The Create-A-Post Thread

Same here, although I've been going back and learning myself about the lore.

The only thing keeping me from playing The Master in "From The Pages Of..." is that Red Robin, the current Doctor, seems to have disappeared. But this is basically the direction I'd go in.
I would totally play the Doctor opposite you :up: An excellent post.

Nah, I had no short term plans, which is never a good idea.

Nah, I had no short term plans, which is never a good idea.

Oh. Well, I could help with that if there were a Doom/Magneto team up. Still, we should Who it up over in "From The Pages Of..." They could use a Superman/Captain America type as well as a universal big bad. The Doctor and The Master are as good a choice for either role as any.

We already have a Doctor.

But it's been over a month since the last post.

Inspired by Q, here's a crossover that I would kill to see......

"You're sure they're going to listen?"

"If I were sure of that, I wouldn't have brought the two of you along."

"You know I'm here to act as a keeper of the peace, not a means of intimidation."

"Same thing, when you get right down to it."

"That's not what I meant, but yes, I suppose having him here will give our side of the negotiations a little more...weight."

"Okay then," the man in black robes said as their small shuttle approached the massive white capital ship in the viewport. "Time to meet the neighbors."

The shuttle was the only ship that dared to go anywhere near the gleaming Imperial-class Star Destroyer Chimaera that loomed over the skyline of Coruscant. Not too long ago, such a sight was commonplace, while Palpatine and his brutal right hand Vader held this world in their clutches as Imperial Center. Now, the gleaming planet-wide metropolis had learned to breathe free again as capital of the New Republic, a nation which had fought long and hard to secure its freedom.

Today would mark the ending of a long and devastating series of wars that had left untold trillions dead. Today marked the signing of a lasting cease-fire between the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant. And while the Imperials had gone through a lengthy process to determine their representatives for the event, the Republic had no trouble in choosing who would stand for them:

As the shuttle settled securely in the gaping maw that was the Chimaera's docking bay, out stepped Senator Leia Organa-Solo, dressed in an elegant but not extravagant white gown that bore an intentional likeness to her clothing from the days where she served as a mole for the Rebellion on the Imperial Senate.

Stepping out next was her one allowed guest, his blue jacket slightly wrinkled, as he had never quite gotten used to the life of luxury that comes from being married to a Senator. Retired General Han Solo eyed the lines of Imperial Stormtroopers carefully, a playful smirk on his face, his right hand subconsciously resting on his blaster.

While the officers and Stormtroopers stood at attention for the Senator or nodded respectfully towards a worthy adversary like General Solo, there was a wave of gasps as they saw a man in black robes step out from the shuttle behind them. His face was aged well before its time, the result of having seen far too much for far too long, but his eyes were the very picture of serenity. Even with his peaceful composure and his movements giving every indication that he meant none of them harm, it was difficult for many of the Imperials not to begin nervously shaking in his presence....especially those who were old enough to have served under Vader.

Luke Skywalker, Grand Master of the New Jedi Order, followed his two oldest and dearest friends to the bridge, where they were greeted by a man in a flawless white military uniform--the garb of the Imperial Grand Admiral.

"My name is Grand Admiral Gilad Pellaeon, the new supreme commander of the Imperial Remnant. Though my ascension comes under less than desirable circumstances," he said, referencing the assassination of the long-dreaded Grand Admiral Thrawn, "I can assure you that I am by no means a mere substitute. Although, I must say, I know my own reputation is quite easily dwarfed by the three of you. Was it necessary to send a Senator, a war hero, and a Jedi Master for these proceedings?"

"My husband is merely here for moral support, Grand Admiral Pellaeon," Leia reassured the Imperial general. "My brother is here because the Jedi Order have every bit as much of an interest in stabilizing the Galaxy as either the Republic or the Empire. Neither will take any part in the actual negotiations. To that end, it will be just you and me."

Admiral Pellaeon eyed Solo and Skywalker warily, then nodded, and gestured to the table behind him.

"Shall we begin, then?"

*BOOOOOOOM!!!!!*

The hull of the Chimaera rocked and shuddered from a violent explosion, all hands on board the bridge knocked off balance by the jolt.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Pellaeon shouted in outrage. "The Republic calls for a cease-fire, then attacks my ship when we come in peace?!"

"That wasn't us, Admiral!"
Leia responded indignantly. "Why would my government send the three of us up here just to have us killed along with you?"

"She's right,"
Luke said, practically staggering after what he had detected through the Force "I can feel....so many of them. Millions. And in every one of their minds, there is only hate. As if it's all they're capable of feeling....something terrible is happening."

"Yeah, but....who are they?"

"Just see for yourself," Leia said as she looked out of the viewport to the planet below.

All around them, huge disc-shaped warships hovered over the gleaming spires of the Republic capital, bolts of bright blue energy slamming into buildings and blasting them apart. Out from these ships poured unknown tiny objects, roughly the size of a human but nothing resembling the shape of one, whizzing through the air and blowing starships and speeders out of the sky.

The Chimaera was rocked by another explosion, and another.

"All troops to battle stations! Scramble all Fighters and Interceptors! This is a full alert!" Pellaeon barked orders into the ship's comm system. "If you encounter any Republic forces in the air, do not engage! The new attackers are our top priority!"

