The Crow Reboot

Lool you ain't lying, Just souless generic ****e. I recently came across Total Recall 2012 while scrolling on Prime looking for something to watch, i shuddered right there in disgust and quit the app. I actually forgot how many of these remakes are on Prime. No wonder i never find anything to watch these days lol

Yeah, it’s just terrible. Such a waste of good actors too. Len Wiseman is a horrible director.

I'm open to updates and interpretation but these creative choices just don't do it for me. samsnee's right. He looks like a henchman, not a main. Bill got massive for the role and there were some cool shots but it has major Sony Non-Spider-Man-verse vibes. The curse of the crumby Crow sequels continues it seems.

Yeah, it just looks so… bland like a Sony MarvAdjacent movie or a knock-off John Wick movie. Aside from that one moment where he shoots through himself to kill another dude, nothing about that trailer made me think, “Ah, this looks cool or interesting.” Unless the reviews and word of mouth hail it as a new classic, I definitely won’t be paying to see Florida Croker in theaters.

Yeah, it just looks so… bland like a Sony MarvAdjacent movie or a knock-off John Wick movie. Aside from that one moment where he shoots through himself to kill another dude, nothing about that trailer made me think, “Ah, this looks cool or interesting.” Unless the reviews and word of mouth hail it as a new classic, I definitely won’t be paying to see Florida Croker in theaters.

It does look like another Sony Spider-verse villain / anti hero, who can't meet Holland's Spiderman . Lol. :lmao:

The trailer looks better than i expected, but way too generic.
It didnt need to look exactly like the original movie, but more than this.

It looks like a generic Netflix or so movie.
There was so much potential there to go crazy in terms of visuals and storytelling...yet they seem to have decided to go what seems to be the blandest way.
Dissapointing how such a medium that relies on visual storytelling, has become more often than not just too bland, lifeless and without style.

I mean it doesn't look like the worst thing ever and I'll at least give it a watch for Skarsgard but man this has none of the style, atmosphere or grittiness that the original movie had which sucks.

It looks well shot/well made but that's about it and in this day and age I expect more. Granted, I'm partially bias because of how much I love the OG film and it deserves better than this IMO.

I'll watch it but definitely not in a theatre.

I'm not mad that it isn't trying to be the original stylistically. And I can appreciate what Sanders is going for with this one. It genuinely looks competently shot and acted to me so far. And I like that Eric looks more downtrodden while the bad guys are much more polished.

I think the problem for me is that the trailer doesn't make the movie look like it has an identifiable personality. That little teaser has way more of a vibe to it for me than the trailer. I think it needed to highlight Eric's grief more, which is pretty much entirely absent. I wanted to feel his anguish. Not just see him merking people up (which looks cool).

What accent is Skasgard doing in this? He sounds American at first but later he sounds like he’s doing something else.

I might feel differently about the movie, but that trailer did absolutely nothing for me. It reminds me a lot of the Hellraiser reboot. It looks good and well-shot. Decent production values, but the acting and script were DTV quality.

I think Bill Skarsgaard is actually a great choice as the lead, but I think they took too much creative license with his look. All the goofy body artwork, the face tattoos. He looks less identifiable as The Crow.

I'm confused about his girlfriend. Did they meet in some sort of commune or rehab? It looks less like rehab and more like some new-age cult commune.

That Hellraiser reboot really disappointed me. I wanted to love it, because I’m a HUGE Jamie Clayton fan and I really loved her take on Pinhead. But she wasn’t in like half the movie and the hero/victim characters who sucked up all the screen time were just boring. They had a chance to do something really cool and innovative with it (well, as much as you can with Hellraiser) and instead just gave us… that.

Crazy how generic and bland it feels. Given that it's Rupert Sanders (Snow White and the Hunstman, Ghost in the Shell) I was expecting more visual umph. It's the one thing he excelled at in his previous movies. There are a few shots in the trailer that were cool but everything else felt like a typical 2000s era dark action movie.

Sanders and Zack Snyder both need to go the Joseph Kosinski route and do a smaller, lower budget, character driven film with minimal SFX so they can hone their raw storytelling skills. Kosinski first did 2 bid budget movies back to back (Tron Legacy and Oblivion) that got mixed reviews. While the worlds in those movies are beautifully realized, the emotional impact just wasn't really there. But then Kosinski did "Only the Brave" which made me bawl my eyes out! That allowed him to go on and do Top Gun Maverick and the rest is history. Sanders and Snyder need to go back to basics.

Crazy how generic and bland it feels. Given that it's Rupert Sanders (Snow White and the Hunstman, Ghost in the Shell) I was expecting more visual umph. It's the one thing he excelled at in his previous movies. There are a few shots in the trailer that were cool but everything else felt like a typical 2000s era dark action movie.

Sanders and Zack Snyder both need to go the Joseph Kosinski route and do a smaller, lower budget, character driven film with minimal SFX so they can hone their raw storytelling skills. Kosinski first did 2 bid budget movies back to back (Tron Legacy and Oblivion) that got mixed reviews. While the worlds in those movies are beautifully realized, the emotional impact just wasn't really there. But then Kosinski did "Only the Brave" which made me bawl my eyes out! That allowed him to go on and do Top Gun Maverick and the rest is history. Sanders and Snyder need to go back to basics.

I mean that’s probably what this film should’ve been.

People who don't like The Crow trailer have never been in love!

giphy.gif

I don't know who expected this to be any good. I'm surprised studios are still giving money for such projects with such creative teams. It's not even going to make its money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"