The Official DANGER ROOM Thread

This is only a good idea if they didnt cram the movie non stop with action imo. Otherwise its a horible idea... simply because it would have nothing to do with the story but be yet another slam bam scene.

yep. I feel the same way. fanservice is awesome but don't make a whole movie out of it.

please feel free to point and laff at me....

but whats the danger room?

Danger room is the training holographic room the x men go to to stay in shape. Its all but real.

ahhhhh.... thank u

i kept hearin peeps mention it...didnt have a clue what it was

I love the fact that they're putting the Danger Room in. It also highlights the fact that Storm and Logan are going to be overprotective of the "X-Kids" in this film, who are going to want nothing more than to grow up.

Majik1387 said:
I'm speculating from this pic, it will be something along the line of holographics

dangerroom2ko.jpg

looks like the sentinal and the fight scene with the fastball special is part of the danger room.

britrogue said:
I love the fact that they're putting the Danger Room in. It also highlights the fact that Storm and Logan are going to be overprotective of the "X-Kids" in this film, who are going to want nothing more than to grow up.

I saw this coming... One thing i find horrible about some directors: they think they can combine action scenes with character ones so much that they end up doing mostly all of this and it becomes a numbing experience. I call it cutting corners.

biggles2000uk said:
looks like the sentinal and the fight scene with the fastball special is part of the danger room.

Yep

isn't that Rogue beside Bobby in the DR picture? Do we ever see her in any of the DR trailers? Thought it was just Kitty and Bobby.

Yes...we see her metalling up also

I think Rogue must get someone's powers (most likely colossus from the TV spot) there is no reason to be in a fight if she doesn't have someone else's powers, she's just too vulnerable.

XCharlieX said:
This is only a good idea if they didnt cram the movie non stop with action imo. Otherwise its a horible idea... simply because it would have nothing to do with the story but be yet another slam bam scene.

Actually, I think it serves a purpose in this film and I'm glad they waited to use it. I don't think the X-Men could expect teenagers to risk their lives without some type of boot camp preparation.

if its so necessary then theres more of a need to stretch the film out if you want all good efects of it, but not bad. Otherwise I stand by my comment.

XCharlieX said:
Danger room is the training holographic room the x men go to to stay in shape. Its all but real.

I think the movie clip with the Sentinel makes sense the more I think about it. If it's a hologram like everything else in the room, then Wolverine wouldn't have been able to actually jump on it or ride it down to the ground. Also, it would explain why the decapitation was so quick (like playing a video game), why the robot won't be able to grab anyone, and why Logan's fall isn't heard (he probably buzzed straight through the big guy and landed on the other side of the room). Or maybe I'm just thinking up lame excuses.

liverlips said:
I think the movie clip with the Sentinel makes sense the more I think about it. If it's a hologram like everything else in the room, then Wolverine wouldn't have been able to actually jump on it or ride it down to the ground. Also, it would explain why the decapitation was so quick (like playing a video game), why the robot won't be able to grab anyone, and why Logan's fall isn't heard (he probably buzzed straight through the big guy and landed on the other side of the room). Or maybe I'm just thinking up lame excuses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danger_Room

The holograms in the danger room can actually hurt you. The only difference between fighting something in the dr is that someone is watching while you are in there so if it gets too intense, they can just shut it off.

I have to say that the design they used for the danger room is great. Probably the only way to pull it off plausibly.

Yeah, I'm glad they stuck with what looks like the X2 design, only larger.

The Danger Room looks great from the recent pics. I couldn't really visualise what they might come up with but I'm happy with the result.

The holograms in the danger room can actually hurt you. The only difference between fighting something in the dr is that someone is watching while you are in there so if it gets too intense, they can just shut it off.[/quote]

Even though we're supposed to suspend reality and put faith in mutant powers for these movies to work, I think dangerous holograms might be stretching things a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"