"We're going to have to fight our way out of here," Luke announced to his friends and the Admiral. "They're coming."

"I'd say I hope you're wrong," Han said as he drew his blaster from the holster, "but I've known you for too long to expect it."

"Admiral, we have multiple hull breaches on decks four through seven!" a voice shouted on the other end of the comm. "The enemy has---they're here! We've been boarded! Admiral, we must get you to the escape pods before --AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!"

The Imperial Officer's dying scream was not the end of the transmission, however, as the line remained active. Seconds later, a series of horrible, screeching electronic voices could be heard.

"PLANETFALL ON CORUSCANT IS COMPLETED! ATTACK CORRIDOR ESTABLISHED! BATTLE-FLEET IN FORMATION!"

"MULTIPLE LIFE FORMS DETECTED! PRIORITY HOSTILE DETECTED ON THE BRIDGE! MOVE TO LOCATION AND EXTERMINATE ALL LIFE FORMS!"
"I OBEY!"

"Admiral, Leia, stay behind me,"
Luke said calmly to them, the Jedi Master drawing his lightsaber from his belt. On the other side of the door, dozens of Stormtroopers were firing their blasters, the sound of their gunfire cut off by their screams.

Han aimed his blaster at the heavy blast door, waiting for whatever was behind it to get through. The room resounded with a snap-hisssss followed by a deadly hum as Luke's lightsaber activated, its lethal green blade ready.

"Here they come."

With a loud BOOOOOM, the blast doors blew apart, and in through the smoke and the rubble came the hateful things that had caught the most treasured planet in the Galaxy unaware.

evolutionofthedaleks2.jpg

"EXTERMINATE!"
"EXTERMINATE!"
"EXTERMINATE!"

Last edited:
I'm no big Who fan - I've only watched two seasons - but I always found the Daleks underwhelming, personally.

The Daleks I think have a bad case of Darth-Vader-Syndrome, where they have to rely on the instantly-recognizable voices and the scary music to overcome the fact that they look really silly. That being said, a Dalek in a fight is no slouch, mainly because of that insta-kill laser gun of theirs.

Last edited:
The Daleks I think have a bad case of Darth-Vader-Syndrome, where they have to rely on the instantly-recognizable voices and the scary music to overcome the fact that they look really silly. That being said, a Dalek in a fight is no slouch, mainly because of that insta-kill laser gun of theirs.

I think their over all persona and abilities more than make up for their appearance. So what if they look like goofy salt shakers? They're foot soldiers of a fascist empire who's closest thing to a religion is institutionalized worship of their state, the idea that they are the perfect form of life, and absolute hatred of all other forms of life, and who's sole purpose in life is to cause all other creatures to suffer and die as much as possible. And they have laser beams with power settings ranging from "kill someone slowly and painfully" to "demolish a skyscraper." They look goofy, but they're scary in action.

I've got a great uber-crossover in mind that I've always wanted to write a complete fan-fic for, but I've never had a time or a place to do it. Anyway, I think I'll write an intro/teaser for it at some point this weekend.

I think their over all persona and abilities more than make up for their appearance. So what if they look like goofy salt shakers? They're foot soldiers of a fascist empire who's closest thing to a religion is institutionalized worship of their state, the idea that they are the perfect form of life, and absolute hatred of all other forms of life, and who's sole purpose in life is to cause all other creatures to suffer and die as much as possible. And they have laser beams with power settings ranging from "kill someone slowly and painfully" to "demolish a skyscraper." They look goofy, but they're scary in action.

Well said. The Series 4 finale 'The Stolen Earth' was a great example of how the Daleks simply are not to be ****ed with. Although the follow-up 'Journey's End' did get a little silly.

Okay, so I just want to preface/explain where the following post came from. It's basically a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen-type deal with basically everything that helped shape my childhood smashed into one universe. It's what me and my friends would play like when we were younger, and it's a concept that has never truly left my mind, and I've added newer material as I saw fit, and subtracted stuff that I felt didn't fir with the overall feel of the universe. It may not be the best or most original story, but it's something I've always want to put down on a hard copy and out of my mind.

Anyway, this is just kind of a teaser that gives the overall feel of the Universe as well as some of the different characters/universes that make it up. Here we go...

The Shadow Wars
Episode I:part 1
Darkness Rising

The troop transport jostles me from my meditation, bringing me back into the present, and out of my mind. Looking around at the vessel’s seating area, I can’t help but marvel at the commandos surrounding me. They’re battle hardened, confident, and obviously ready for the battle to come. Me on the other hand? Well, let’s just say this will be my first foray onto the field of war. Pressure right?

Don’t get me wrong, being a Jedi has put me in the middle of some pretty hairy situations. But this is war. This isn’t a skirmish with a few Imperial Remnant stormtroopers, or one or two dark Jedi. This is war.

“Calm yourself, Padawan,” Jedi Master Kyle Katarn says from the seat next to me. “Allow the Force to flow through you. Remember, it calms us and gives us strength. With it on our side, the coming darkness will not be able to defeat us.”

