The Cranberries (the band) appreciation thread

Man-Thing

Avenger
Reaction score
There once was a band from Limerick, who were totally awesome!

Cranberries__The___no_need_to_argue_1.JPG

6107_cranberries.jpg

IMO, the best band to ever to be fronted by a female.:up:

(she's cute too)
cranberries.jpg

For those of you who have never heard them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNF65J2QU2Y&search=cranberries dreams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbPif4kBAFk&search=cranberries zombie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAre9ik8ts8&search=cranberries go your own way

Oh how I miss them.:(

But apparantly Dolores O'Riordan has a solo album comming out soon.:up:

So who else shares in my love with The Cranberries?:daredevil

Meh, they did one good song (Dreams) only to have Faye Wong produce a vastly superior version which appears on the film ChungKing Express.

Flame on! said:
Meh, they did one good song (Dreams) only to have Faye Wong produce a vastly superior version which appears on the film ChungKing Express.

IMO (which is actually fact), you are insane.:down

I loved The Cranberries ever since they came out with their first album, which was odd because back then I was really into death metal

last saturday, we were playing and some idiot started yelling that we should play a cranberries song, maybe due to the fact that we are three guys and a girl on the band, we told him to **** off and everybody laughed at the dude

then we played the intro to zombie and Leslie said "**** you"

Actually, if you like that Irish stuff, you should check out Juliette Turner. She's like the Corrs, only, y'know, good.

PLAS said:
I loved The Cranberries ever since they came out with their first album, which was odd because back then I was really into death metal

last saturday, we were playing and some idiot started yelling that we should play a cranberries song, maybe due to the fact that we are three guys and a girl on the band, we told him to **** off and everybody laughed at the dude

cool,
I always thought a cover of dreams would be cool with a hard rock twist. I think it would be fairly easy to pull of too. The whole song is basically an E and G chords, so just add some embelishments and there you go.:up:

Man-Thing said:
I always thought a cover of dreams would be cool with a hard rock twist. I think it would be fairly easy to pull of too. The whole song is basically an E and G chords, so just add some embelishments and there you go.:up:
FAYE WONG!

PLAS said:

You're in a band, huh?
i didn't know that. That's pretty cool:up:

I find it to be one of those rare covers that are better than the original. The only other one that springs to mind is Superstar by Sonic Youth.

Which you can find here...

I remember The Cranberries. They did that song "Linger", right? Cool song. Never really a big fan, though.

I also disagree with the original poster's statement that they are the best band ever to be fronted by a female. Heart will forever hold that title.

yeah i like the cranberries. haven't got any of their albums, but i remember zombie linger promises.

Yes! Congradulations to the first band that really recorded music that you couldn't understand the lyrics to...many many years later we're still singing,

"Eee-yo-head, e-yo-hea-eh-yah-ed, by may, by men, by-i may-a, may-a, may-a, may-a, oh-o, oh-o, oh-o, oh-o..."

Seriously, I know I enjoyed them

Hades said:
You're in a band, huh?
i didn't know that. That's pretty cool:up:
two bands, actually, El Estado, which is an industrial metal band where I sing and play guitar and Varzovia which is more of an indie garage pop band where I just play guitar and do backing vox

Prognosticator said:
Yes! Congradulations to the first band that really recorded music that you couldn't understand the lyrics to...many many years later we're still singing,

"Eee-yo-head, e-yo-hea-eh-yah-ed, by may, by men, by-i may-a, may-a, may-a, may-a, oh-o, oh-o, oh-o, oh-o..."

Seriously, I know I enjoyed them
aren't all cranberries songs like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"