The Crow Reboot

I don't really see any K-Pop vibes in this, but it definitely has Korean cinema influence. I get the sense he won't have the makeup until the final act though. I don't get why filmmakers do that sorta thing but whatever. Sanders seems to have a good enough visual eye overall so I'm not too pressed about it.

I'm guessing every time he gets mortally wounded, he goes back to Limbo and loses some piece of his humanity when he returns to the Land of the Living. Sanders kinda hinted at that in his interview. My guess is if he runs out of time, he becomes a crow himself and has to join that big ass flock. I also think Sami Bouajila's character is the Skull Cowboy of this film.

I dunno, this doesn't look terrible to me, but kinda whatever. I feel like I'll end up liking it maybe as much as I did City of Angels. Just seems like it's missing something. The trailer didn't really capture the tragedy for me.

It does look like the film removed the SA aspect of Shelly's death though, which is a good move imo.

This movie looks to be made from the same wood that the one Sony uses with their Spider-Man properties. The vibe, the music... A recipe straight out of 2003.
BUT, I think it may have some chance with some teens and young adult as it draws on that "emo-goth/sanitized gore" imagery I see them using a lot.
Still don't see that comeback having much success though...

Oh, also, just for the game : Which is which? The Batman or The Crow?

The Crow or The Batman.jpg

EDIT : Damn, I wanted to make a joke, but it looks like it's actually really the same place... :funny:

As I suspected, the cinematography is nice, but I'm getting generic crappy movie vibes from this trailer.

IMO I don’t think it looks that bad too be honest it definitely won’t touch the first or maybe even City of Angels (which I liked) but will most definitely be better than Salvation (which I thought was kinda decent lol I was a kid when that came out so don’t judge to much) and Wicked Prayer. Definitely gory but action looks nice but well see about the story.

IMO I don’t think it looks that bad too be honest it definitely won’t touch the first or maybe even City of Angels (which I liked) but will most definitely be better than Salvation (which I thought was kinda decent lol I was a kid when that came out so don’t judge to much) and Wicked Prayer. Definitely gory but action looks nice but well see about the story.

I love Salvation for putting me on to that Antihistamine song by Tricky lol.

I will say, I do like that Eric looks like a dirtbag (I say this as an occasional dirtbag) while all the bad guys look pretty dapper and upscale.

Im kinda digging what i saw, yes its missing some atmosphere from the trailer(and of course the 94 version alone but it looks like il be watching this in the cinema for some of the beautiful imagery at least. The brutality is what surprised me the most, wasn't expecting it to be on the nose, felt the trailer revealed a little too much in that regard. Score wise there needs to be something that makes the tragedy stand out more and eric's presence . The original absolutely aced this but from what cookie cutter scores/soundtracks they use these days, im not optimistic.

I see the general reception is negative and unfortunately thats to be expected, I do feel Bill Skarsgard is not winning people over which im slightly irked about and this goes beyond his aesthetic appearance, he's a great actor and one of the best in hollywood atm. I gather the disconnect is coming from he has tattoos and gen z affiliation (Joker SS Trauma lol) but i like the angle there going for. I think he will win some people over but i feel because he's the mainlead a few on here are not convinced hes the right person for the job...come to think of it.. is this his first main lead film ?

This just looks as I suspected. Too clean and soulless. I don't know what people think good cinematography means these days but there's another guy I can think of that produces that consistently in his films, and yet it doesn't account for much in how people judge his films.

I'm surprised at Bill here, maybe it's the biggest payday he's gotten to date which would be understandable, but until now he seems to have resisted that element of acting. I would have thought he'd more careful.

I just have to say… the remakes of Total Recall and Conan didn’t even rise to the level of “fine,” lol.

Lool you ain't lying, Just souless generic ****e. I recently came across Total Recall 2012 while scrolling on Prime looking for something to watch, i shuddered right there in disgust and quit the app. I actually forgot how many of these remakes are on Prime. No wonder i never find anything to watch these days lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"