I nod and offer him a slight smile. Master Katarn has been my Jedi Master for almost nine years at this point, and I couldn’t have asked for a better teacher. He was brave, strong, wise, and a terrific lightsaber instructor. But sometimes I feel like I’ll never be a great hero like him and Master Skywalker. “I know, Master. I try.”

“Remember, as Master Skywalker has said, ‘Do or do not. There is no try.’” He replies with a wink, which I return with a smile.

Of course, in the coming conflict, “do or do not” translates to “live or die.”

Twelve years ago

“Feel the air around you, my son,” my father commands as the two of us meditate in a field behind our house on the planet Gaia. The sun is shining brightly, and the wind whips through the long grass around us. “It calls to you, surrounds you, and you can control it. It will bend to your will as if it were and extension of your body. But always respect its power. For if you do not, it will consume you.”

I move slowly through the motions of our Tai Chi regimen, and head his instructions. The wind on the plains begins to whip around us. I concentrate harder, and the gales pick the two of us off the ground and into the sky. I take a seated, meditative position, and my father does the same as we begin to circle one another in the cyclone. After a few moments of doing so, we settle back down onto the grass, father smiling from ear to ear, “You have learned so much, my son. I am proud of you. Never forget that…and never forget where you came from.”

Tears begin to well up in father’s eyes, and I cannot blame him for it. But his request is an easy one. Where I came from. Gaia. A beautiful planet on the edge of the Outer Rim. It was quiet, and relatively peaceful. But our people held and ancient power to control the four elements of the universe: fire, water, earth, and air. Each nation on our planet controlled one of the said elements, and none could master the others. Except for one. Except for me. I have the ability to harness all four of the elements to do my biding.

I’m special. Or so they say. I’m one of the ones the prophecy for told of. One of the heroes that would vanquish the darkness and bathe the galaxy in light.

And on top of that, I was marked for Jedi training almost the day I was born, and am leaving tomorrow. Leaving Gaia. Leaving father.

But I will never forget this place. I will never forget my father, or my friends. But most of all, I will not forget my duty or my destiny.

After all, how does one forget they are supposed to be a great hero?

How does one forget that they are the Avatar?

Now

The transport sets down in a lush, green field that make up the grounds of the castle-like fortification that the assembled Allied force has taken up as their base of operations. It was where they were to make the first stand against the tide of shadows that was rolling across the various star systems of the galaxy. It was where they would show the darkness that they would not go quietly without a fight.

The troops around me stand and march out it militaristic regularity, and Master Katarn and I follow closely behind. The view from outside of the transport is both breathtaking and frightening. Artillery and tanks line the ridge of the hill which the castle rests upon, and soldiers mill about the otherwise tranquil grounds.

It’s good to feel good, strong earth underneath my feet. Whether it’s derived from my ancestral powers or from some other irrational dislike, but I've always hated space travel. It always seems so cold and...dead in space.

Master Katarn and I walk briskly towards the castle, and on the way I feel many familiar presences in the Force, and I cannot help but smile. As we approach the frontal command center, I sneak up behind two fellow padawans and drape my arms over their shoulders, “So, who’s ready to take on some bad guys.”

“Aang!” the male Jedi turns and gives me a hug, “It’s good to see you!”

“Same to you, Jacen,” I respond with a smile, before turning to the other and bowing. “Jaina.”

“Terrific to see you, Aang,” she says returning the bow with a slight smile. “I hope we are ready. Because I’m sure they will be.”

Seven years ago

A lightsaber comes down towards me, and I react quickly to bring mine up to smack the attack away. I harness the Force and push away from my attacker, which sends him sliding backwards. But just as I stand and enter a defensive stand, a second saber attempts to strike me from the other side.

In a flurry of light and the sounds of clashing sabers, the two sabers swing wildly at me. Allowing myself to be fully immersed in the Force, my movements come with blinding speed. Unfortunately so do theirs, and I’m quickly forced back towards the room’s wall.

Before getting there, however, I spring of the ground, and summon a gust of air beneath me, launching myself into the air even higher. Once I reach my highest point, I toss my saber towards the others, guiding it, and myself, down with the Force. The blade strikes the others, but the training setting barely singes the hairs on their hands.

As I land, Jaina Solo complains, “That’s no fair! He used his bending powers!”

“Jaina, a Jedi must use all the skills at their disposal, as well as being ready for all of his opponents. Remember that my apprentices,” a calm, confident voice calls from the corner of the room. Jedi Master Luke Skywalker motions for us, along with Jaina’s brother Jacen, to sit at his feet. “The three have you have become very close these past few years, along with becoming excellent students. I merely sat you down to say how very proud I am of you. Now, go have some fun, and keep up the good work.”

“Thank you, Master Skywalker!” the three of us reply, each of us smiling at each other.

Now

As Jacen, Jaina, and I reminisce and catch up on each other’s activities from the past few months, Master Skywalker exits the castle’s front gates into the courtyard we’ve been lounging in. His look is calm, but obviously focused on the hardships that lie in all of our direct futures.

“Jedi!” he calls out to all of us assembled. “Please follow me. The local generals wish to speak with us. And yes, that means you as well, padawans.”

Three years ago

“Is it true, Masters?” I ask sheepishly. Luke and Kyle both turn to me, obviously the same horrible thoughts going through their heads. “Is it true on of the dark ones has returned?”

