The Danger Room: The X-Lounge

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Favorite X-Men moments?

We finally got our section for the new era of the X-Men! Great times ahead :woo:
:bamf::bst::Ice:

Here's hoping we don't wake up tomorrow to cobwebs LOL

I wasn't eXpecting anything for the Mutants.

I don't think we are going to see the X-Men in the Multiverse Saga, aside from the foX era actors returning in their previous roles.

It is what it is.

I really feel like Friends of Humanity would be a great storyline to bring the mutants to the marvel U. People are going to be afraid of all these super powered beings and now people are being born with them? :eek:

tie in some hints of O:ZT and specks of God Loves, Man Kills and you’ve got something. Heck, I could even see Hammer.taking on the contract to build the sentinels based on some botched wannabe hulk buster ripoff attempts. or start smaller in size and use nimrod-sized ones which could be similar to ultron tech. they could play true to the lore or adapt to fit in the universe now. Just some ideas on how they could.

I really feel like Friends of Humanity would be a great storyline to bring the mutants to the marvel U. People are going to be afraid of all these super powered beings and now people are being born with them? :eek:

tie in some hints of O:ZT and specks of God Loves, Man Kills and you’ve got something. Heck, I could even see Hammer.taking on the contract to build the sentinels based on some botched wannabe hulk buster ripoff attempts. or start smaller in size and use nimrod-sized ones which could be similar to ultron tech. they could play true to the lore or adapt to fit in the universe now. Just some ideas on how they could.
Yes, people have mentioned that background organisations and individuals like this growing in influence as the films progress could help enrich the X-Men universe. :up:

That was one of the good aspects of the initial arc of UltX way back when. The team was recruiting a young Bobby, got attacked by sentinels. Saved a ton of people and still got trash thrown at them and treated like crap.
They could really milk the parallel between those being born with powers versus inherited if they wanted these days. Most of the marvel movies so far have had metahuman or enhanced villains. Gods. Androids. Etc. why not have the people born with powers have a strong power-less adversary to start off with?

Favorite X-Men moments?

Probably one of my faves of the current era.

FYWAe_LWAAATnlK

That was one of the good aspects of the initial arc of UltX way back when. The team was recruiting a young Bobby, got attacked by sentinels. Saved a ton of people and still got trash thrown at them and treated like crap.
They could really milk the parallel between those being born with powers versus inherited if they wanted these days. Most of the marvel movies so far have had metahuman or enhanced villains. Gods. Androids. Etc. why not have the people born with powers have a strong power-less adversary to start off with?
I think they might go with both so they are dealing with a powered threat that they have to use the teamwork and covering each other’s backs learned in the Danger Room, while also having to deal with the problems non-powered human groups and individuals can cause. And I would expect those to create a good background of ongoing issues for the X-Men and mutants in general vs public opinion, and also eventually gain in power and influence and become more significant opponents over subsequent films. Once they have greater funding and political power they can fund projects like the Sentinels too.

Love this interplay between two highly anticipated characters soon to make their MCU debuts:

uncanny-x-men-145-004.jpg

2 Marvel Titans, let’s get them right Feige & Co. :cwink:

James Earl Jones would have made an amazing Doom like 50 years ago...

Come to think of it, Diahann Carroll would have been very regal as Ororo during that same time period!

Diahann_Carroll_1976.JPG

Morlock Massacre? Underground ugly Mutants killed by normals or some such, exposing the fact that Mutants exist, or some such?

Morlock Massacre? Underground ugly Mutants killed by normals or some such, exposing the fact that Mutants exist, or some such?
I hope it’s a story they tackle at some stage, and could be a good time to introduce Marrow.

Let's get all these characters right but also (specifically based on the Mutant Massacre mention) let's get Callisto CORRECT. No annoying "Level 5 lines" and unnecessary super speed powers but more importantly let's get a proper androgynous Callisto. Not some model Ratner used to date lol

Come to think of it, the actress who portrayed Arclight would have been the perfect Callisto, looks-wise.

i like the idea of the storyline on film, but maybe as the second or third film. all the human supers so far in MCU are "pretty" they don't really have any physical side effects of their powers aside from Hulk. and now Kamala is showing physical manifestations so i want to see how the public starts handling the "ugly" side of mutations

i still wanna see dazzler outed as a mutant during a performance. power outage during it reveals she's been doing all her lights and effects the whole time. pandemonium in the arena/club etc trying to escape after

Let's get all these characters right but also (specifically based on the Mutant Massacre mention) let's get Callisto CORRECT. No annoying "Level 5 lines" and unnecessary super speed powers but more importantly let's get a proper androgynous Callisto. Not some model Ratner used to date lol

Come to think of it, the actress who portrayed Arclight would have been the perfect Callisto, looks-wise.

i like the idea of the storyline on film, but maybe as the second or third film. all the human supers so far in MCU are "pretty" they don't really have any physical side effects of their powers aside from Hulk. and now Kamala is showing physical manifestations so i want to see how the public starts handling the "ugly" side of mutations

i still wanna see dazzler outed as a mutant during a performance. power outage during it reveals she's been doing all her lights and effects the whole time. pandemonium in the arena/club etc trying to escape after
Callisto and Marrow would be great for showcasing this element of mutants. Yes, the Arclight actress has a good look for Callisto, and Dazzler’s abilities being exposed during a show could be a great idea too.

I’d like to see if the Stepford Cuckoos could be done well down the line once Emma has her school (could be a good while before that of course).

I’d like to see if the Stepford Cuckoos could be done well down the line once Emma has her school (could be a good while before that of course).
They were always creepy fun. :)

Also like seeing Emma's relationship with them.
I was never a huge Emma fan, probably because she was so sharp with everyone around her. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"