The Da Vinci Code (2006) - Reviews & Comments Thread [Merged]

OtepApe

Superhero
Reaction score
I was just going round IGN, when I saw that Christopher Eccleston was cast as Silas in the film version of The Da Vinci Code.

I had no idea they were making this movie. Does anyone have any details about it. It said Tom Hanks was going to be in it, I am presuming as Robert Langdon but can someone give some details please?

Ron Howard is directing and I belive its due out next summer.

This is weird. I was telling my friends earlier about this book and I told them a movie was being made. I knew about Hanks, Eccleston is a good choice and I think Ron Howard is a really talented director.

Ron Howard is directing, nice, I enjoy his work. This is rather funny timing, I just finished Angels and Demons last night and was just thinking about a big screen adaptation.

Ya, I enjoyed both, but A&D was the better book imo.

I've just finishing the Da Vinci Code. There was a documentary about it on Britain's Chanel 4 back last year. They were discrediting some of what was said in the book, at least I think so only got a bit of it.

Well the book is a fiction, but I do belive Jesus did have a wife ore a mistress that may have been Mary and could have even had children. We will never know caue he has so much mystery around him and so many things written about him. To simply discredit it, would be plan naive imo.

Doomed_hero said:
Ya, I enjoyed both, but A&D was the better book imo.

Agreed, I thought Angels & Demons`was the better book also. I would have liked to have seen a film version of that more too be honest. I hope just because they have gone straight for the sequel, that they don't overlook and A&D movie in the future.

The Storm said:
I've just finishing the Da Vinci Code. There was a documentary about it on Britain's Chanel 4 back last year. They were discrediting some of what was said in the book, at least I think so only got a bit of it

I saw that also, it seemed to me they were discrediting what was said in the book. Tony Robinson even went as far to say that he thought it wasn't well written and seemed drag on in certain places.

The programme went into some detail to do it, I can't exactly what they said all I really saw was the guy talking about 'the Last Supper' fresco. He was talking about something else as well but I can't really remember.

Is any of the story fact?

The Storm said:
The programme went into some detail to do it, I can't exactly what they said all I really saw was the guy talking about 'the Last Supper' fresco. He was talking about something else as well but I can't really remember.

Is any of the story fact?

I am not sure too be honest. At the beginning of the book, it says that the Priory of Sion did indeed exist, but in the documentry on Channle 4, they revealed it to be a hoax by someone.

They didn't really come to any conclusive facts, a lot of it was still left in the open.

Thanks for that, probably shouldn't have mentioned it with not knowing all about it lol. Its pretty elaborate story, I thought some of it was fact and Dan Brown built on that. I'm very impressed by the book I haven't been able to put it down, got high expectations for the movie as well.

I'm a fan of Ron Howard's work as well...and Tom Hanks is a good actor. However, I think he was miscast in this role. I just don't see him as Robert Langdon. I am glad that Jean Reno will play Bezu Fache. That's good casting.

Thats another good casting decision, I absolutely loved this guy in Leon. Any else been cast yet? I would look but my computer is total ash and would probably have a fit if I opened another window!

Yeah, I gotta say I am not sold on the idea of Tom Hanks as Robert langdon. When I thought of langdon, someone like Tom Hanks didn't pop into my head. I think he'll need to hit the gym a bit. Hopefully my doubts will be sorted out.

isnt she playing sophie? the girl from Amelie

amelie.jpg

I thought of Isabella Huppert (at least I think thats her name). She was in I Heart Huckabees.

Princess Mangina said:
isnt she playing sophie? the girl from Amelie

amelie.jpg

Yeah, Audrey Tautou. She'll be playing Sophie.

Yet another good casting decision lol! I saw Sophie looking like Huppert but nevermind...

The Storm said:
Yet another good casting decision lol! I saw Sophie looking like Huppert but nevermind...

Out of curiosity, who would you cast in the movie for the roles? Especially Robert Langdon, I still can't see Tom Hanks as him.

Doomed_hero said:
Well the book is a fiction, but I do belive Jesus did have a wife ore a mistress that may have been Mary and could have even had children. We will never know caue he has so much mystery around him and so many things written about him. To simply discredit it, would be plan naive imo.

Rubbish.

portland2002 said:
Doomed_hero said:

Rubbish.

you mean naive like that, Doomed?

JackBauer said:
you mean naive like that, Doomed?

Like I said, plain and simple rubbish. Truly blasphemous. The truth when known and acted upon will set you free. I am not deceived by such mendacities. As it seems, Jack Bauer, we do not agree on much of anything. But pray for you, I shall. Peace unto you.

portland2002 said:
Like I said, plain and simple rubbish. Truly blasphemous. The truth when known and acted upon will set you free. I am not deceived by such mendacities. As it seems, Jack Bauer, we do not agree on much of anything. But pray for you, I shall. Peace unto you.

Wow...............just wow

i think tom could work i could see him roaming around the big screen with his mickey mouse watch, JEAN RENO IS GREAT I ACTUALLY SAW HIM WHILE READING THE MOVIE ANYONE ELSE ? i pictured Jeff Goldblum and Russel Crow but Tom hanks never did cross my mind , ever.

i hope the movie turns out to be good

Isabella Huppert - Sophie Nevue
Jean Reno - Bezu Fache
Robert Landgon - Liam Neeson
Teabing - Jim Broadbent

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member