“We are not sure, young one,” Master Katarn replies. “We’re still attempting to discern whether or not it is true.”

“If it is…I’m ready. I know what I have to do,” I say with the slightest shutter in my voice.

Master Skywalker approaches me and takes a knee, “We know you are ready, Aang. And you must know, when you face this evil, you will not be alone. All the forces of the light will be by your side.”

Now

As we traverse the winding halls of the castle, I can’t help but marvel at the native people as the rush to secure its defenses in the face of the oncoming onslaught. They put up shields and protections I could only have dreamed of as if they were the simplest of tasks.

After what seems like a millennia of hallways, we reach a large antechamber, where a great many robed inividuals are huddled over a three-dimensional map of the castle and its surroundings.

As we enter, one of them, an ancient looking man with a long beard and half-moon glasses approaches us with his arms spread wide in a welcoming posture. “Master Jedi! I’m glad you are here. And I fear it’s not a moment too soon, for you see…”

dumbledore.jpg

“Evil is about to fall on Hogwarts.”

Last edited:
Well said. The Series 4 finale 'The Stolen Earth' was a great example of how the Daleks simply are not to be ****ed with. Although the follow-up 'Journey's End' did get a little silly.

And what makes it all the more hilarious is that these evil foot soldiers of hatred and nightmares incarnate were originally created solely for the purpose of teaching children about static electricity.

Here's a story I'd love to write for All-Star Marvel, but I'm already carrying three characters, so instead I'll just give a taste here:

NEW YORK CITY
CHINATOWN
RED DRAGON DOJO

The bell on the door rings softly throughout the empty dojo. "Sorry, we're closed," announces a pleasant voice from an adjoining room. Moments later, a blond-haired man steps out. While drying his hands with a white towel, he repeats, "We just closed, sir. Come back tomorrow."

The grizzled old man keeps his hands buried in his pockets. "Daniel Rand, son of Wendell Rand?" he asks, his voice deep and scratchy from countless years of smoking and drinking.

Danny narrows his eyes suspiciously. "I'm him," he answers, still unsure how this stranger knew his father's name. Danny finishes with the towel and lets it drop to the floor. He begins sizing up the stranger as a reflex.

"I can't explain everything here," the stranger explains urgently. "Suffice it to say, you're in grave danger." He checks over his shoulder before shifting his narrow gaze back to Danny. "My name is Orson Randall, and you really need to come with me."

Danny notices suspicious bulges underneath the man's jacket. If he's armed, this could be a very lopsided fight. "I think you should leave," Danny says slowly. He subtly plants his feet and locates his center-of-balance, ready to strike on a moment's notice.

"Daniel, there's no time for this," Randall grunts irritably. "He's coming for you right now."

"Who's comi--?"

Before Danny can finish, a black car screeches past the dojo. On its second pass, an unseen passenger holds an Uzi out the window and opens fire. Danny ducks behind a counter while Randall reaches into his jacket. Drawing two M1911 pistols, Randall spins and returns fire on the attackers.

"****!"

Suddenly, Randall's hands begin to glow a burning orange. The bullets from his gun sail across the dojo to the other side of the street, where they explode like artillery shells. Innocent bystanders take cover as the shootout erupts into a full-blown standoff.

Finally, amidst the explosions and the gunfire, a shirtless man steps out of the black car. His chest brandishes a large snake tattoo. He stares daggers at Randall, barely paying any attention to the mayhem surrounding him.

"****, it's him." Randall presses the magazine release buttons on both his pistols, letting the empty magazines fall to the ground. Tucking his pistols away in the holsters underneath his jacket, Randall grabs Danny by the arm and begins leading him to the back door. "We've gotta move. Now."

Danny glances over his shoulder at the shirtless man, who is now stepping through a shattered pane of glass into the dojo. "Who is that guy?"

"The Steel Serpent, and he's here for you."

OK i might have to contribute to this, im saying something so i have to follow through eventually

Avengers
Development
II

Recap:
In an attempt to assist the Avengers with a more versatile and powerful ally, Hank Pym – the Ant-Man – constructed the artificial life-form known as Ultron. At first, Ultron’s appeared to be a valuable asset to the team – serving as an efficient member both in combat and around the tower for necessary tasks. But, unfortunately, after a new upgrade Pym installed into his mechanized ‘son’, Ultron became self-aware, gaining free thought and will. It soon saw its allies as corrupt and fraudulent – seeing its creator as selfish and malevolent. Rebelling against its friends and surrogate father, Ultron attacked the Avengers in a vicious battle. Luckily, the Avengers prevailed; however, Avengers Tower was destroyed during the fighting. The Avengers now work hard to rebuild their headquarters – pulling together and working as a team to achieve their goals …

Avengers Tower

Amidst the open plot of land, the Avengers work hard as they reconstruct their mighty fortress. Iron Man flies in from the East, carrying heavy girders for the steel frame. Hank Pym works hard to place the metal pieces into place – enlarging his body and growing to the height of a skyscraper to fulfil his task. Above, Thor uses the mighty Mjolnir to secure the girders into place – hammering rivets through the steel beams and securing deftly.

