The Crow Reboot

Just do 8-10 hours on Netflix.

Yeh actually do that. Heck give us no name actors, make it strange and highly stylised. I'm kinda want it to be in black and white. Real inky looking.

Last edited:
You sure that's not The Flash?

He's right.

The Flash doesn't have release date as of now because WB probably want to release it at a better time meanwhile Alicia Vikander's Tomb Raider reboot occupies it's original spot.

Aquaman will release on 27th of July, 2018.

Sweet Jesus! we knew this was coming.

'The Crow' remake leaves Relativity and heads to group led by Davis Films http://thr.cm/INFYAn

The Crow remake has flown the Relativity coop.

Samuel Hadida’s Davis Films, Highland Film Group and Electric Shadow have acquired the rights to finance, produce and distribute The Crow Reborn, a reboot of the cult classic franchise.
Edward R. Pressman, who produced the original 1994 film starring Brandon Lee, will produce Crow Reborn alongside Hadida. Highland Film Group, which will handle international sales, and Electric Shadow also are producing. Pressman and Relativity developed the film, which will be a more faithful adaptation of the original graphic novel written by James O’Barr. Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh will executive produce.
Jason Momoa was previously attached to star, and Corin Hardy was on board to direct. It is unclear if they will remain involved.

Principal photography is scheduled to begin in 2017.

The film was nearing production in 2015 when it was shelved due to Relativity Media's bankruptcy filing. After the studio emerged from Chapter 11 in April, The Crow was said to be among its highest priorities. But Relativity's own reboot sputtered, and Kavanaugh put the company up for sale last month. The Crow had been pegged as one of Relativity's most valuable development properties.
“I am thrilled to collaborate with this talented team and return The Crow franchise to its roots for a new generation of audiences to enjoy,” Pressman said.
No stranger to the genre, Hadida is behind both the Resident Evil and Silent Hill franchises. In January 2017, Sony will release Paul W.S. Anderson’s Resident Evil: The Final Chapter starring Ruby Rose, Ali Larter and Milla Jovovich.
The Crow Reborn joins a Highland Film Group slate that also includes Vaughn Stein’s Terminal, starring Margot Robbie; Jon Avnet’s Three Christs of Ypsilanti, starring Richard Gere, Julianna Margulies, Peter Dinklage, Walton Goggins and Bradley Whitford; and Lin Oeding’s thriller Braven starring Momoa.
London-based Electric Shadow's development projects include an adaptation of Stephen Fryʼs best-selling novel The Hippopotamus.

It definitely needed to get out from under Relativity. But this doesn't strike me as great new hands.

Momoa as the new Crow is an inspired choice

Maybe The Crow should be the production itself. Keeping rising from the dead, only to be killed. Then rising again..and repeat.

You know what should happen? A big studio should get the right's and make a low budget movie ,something like a $ 20-30m budget.

This just shouldnt make it.

I'm not one of those "Boo hoo why are they remaking _____. Wah Hollywood is out of ideas"

But I just don't see the point of remaking this especially when there is so much trouble surrounding the project. I doubt this would even be a big money maker.

I think The Crow should be left alone as Brandon Lees movie; make another sequel and try to do a good one this time. But don't remake Brandon's movie.

The only truly decent story worth getting is from the original.

I mean if it's going to be more like the actual comic, then I can kind of see the logic of remaking it.

And it's too bad it won't live! But then again, what does?

Good development, except for the fact that I just remembered that's Rothmanville and they were the studio behind The Dark Tower.

Last edited:
I don't care. I'm going to just hope for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"