the marine

Caliber said:
This movie looks like Comando 2.

Commando 2 would have probably been better than the Marine anyways.

I suspect it will get good reviews which say that it's a throwback to the days of the macho action hero, and it's "so bad it's good" type of things.

terry78 said:
I suspect it will get good reviews which say that it's a throwback to the days of the macho action hero, and it's "so bad it's good" type of things.
thats a good thing:ninja:

The Joker said:
John Cena is an awful wrestler. John Cena has no mic skills at all. John Cena doesn't know how to properly salute (what the hell is the 3 fingers pointing up thing he does???) John Cena appears to only have 2 lines of dialoug in the movie from the trailers, and his name in it is John, probably because he's so f**king stupid he couldn't remember another name. Robert Patrick needed some cash. This movie looks f**king awful :o

Well said. :woot:

Just as Edge said, the only thing he does well is "throw his fists around like a ******ed gorilla."

Haha, all I had to see was the poster for this movie and I knew it was going to suck. Then I saw the trailer and I actually got depressed because I saw Kelly Carlson and thought, "aww crap, Kimber must be desperate for work since the producers of Nip/Tuck have reduced her to only being an occasional guest star."

Anyway, I don't watch wrestling, so I had no idea Cena is some sort of wannabe rapper. That makes me laugh because last year he was a guest judge on NASHVILLE STAR of all places. Apparently all the thugs listen to country music while chillin' in da hood. He came off like a total dick on that show, as he also does on those stupid WWE promos that USA plays all the time.

In conclusion, this movie looks about as good as Howie Long's 90's action bomb, Firestorm, only ths movie is probably worse because since it's called "The Marine," it will probably include a lot of subtle pro-war propaganda. Plus, in the trailer I saw, they kept making f**king Terminator references. "Who is this guy? The TERMINATOR?" "He's WORSE than the TERMINATOR!" Alright! Robert Patrick was in Terminator 2! We f**king get it, already! Or maybe they're attempting to homage the Terminator films because they actually think those movies were classics. Now granted, compared to most action movies, I'll admit, they're pretty good. But when you really start to pick them apart, you have to admit, they don't make a lot of sense. I mean, apparently, in the future, Artificial Intelligence isn't very intelligent. "Hmm, we have to send a covert agent into Los Angeles California to kill someone. Let's make him a HUGE, MUSCLEBOUND guy with a thick AUSTRIAN accent. Yeah, that won't attract ANY attention! They'll never see him coming!"

That-Guy said:
Haha, all I had to see was the poster for this movie and I knew it was going to suck. Then I saw the trailer and I actually got depressed because I saw Kelly Carlson and thought, "aww crap, Kimber must be desperate for work since the producers of Nip/Tuck have reduced her to only being an occasional guest star."

Anyway, I don't watch wrestling, so I had no idea Cena is some sort of wannabe rapper. That makes me laugh because last year he was a guest judge on NASHVILLE STAR of all places. Apparently all the thugs listen to country music while chillin' in da hood. He came off like a total dick on that show, as he also does on those stupid WWE promos that USA plays all the time.

In conclusion, this movie looks about as good as Howie Long's 90's action bomb, Firestorm, only ths movie is probably worse because since it's called "The Marine," it will probably include a lot of subtle pro-war propaganda. Plus, in the trailer I saw, they kept making f**king Terminator references. "Who is this guy? The TERMINATOR?" "He's WORSE than the TERMINATOR!" Alright! Robert Patrick was in Terminator 2! We f**king get it, already! Or maybe they're attempting to homage the Terminator films because they actually think those movies were classics. Now granted, compared to most action movies, I'll admit, they're pretty good. But when you really start to pick them apart, you have to admit, they don't make a lot of sense. I mean, apparently, in the future, Artificial Intelligence isn't very intelligent. "Hmm, we have to send a covert agent into Los Angeles California to kill someone. Let's make him a HUGE, MUSCLEBOUND guy with a thick AUSTRIAN accent. Yeah, that won't attract ANY attention! They'll never see him coming!"

and your point is? and who said he was covert? his mission was to kill sarah conner, if and when he completed that he would self terminate.

I suppose. But I just think it would have made his mission a lot easier if he didn't stand out as much.

I'm seeing this. I honestly want to. Sometimes a man just needs to go see a movie that's simply action packed "you took something from me, I'm gettin' my revenge" type ****. Screw depth and dialogue, on occasion I need my most primitive urges taken care of.

Movie looks like a big dumb thing, like Cena himself. Cena = lovechild of Hulk and Matt Damon.

I'm seeing this for sure. It looks pretty awesome, I think. After I see this, however, i'm going to see The Grudge 2. :o

Let's see. Big, bulky guy with lots of gun and beating people in the faces a lot, jumping from explosions (or to explosions) and bad guys that piss him off.
Sounds like a regular old classic action flick......

Yup, i'll be seeing it.

terry78 said:
I'm seeing this. I honestly want to. Sometimes a man just needs to go see a movie that's simply action packed "you took something from me, I'm gettin' my revenge" type ****. Screw depth and dialogue, on occasion I need my most primitive urges taken care of.

YES!!! You speak my language man. Pick up a gun and blow the freakin bad guys away!! And then punch a few of them in the face for good measure. = Good kick butt straight-up action flick.

I've actually missed that style. Arnold in his last few movies was always trying to do "new things" Yeah...when I went to an Arnold movie all I wanted was to see him carring big freakin guns and shooting stuff. That's all. :p It's a guy flick.

This movie was hilarious. i don't mean unintentionally funny, I mean basically an action comedy. They fully knew how goofy the concept was, and made it tongue in cheek. One of the bad guys has a fear of rock candy due to his camp counselor offering him rock candy as a child and sodomizing him afterwards. It's funnier on the screen. :o

:dry:

John Cena in a feature film? Oh, how far the business has fallen . . . .

terry78 said:
This movie was hilarious. i don't mean unintentionally funny, I mean basically an action comedy. They fully knew how goofy the concept was, and made it tongue in cheek. One of the bad guys has a fear of rock candy due to his camp counselor offering him rock candy as a child and sodomizing him afterwards. It's funnier on the screen. :o

*SPOLIERS*

I liked the character of Morgan. Wacky trigger happy fool. Can't believe that's why he feared rock candy. I was happy that it took 15-20 minutes for Cena/Titan to meet the bad guys. Thought it would be 5 mins in with flashbacks to his time in the special forces. Shocked he threw the attractive bad woman out the truck through a bus window, which sliced her (off screen). Was nice seeing all that blood hit the diamonds.

8.1/10.

GhostPoet said:
Let's see. Big, bulky guy with lots of gun and beating people in the faces a lot, jumping from explosions (or to explosions) and bad guys that piss him off.
Sounds like a regular old classic action flick......

Yup, i'll be seeing it.

Yep.
I'm seeing it tomorrow or something.

That-Guy said:
I suppose. But I just think it would have made his mission a lot easier if he didn't stand out as much.

lance hendrickson was originally cast to play the terminator for just this reason. they also almost cast O.J. Simpson, but didn't because nobody believed him as a killer.

I just got back. It was pretty good. Mindless popcorn action film, pretty much what I expected. Ten bazillion explosions, bad guys shooting at Super Cena for 30 minutes without hitting him, the usual. Some of the music was kind of weird and distracting, and people laughed at the 9,000 explosions. Not too bad, as I said, it was pretty much just as I expected it to be. :)

Kelly Carlson was damn sexy as well. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"