“Feel mine wrath!” Thor shouts, flying over to the next corner of the building. He eyes up the rivet sticking out from the two girders, raising his arm and preparing to strike. “Have at thee, wretched nail!” He cries, swinging his hammer forward. The stone edge connects, hitting the rivet squarely. To Thor’s amazement, the rivet remains untouched – refusing to budge.

“Ah, a skirmish you wisheth, then? Verily,” he begins, swinging his arm back once again as he prepares another attempt. “Then that you shall receive Once more, he swings Mjolner, hitting the rivet, just as before. Still, the rivet remains unaffected, and Thor fills with rage.

“Thou DARE defy the son of Odin?!”
He growls, rumbling the skies above. “Vile beast, knowest thou not with whom thou dealst? I shall strikest thee a THIRD time, and yee shall YEILD!” With a grandious swing, Thor bats the rivet again, this time bending it, and jamming the rivet unsuccessfully where it lies. “LOKI!!!!”

“You know, Thor, Loki’s not behind every bad thing that happens to you,” Hank Pym speaks from above as his towering figure approaches the Asgardian warrior. The suit he wears is different from before, just as are his powers – adorning his body is now a yellow and black jumpsuit, the symbol of a fierce insect brazen on his chest. “Try taking some responsibility for once, huh?”

“You’re one to talk about responsibility, Pym,” Iron Man says as he hovers to join the two heroes. His jets roar as the combustion within his heels and palms burns, spewing sparks and heat in a wild stream of light. “You’re the one who caused this mess, Ant-d*****.”

“I told you, Tony, it’s not Ant-Man now – it’s Yellow Jacket.”
“Oh, great,”
Iron Man says with heavy sarcasm. “Now you’re having an identity crisis. What’s the matter, Ant’s decide to shun you?”
“Real mature, Tony,”
Hank says with a scowl.“By the way, nice flying back there – little wobbly, there. Speaking of which, how’s AA?”
“How’s Jan?”
He quickly retorts.“I haven’t seen her in a while, where’s she been?”

“…She’s … been … busy,” Hank stammers, struggling for a reply.
“Sure she’s not in divorce court?” He asks, grinning beneath the metal mask. “Last I heard, she got Murdock to represent her. Good thing you’ve got nothing to your name, because you would’ve lost it all anyway.”

“YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!” He roars, grinding his teeth in rage.
“Uh-oh, there’s that rage again. You gonna beat me too?”
“Uh, I woundn’t provoketh Giant Man, Iron warrior,” Thor speaks up in a diplomatic tone. “He seems to be brewing with unbridled fury like the Fafnir 'fore it unleashes its wrath.”
“Oh, don’t worry, Thor – I’m not married to him, he won’t hit me.”
“WHY YOU-“

“HEY!” A voice shouts from below, stalling the confrontation before it begins. The three heroes look down to see Captain America approaching fast, leaping from beam to beam as he rises up the building’s unfinished skeleton to meet his teammates. “Knock it off, you guys! This is NOT how Avengers behave.” The three heroes drop their heads, sinking in shame.

“He started it,” Tony mutters.

“I don’t care who started it, stop it right now. We’re a team, gosh darnit! How are we supposed to take on the forces of evil if we can’t even work together to rebuild Avengers Tower?”

“Yeah,” Hank says, nodding slowly. “I guess you’re right, Ste-“
“Why, I remember back during World War II, we were moving in on the location of a Nazi stronghold. It was me, Bucky, four other soldiers, and freedom. We must’ve been outnumbered, twenty to one – no fifty to one! Not to mention the tactical advantage the krauts had with their fortress. I remember, we approached at dawn – must’ve been 600 hours … or was it 500 hours? No, no … must’ve been half past five – yes – I had just finished instructing Bucky in the proper way to dig a trench, not with a shovel or bayonet, but with your own hands. Built character, and that’s the one thing you can’t buy or steal – you’ve got to earn that, I’ll tell you what. Yes, I’d rather have one man with a lot of character, than twenty without-“ As Steve continues to droan on, Hank, Tony, and Thor all look at each other with a weary expression.

“Here he goes again,” Hank groans, rolling his eyes.
“Yep – talking about the glory days.”
“Think he’ll get to the point?” Hank asks hopefully.
“Depends. Is he at the part where he punches Red Skull yet?” They listen briefly, fading back into Steve’s speech as the Captain continues to monologue.

“That’s when we burst into the castle and saw him, the Red Skull, my mortal enemy! Ah, I remember how evil his glare was – shot right through you like a lueger. His hideous red face and that twisted smile. If I’d had the chance, I’d-“

“Nope,” Hank says, fading back out once again.
“He’s told this story forty times now.”
“Yeah, and it’s the same thing every time – he even keeps the same tangents he goes off on.”
“Verily.”
“Look, I’m sorry about what I said, Hank,”
Tony apologies in a sincere tone. “I’m just pissed because Ultron destroyed my liquor cabinet.”
“I’m sorry too, Tony,” Hank says with a smile. “I shouldn’t mock your handicap – I know how much you struggle with that.”
“Haha, yeah. Look, how’s about we all get out of here and go back to my place for a drink, huh?”
“I’d like that.”
"Aye!"
Thor shouts in glee, grabbing his two friends in a powerful headlock within his powerful arms. "Mine best friends joining me for a hefty drink of mead! Come, let us quench our thirst and enjoyeth this reconcile!"
"...Riiiiight..."
"Thor,"
Tony moans within the armor - his voice strained. "Dentin' the merchandise, buddy."Thor releases his grip and gives them a clueless smile, unaware of his own strength and its ramnifications.

