of all those movies that showcase female "fan service" shots.

Extremely pretty boys. That's all I needed to know. Now the wait for the UK release. :p

It looks interesting enough..not that I'll pay 10 bucks to see it. Mitches(male witches) with the acting range of A&F models...OH WAIT DUH!!!

It was ok, pretty much what I expected; horrible dialogue, mediocre acting, and cool visuals and music.

Worth a viewing, but forgettable.

That-Guy said:

I'm not goth at all, and I loved The Craft.

So what is the film like, I watched the trailer might see it when its out.

It's like The Craft and The Lost Boys, but with much less talented actors and much bigger visuals because of todays technology.

So it's a Hollywood Bishounen/teen horror flick? No problem! I'll assemble the Sailor Scouts to kick their ass!

Damn, had I not already blown cash on seeing movies like Pulse and Fast and The Furious 3, I might consider seeing The Covanent. It'll be on cable in a year, or I'll get it on Netflix in about three months.

i saw this last night... it wasn't bad at all, not great or anything, but definately worth a view (maybe on dvd, depending how much you care to see it)

but yeah, pretty much what everyone's been saying: cool visuals, blah acting, mediocre dialogue, etc...

That-Guy said:

I worship amy lee:woot: ..and the band is cool too:)

terry78 said:
^Saw it last night, and the best way to describe it would be a live action version of a horror/goth novel or one of those anime that features extremely pretty boys. That's basically what it is. The male equivalent of all those movies that showcase female "fan service" shots.
this was nothing like an anime movie!:cmad:

terry78 said:

I was thoroughly thankful of those fan service shots! THANK TEH LAWD! :woot: :o

vibeke_T said:
http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/766/766537/img_3777242.html

you can see the photographer in this still...is that normal?

LOL!!! That's hilarious! And not normal.

I saw this movie a couple weeks ago cause I was able to get some free passes.

Not very good. Rent it. I'm glad I didn't pay.

It was nothing more than an excuse to have CG stunts, effects, etc. I had a feeling when I was watching it that a lot of people will feel snookered into seeing this movie because the previews basically showcase nothing but the cgi and effects (which wasn't even that good). .

It's a hodge-podge of Lost Boys, The Craft, Skulls, Blair Witch 2, and a bunch of other movies of the same vein.

I honestly forgot about it the second I left the theater.

But that's just me.

The writer just sucked, basically. I could have written something better.

Maybe there will be a sequel and they can hire me to write it.

Stormyprecious said:
I'm not goth at all, and I loved The Craft.

Hey, don't get me wrong... I wasn't saying that EVERYONE who liked the craft is some sort of goth; just that I've met a lot of supposed goths who think that movie is the end-all, be-all of modern filmmaking.

I saw it two weeks ago.
Basically a teen goth movie that sucks.
Go figure. :whatever:
It's a Lost Boys/Craft mix.

The got into it at some parts, but other than that, it was OK. Wasn't the best movie, but also wasn't a super terrible one. One thing that got me was the ability to do whatever you wanted. All that power, and
in the final battle, all they want to do is shoot strings and water balls
:whatever:

I gave it a 5/10.

hammerhedd11 said:
Is there a lot of action in the movie?

The movie is mainly suspense/mystery.
It does has some action, but I wouldn't classify this movie has an action movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"