The Crow Reboot

People walked out of the free screening of this turd.
Well, that's definitely not a good sign.

I went from initial excitement, to worry and concern, back to a renewed level of optimism (I actually liked the trailer) and now back to concern due to the news of people walking out.

I'm still going to give it a chance and make up my own mind. But in all honesty, even if good, I don't necessarily think it would have fully succeeded regardless.

I saw the trailer, and was not impressed in the least. In fact, I was completely disgusted. This looks like 100% desperate, greedy, studio-controlled trash. The fact that James O'Barr divorced himself from it should be a huge red flag for any fan.

I don't know who expected this to be any good. I'm surprised studios are still giving money for such projects with such creative teams. It's not even going to make its money.

Hollywood and even other filmmakers are obsessed with The Crow and have been trying to do it again for years. Even Bradley Cooper was attached at one point.

Also, it's because this is an existing established IP and gets name recognition. That's the name of the game. That's why The First Omen is easier to make and get a theatrical release than Monkey Man which almost went straight to Netflix.

I saw the trailer, and was not impressed in the least. In fact, I was completely disgusted. This looks like 100% desperate, greedy, studio-controlled trash. The fact that James O'Barr divorced himself from it should be a huge red flag for any fan.

What's impressive is that the original movie was a relatively faithful adaptation of his comic and a good representation of a comic adaptation at a time when such things were few and far between.

Hollywood and even other filmmakers are obsessed with The Crow and have been trying to do it again for years. Even Bradley Cooper was attached at one point.

Also, it's because this is an existing established IP and gets name recognition. That's the name of the game. That's why The First Omen is easier to make and get a theatrical release than Monkey Man which almost went straight to Netflix.
I understand the reasoning but its' still dumb and it almost never works out for them. They take once-upon-a-time-semi-popular characters that had a movie that was never a huge moneymaker but did well enough and gained a cult audience, and give them to extremely mediocre or bad creatives, while spending an amount of money where it is very far from a guarantee that the movie is going to break even.

This new Crow remake cost them 50 million to make and they give it to Rupert Sanders, who made two more movies, that both had mixed reception at best and one of which was a big box office bomb. I don't know how they expect this to go.

Makes sense since it moved there before Bad Boys took that place. The previous film was kind of huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"