The three soon take off - Hank walking nimbly through the city streets as Iron Man and Thor follow closely behind. In the distance, Steve continues to speak, recalling his old experiences as he tries to empower his team –encouraging their resolve. As the three avengers make their way toward Stark Industries, Tony flies up by Hank, hovering close by his ear.

“By the way, Jan’s not … seeing anyone, right?”
“What?”
"Nothing .. ”

Last edited:
ok, so just as i got on the Marvel 2099 RPG went under, i was really looking forward to it, my first RPG ever, well i had it set up for Dustan Brock, aka Venom, go into the total nut house that was NYC since the Manderin had set up stuff for some **** to go down in NYC, this is part of what ive written up so far for what didnt get IC posted
[In the Air Heading East]

“Sir, you can now access your phone if you would like.” The stewardess tapped Dustan on the shoulder alerting him that they were safely in the air.

“Thank you, ma’am.” Brock gave her a smile and watched her leave so he knew he would have some privacy, he did buy all the tickets in 1st class after all. As Dustan withdrew his phone from his pocket he sifted through any unread messages, text video, or audio and found none. He scrolled through the contacts on this one finding Mike. Using speed-dial he called back home.

“Hey Mike, its Dust, I’m in the air now, should be on the east coast in about an hour or so.” He hung up the phone confident his message went through. Reclining in his seat he prepared for a well deserved nap.

[East Coast, Outside of New York City, New York]

“The whole place is a giant nut house, how am I supposed to get in?” Dustan asked Mike over the phone.

“There should be a sewer pipe somewhere around where you are, it’ll take you down into the sewers and from there you can climb through feces and excrement until you make it into the city, where Marshall Law has been implemented by Alchemex.” Mike informed Brock over the device.

“Crawling through crap and piss?” Dust answered back. “Must be Thursday.” He heard Mike chuckle before hanging up the phone letting the symbiote in the form of his pants engulf it and hold it safe.

“You ready for this?” He inquired of his pants; telepathically he knew it was saying yes. He found the pipe, it was big and black and grey and old. As he climbed into it the suit stretched over his face.

“Here we go.” he sank into the putrid soup. Swimming through it was like swimming through water, for him at least, the alien suit cleaned the vision so he knew where he was going. He maneuvered through the sludge and slime, piss and ****.

Previously in Ultimate Spider-Man: Season VI...
ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

I'm hurt... badly. Need... to get up. To continue the fight... Damn it... I can't go down like this... Mary Jane. He knows... He knows about her. He might come after her... Gotta stop him...

"Hey--AAAGGHH!!! Come... back here..."

The Spider-Man looked at me as he was about to swing away, and he took no longer than a moment to look at me, lying there. Defeated...

"And you called me pathetic..."

The last thing I saw was him swinging away as it was all starting to blur. Guess this is what I get for not keeping an eye on my injuries. They really do add up...

"No-uuunnhhh.............."

Triskellion...

It's funny when you pass out sometimes, because sometimes it's just completely black for just a second before you wake up... Other times you see your loved ones. Hear their voices. This was one of those times...

"Parker?"

Mary Jane...

"Parker? Parker, get up... PARKER!!"

"No I'm not Tony Stark's butt-buddy! Wait.... Fury?!?" I yelled out as I regained my consciousness. I looked to find myself in my torn and ripped up costume, but my mask and wig were removed, and I was in a bright blue-barriered cell, and in front of me was none other than General Nick Fury. What a real 'peach'...

"Kid, what in God's name were you dreaming about?"

"Well, sir... There was this huge Superhero Civil War, and I was on Iron Man's side and I revealed my identity to the whole worl--"

"Nevermind. Now you have some explaining to do, Parker... Like just what the HELL you thought you were doing parading as this "Ricochet" character?"

After gulping so loud that I thought he could hear it through the barrier, I approached the speaker...

"Yeah... About that. Sometimes I think I'm as bad as Moon Knight when it comes to the identity department. Anyways, I have a good reason for doing what I did, General..." I began, preparing to face the music.

"I recall a day when a man came up to me. A very powerful man, and he said to stop being Spider-Man... Now, I took that advice in stride, and I even tried to listen. I gave it all up, tried to be normal, until I realized I just couldn't do it, and all the 'being normal' stuff I tried... It was all moot. Because in the end, I was neglecting my responsibilities to the people of this city. The people I protect to honor my uncle, and what he would've wanted me to be if he knew what I could do. However, I thought to myself, how can I continue to act responsibly with my powers, but not be Spider-Man? With a little help from my girlfriend of course, and thus... Well, you know. This..." I said grabbing my suit and showing him.

"Interesting, Parker. I'm also glad to hear you listened to me, because honestly I was about to kill you right here and now for disobeying me. But you managed to convince me otherwise, now that I know that a**hole running around in the red and blue out there right now ain't you..."

