The Da Vinci Code (2006) - Reviews & Comments Thread [Merged]

Liam Neeson, not a bad choice. I always pictured Russle Crowe, I thought he'd be good.

Any ideas for Collet, Aringosa (sp?) and Remy and Sauniere?

portland2002 said:
Like I said, plain and simple rubbish. Truly blasphemous. The truth when known and acted upon will set you free. I am not deceived by such mendacities. As it seems, Jack Bauer, we do not agree on much of anything. But pray for you, I shall. Peace unto you.
****, you didn't live in Jesus's time? You don't know if he had a mistress or not. NONE of us do.

Phoney Bone said:
****, you didn't live in Jesus's time? You don't know if he had a mistress or not. NONE of us do.

Jesus was never married (which isn't a sin), he didn't have a mistress (which is a sin) and most important of all, JESUS NEVER SINNED.

portland2002 said:
Like I said, plain and simple rubbish. Truly blasphemous. The truth when known and acted upon will set you free. I am not deceived by such mendacities. As it seems, Jack Bauer, we do not agree on much of anything. But pray for you, I shall. Peace unto you.

I don't want nor need your prayers thank you... but I'm curious. do you feel the need to pray for everyone that doesn't agree with you? is everyone that doesn't believe in your god going to hell? :rolleyes:

portland2002 said:
Jesus was never married (which isn't a sin), he didn't have a mistress (which is a sin) and most important of all, JESUS NEVER SINNED.

Uh...didn't He sin when he trashed that market? :confused:

Sony Pictures Entertainment has set Ian McKellen and Alfred Molina for roles in "The Da Vinci Code," the Ron Howard-directed adaptation of the Dan Brown bestseller.

Brian Grazer is producing with John Calley. Akiva Goldsman wrote the script.

Molina will play zealous Bishop Arigarosa, who's keenly interested in the sleuthing activities of Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) and cryptographer Sophie Neveu (Audrey Tautou). McKellen will play Sir Teabing, a wealthy man who acts as a resource for Langdon even as he shows his own ambitions to uncover the Holy Grail. Pic also stars Jean Reno.

Pic begins production in June for a May 19, 2006, release.

This was posted on the X-Men 3 boards.

Son of Gamera said:
Uh...didn't He sin when he trashed that market? :confused:
dude, if they were making a flea market out of your house wouldnt you get pissed off too?

besides for a place of serenity and peace they treat the place like a dump. you dont have to be religous to know that that plain sucks.

i never got what this Da Vinci code rage was all about. what the heck is it about anyway? and how different is that from Angels and Demons?

these are all works of fiction right?

portland2002 said:

jesus was a pimp

Steelsheen said:
i never got what this Da Vinci code rage was all about. what the heck is it about anyway? and how different is that from Angels and Demons?

these are all works of fiction right?

i read it and forgot already...apparently jesus and mary magdalene had a little girl named sarah..............i think the vatican is the bad guy in this one? yeah..theres a religious albino assassin......the du louvre curator (sophies father?) leaves clues behind leading to the "holy grail" in leonardo da vinci's paintings...and other stuff:)

Steelsheen said:
dude, if they were making a flea market out of your house wouldnt you get pissed off too?

besides for a place of serenity and peace they treat the place like a dump. you dont have to be religous to know that that plain sucks.

Oh I would, buddy!
Don't get me wrong, I believe in God and Jesus and all that.
And I definitely understand Jesus going berzerk, I was just making a point to that guy who said Jesus never sinned.

Son of Gamera said:
Oh I would, buddy!
Don't get me wrong, I believe in God and Jesus and all that.
And I definitely understand Jesus going berzerk, I was just making a point to that guy who said Jesus never sinned.
well, he supposedly never did.

whether or not one believes that is a matter of faith :)

I haven't read the book, but Tom Hanks, Ian McKellan, Alfred Molina, and Jean Reno all in the same movie? I am SOOOOOOOOOO there.

The Storm said:

This was posted on the X-Men 3 boards.

Ah Alfred Molina nd Ian McKellen. Damn fine actors, cast is shaping up now.

Agree and I know Audrey Tautou got really good reviews for her performance in Amelie and The Very Long Engagement (sp?). This is a stellar cast.

i always imagined this while reading the book:

1.) Langdon: Russell Crowe
2.) Silas: Jim Carrey or Cristopher Lloyd as seen in Roger Rabbit
3.) DOnt ask me why, but Teabing: Elton John. he just popped into my head whenever I read the book after seeing the Ipod commercials.

BeserkerHilf said:
3.) DOnt ask me why, but Teabing: Elton John. he just popped into my head whenever I read the book after seeing the Ipod commercials.

With a Ginger or Grey hair piece?

ginger. why? did I miss something in the book saying his specific hair color?

The Storm said:
Agree and I know Audrey Tautou got really good reviews for her performance in Amelie and The Very Long Engagement (sp?). This is a stellar cast.

I agree, even if I had never read the book I would go and see this movie due to the great cast.

BeserkerHilf said:
ginger. why? did I miss something in the book saying his specific hair color?

No I was messing around.

OtepApe said:
I agree, even if I had never read the book I would go and see this movie due to the great cast.

It sounds like a great movie with the cast it has.

^^ Yeah and there are still three more characters to cast.

Does anyone have any more information about the film? Cast, locations...

The Storm said:

Sony Pictures Entertainment has set Ian McKellen and Alfred Molina for roles in "The Da Vinci Code," the Ron Howard-directed adaptation of the Dan Brown bestseller.

Brian Grazer is producing with John Calley. Akiva Goldsman wrote the script.

Molina will play zealous Bishop Arigarosa, who's keenly interested in the sleuthing activities of Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) and cryptographer Sophie Neveu (Audrey Tautou). McKellen will play Sir Teabing, a wealthy man who acts as a resource for Langdon even as he shows his own ambitions to uncover the Holy Grail. Pic also stars Jean Reno.

Pic begins production in June for a May 19, 2006, release.
Sweet. I pictured Tony Hopkins while reading the book but McKellen is a great choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"