"Uhh... thanks? I guess."

There isn't really much of a way to thank someone for NOT killing you, is there?...

"However I can't let you be Ricochet anymore either... We've got bigger problems."

"What!? Why the hell not!?"

"Because, that fake Spidey you were fighting... It's... It's not human. We need you to handle him..."

"How? You just said I can't do it as Ricochet, and you made it very clear I can't do it as Spider-Man either..."

"I never said that..."

"Wait... what?"

"I've realised something else today, Peter. I'm not going to say the world needs a Spider-Man, because it went damn near two milleniums without one, but one thing I do know is that without Spider-Man out there cleaning up the streets, others who thnk they can be Spidey will do it, and some, as you can see from the footage..."

He pointed at a monitor that showed the brutality this Spider-Man was commiting on criminals, as well as video from my fight earlier with... it.

"...Won't have motives quite as noble as yours."

"So... your saying that?--"

"I'm saying that at least I know that if your out there swinging from skyscrapers, then that'll be one less Spider-Man I have to worry about."

"That means... I can be Spider-Man again?"

"It means "Do whatever the f*** you want, kid, as long as you don't cross me, because then I personally will hunt you down and break every f****** bone in your damn body". Now go, before I change my mind..."

"Thank you, Fury. You won't regret this..."

"I better not. Now go. Take care of that thing..."

The blue barrier from the cell then shut down as Fury let me go, and as I rushed past him to the door at the end of the cells, I gave him one last look before I took my leave. He just nodded, and then I turned back to the door, and I was out like a Goblin in heat...

"General... If I may ask, why did you let the Parker kid continue to run around as a vigilante again? He causes more harm than good..."

"Because, Ms. Danvers... I'd like to think he doesn't, and that he can help this godforsaken city. Besides, it's the least I can do, because as soon as he's legal, his whole life is mine. As far as I'm concerened, his whole body, like Banner's and Rogers', is property of SHIELD. So I want him to spend what little time he has left doing his own thing, before he becomes our little puppet, just like Steve. Just like Banner. Just like the rest of 'em..."

General Fury looked out the window of his office intently, staring down at the city below him. One of the most powerful men in the world, staring at his city like it was his snowglobe...

"Just like the rest of 'em..."

ult.spideybannerVI.bmp

One hour later...

*THWIP!*

untitledscanned16ra7.jpg

At the risk of sounding really cliche... MAN does it feel good to be back in my old suit! I kinda missed it to tell you the truth. It's like my second skin. Not to mention the fact that I find it much more fashionable than the motorcycle jacket and tights ensemble that was my Ricochet suit.

But do you know what the best part of this is? I can call myself 'Spidey' again when I'm doing my inner monologues! I mean let's face it: Rico just didn't have that ring to it...

So here I am, swinging through Chelsea with the newly repaired webshooters, and that all too familiar breeze brushing against my face as I reach the end of my swing arc is just pure bliss. I missed this too. Sure as hell beats running around and jumping off rooftops. Much less legwork.

But the time for fun is over. Now it's time to get back to the task at hand: Finding the Spider-Doppelganger. Not only because I'm ready for Round 2 with this creep... but also because Fury told me to take care of it or he would snap my pasty little neck.

I tell ya. Nick Fury is one of the best motivational speakers on the planet. Whether the planet likes it or not...

"Hmm... If I were Spider-Man, where would I be?"

Duh! I am Spider-Man... again.

Well... There's three possible choices:

A) My house.
B) My school.
or C) The Bugle.

Please let it be 'C'...

Although, New York is a BIG city. He could be anywhere...

Think, Parker! Think!

"I got it!"

Instead of looking for him, maybe I should get him to come after me. He does want to be the new Spidey in town, so if word were to get out that I'm back, he should come looking. To eliminate the competition, I'd wager.

And what better way to announce my return to the public than to pay a visit to the editor of one of New York's most prestigious newspapers?

That last part was sarcasm, by the way. But I wasn't kidding about the first part.

I think it's time this Friendly Neighborhood Web-Slinger pays Jolly Jonah a long-awaited visit...

*THWIP!*

400px-Spiderman005.jpg

Last edited:
When I made Peter change to Ricochet in Ultimate Marvel, I actually had a point and an endgame before I dropped him. I might go back and do that here...

When I made Peter change to Ricochet in Ultimate Marvel, I actually had a point and an endgame before I dropped him. I might go back and do that here...
I'd like to see it, myself. I could only hope my ending was half as good as what you had planned from the start.:up:

Not to kiss anyone's butt, or anything - but I actually was pretty proud of your work as Spidey in my stead. I left you in a precarious spot, considering no one knew where I was going with Spidey - and you picked it up and worked it out to get him back to his proper title without using extreme plots and what have you, all the while keeping him in character. Kudos, man. :up:

Not to kiss anyone's butt, or anything - but I actually was pretty proud of your work as Spidey in my stead. I left you in a precarious spot, considering no one knew where I was going with Spidey - and you picked it up and worked it out to get him back to his proper title without using extreme plots and what have you, all the while keeping him in character. Kudos, man. :up:
Thanks, Syn. It means alot.

*joins the group hug uninvited, and holds it far too long for comfort*

Yeah....that's nice......

Here's a sample of a concept universe that MB and I put together a while ago, but felt that it wouldn't garner enough support to actually survive as a fully-fledged RPG. Even though it probably wouldn't actually last as a game, the idea was just too much fun to let go.

"Biggest Scoop of Your Life"

"Well, Lois," I mutter to myself in the back seat of the sedan as we head towards the outskirts of town, "now you've really gone and done it."

Seems like years ago that I was put on this assignment, Mr. White finally giving me my big chance after months of razzing him for it. A chance at a big scoop, some real news, not like the usual glitz and glamor rot that he's had me and Cat doing for the last year and a half. Something better than covering the jewelry and dresses of the upper crust of the city, watching them pretend that the rest of Metropolis doesn't exist as it falls apart around them. A real pursuit of truth and justice. Like any reporter worth her salt should want.

Of course, that's what got me into this mess in the first place.

Jimmy trembles in the seat next to me as we approach the bridge that takes us out of the city, trying as hard as he can not to cry. Poor kid; I never should've gotten him involved in all this. It wasn't any of his business. But I needed pictures for my story, and he needed the money.

"We'll be at the scrap yard in about five minutes," the driver says with a sneer in his voice. "That oughta give you time ta come up with some fittin' last words."

I look out the back window and see the towers of Metropolis shrinking into the distance, the columns of smoke from the Lexco Industries factories blending into the clouds.

Lexco. According to many, it's what "saved" our city from getting wiped out like so many others. Before Lexco, we were out of work, on the brink, some of us near starving, Centennial Park beginning to grow a Hooverville to rival the really big and bad ones in New York and Gotham. Then the generous and genius Mister Luthor set up shop, and within a year, we were turning things around. "The City of Tomorrow" they call us.

Of course, it was too good to be true, and everyone knew it.

A few months ago, a worker from Lexco, a janitor by the name of Rudy Jones, came to the Daily Planet and said he had information, secrets that Mister Luthor didn't want anyone to know. As much influence as he'd had on the city, nobody really knew much about him; most people still just wanted a handout anywhere they could take it, and knew better than to ask questions about people like him. There were rumors, of course--Mister Luthor killed his parents to get their inheritance, Mister Luthor was dealing with the bosses of the Gambino and Manheim families, even some saying Mister Luthor was making weapons and selling them overseas to the Nazis--but no one could get anything more than rumors. Rudy Jones was the first lead we had to finally blowing the lid on Lexco.

Not long after, Rudy Jones disappeared without a trace.

One of the Planet's best reporters, Ron Troupe, was put on the assignment of digging up what exactly happened to Mr. Jones and why. He hounded the MPD detectives for any clue they could, but in the end, Captain Turpin and his boys came up dry, and the investigation was called off. While the boys in blue may have given up the search, Troupe was still on the case, confident he was on the verge of finding the big scoop.

Then about a week ago, Troupe disappeared too. But not before handing his notes to yours truly.

"Come on, Perry, you can't let them get away with this!" I said. "Troupe's got enough leads here that I know I can get the goods on Mister Luthor if you just let me follow them. I can handle it, just let me go after Lexco, and I promise you I'll give you the biggest scoop of your life!"

Eventually, I was able to wear him down. Perry gave my usual material to the new guy--a big fella from the Dust Bowl states by the name of Kent--and I was off to tackle what was going on behind closed doors at Lexco. I got exactly what I wanted.

Lucky me, huh?

Which leads us to where we are now, stepping out of the sedan into the scrap yard, surrounded by rusted out cars and ruined heaps of metal. Another car pulls up, and five men in suits step out, all with a cold look in their eyes. The look of killers.

Jimmy and I snuck into the Lexco building earlier this morning to find whatever it was that Rudy Jones was willing to risk his life to tell us. Now we're probably going to be buried right next to him, along with Ron Troupe and God knows how many others.

"So how about dem last words, eh, doll?" our captor says, a glint in his eye to show how much he enjoys doing this.

"Yeah," I say with a sneer. "Don't call me doll."

The man shrugs, then signals to the others.

"Okay boys, let 'er---*OOF!*"

There's a powerful gust of wind and a blur of motion, then suddenly the man goes flying through the air, knocked off his feet like he'd been hit with a cannon. There, standing right next to where the gangster was, is....a man in a cape?

"W-w-what the--?!" Jimmy stammers to himself.

"GET HIM!" one of the hired guns shouts, and the scrap yard erupts with shots. I close my eyes, not wanting to see the good Samaritan who tried to save our lives get gunned down in front of us.

To my surprise, I don't hear him fall. Instead, I hear more grunts of pain from the gangsters, even terrified shouts.

"Nuts to this, let's GET OUTTA HERE!" one cries out, and I hear the sound of the other sedan start up.

When I open my eyes, I see the craziest thing I've ever seen in my life.

And considering I live in Metropolis, that's really saying something.

action_comics_0001.jpg

"Jimmy?" I say. "Tell me you're getting a shot of this. Because I think we just found the biggest scoop of the century."

TO BE CONTINUED, IN THE FURTHER CHRONICLES OF....

1285-DCComicsLogoSticker.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"