Batman '89 The Danny Elfman Appreciation Thread

LLLR posted this on their facebook page almost 24 hrs ago about the release date of their 2nd Elfman title, which is rumored to be "Midnight Run".

La La Land Records said:
Oct 22 originally was supposed to be Grimm and another Elfman title, but we recently got an unexpected quick sign off on a great horror title that we should unleash before Halloween. So, that title will be released instead of the Eflman. It's a classic from one of the modern day greats!

That Elfman title has been bumped to Nov 5 where it might share the release date with another title or two...or perhaps nothing if we don't have any sign offs soon. lol

Sigh... I'm still planning on purchasing "Black Beauty" with the second Elfman title. I'll just have to be more patient. I've been thirsty for an Elfman score since last summer's"Epic".

Last edited:
La La Land Records said:
BLACK BEAUTY: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1273
Music by Danny Elfman
Limited Edition of 3000 Units

STARTS SHIPPING OCT 8th
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

blackbeauty-cover_zpsbbb5f15a.jpg

ORDER “BLACK BEAUTY: LIMITED EDITION” starting Oct 8th at 12pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com

La-La Land Records, Warner Bros. and WEA present the latest reamstered and expanded title in our collection of notable scores celebrating Warner Bros.’ 90th Anniversary – the original motion picture score to the 1994 family drama BLACK BEAUTY, starring Sean Bean and David Thewlis, and directed by Caroline Thompson. Lush, gorgeous, but also stirring and strong in spirit, Mr. Elfman’s score is much like the film’s titular creature and is considered to be one of his finest works. This deluxe treatment, expanded to nearly 79 minutes, finally gives this important film score the release it has always warranted. Produced by Dan Goldwasser and mastered by James Nelson, this special release, limited to 3000 Units, features attractive art design by Dan Goldwasser and exclusive, in-depth liner notes from film music writer Jeff Bond, with comments from the composer and the film’s director. A must for all film music enthusiasts!

TRACK LISTING:

1. Main Titles 2:34
2. Birth (“Baby Beauty”) 4:41
3. Gang on the Run** / Bye Mum* 4:37
4. Beauty* 1:18
5. Merrylegs 2:03
6. Kicking Up a Storm 1:36
7. Jump for Joy (film version)* 1:02
8. The Rescue* 2:27
9. Sick 3:18
10. He’s Back (Revival) / Frolic 4:00
11. The Fire* 3:42
12. Carriage* (unused) / The Dance / Bye Merrylegs 3:23
13. Goodbye Joe 1:18
14. Ginger Snaps 3:21
15. Wound* 0:52
16. Wild Ride / Dream 2:14
17. Injury* / Job* 2:37
18. Is It Joe? 1:21
19. Black Jack (“Mommy”)** 1:14
20. Nuns* / In the Country 3:35
21. Poor Ginger! (film version)* 3:50
22. Sick Jerry* 1:58
23. Bye Jerry 1:12
24. Hard Times / Epilogue: Saved (“Memories”) 5:30
25. End Credits 1:38

Total Score Time 66:10

BONUS TRACKS

26. Street Violin* (source) 0:42
27. Bye Mum* (alternate) 0:46
28. Job* (alternate intro) 1:07
29. Is It Joe?* (alternate) 1:21
30. Nuns* (alternate) 0:57
31. Sick Jerry* (alternate) 1:58
32. Jump for Joy (album version) 1:02
33. Poor Ginger! (album version) 4:19

Total Album Time: 78:44

*previously unreleased
** contains previously unreleased material

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/BlackBeauty.html

I'm glad they didn't put the border over the original soundtrack cover like they've done to past WEA score reissues like B89. BR, BF, etc. Looking forward to this as soon as the other Elfman title's released next month.

Well it seems like someone did record the concert at the Royal Albert Hall this past Monday. And then edited it into a 4 1/2 minute montage and posted it on YT. It's basically a sneak preview of the concert but good stuff. I'm sure it's nowhere near the experience with actually being there witnessing it in front of my own eyes, but it's better than nothing. And he only showed snippets of Pee Wee, Beetlejuice, B89, Scissorhands, and Nightmare. Hopefully more footage will leak of the concert on YT.

[YT]mX1SdvmNqfU[/YT]

God it was incredible. The Big Fish/Edward Scissorhands suites made me shed a tear or two. Unbelievable experience.

I really hope this concert gets some kind of CD recording or heck even a dvd release.

I've seen some videos of the concert from the RAH posted on YT. Thought about posting 'em up here but decided not to. Didn't want to spoil the experience for those planning on going and are already booked for the upcoming concerts like mongoose-mania.

Someone who has seen the movie has confirmed that Elfman wrote the score for American Hustle. It's another small and short score but still, nice to see Elfman getting 'prestigious' projects.

Danny Elfman is the best. I wouldn't mind if he came back and scored Afflecks Batman. I'm tired of Zimmer's ****

^^^
batman-forever-thumbs-up-o.gif

I'm just tired of Zimmer's superhero scores in general.

@ddddeeee Wow! Great Elfman news about "American Hustle". Movie's getting a lot of Oscar buzz too. Though I doubt Elfman will get a nomination if SLP is any proof. It's good to know Elfman's attached to a film of that scale and caliber instead of another animated kids movie, which are fine once in a while. I'm surprised that he got another chance to work with O' Russell since he seems hard to work with, imo. Guess they really hit off on SLP. Wonder if the score's gonna get the same treatment as SLP if ever released.

Eventhough this is sort of old news b/c again ddddeeee already confirmed some upcoming Elfman projects ("American Hustle". Mr. Peabody & Sherman", and "Big Eyes") up here. But I thought I post the link anyway where Film Music Reporter makes this news official.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/1...-sherman-and-tim-burtons-big-eyes/#more-20693

And I'm very curious of the kind of score he wrote for "American Hustle". And how much score was written and used.

Last edited:
Besides Nightmare and Corpse Bride, I've never been too thrilled with Elfman's animated scores. Meet the Robinsons is fun, but not really memorable. Then again, I haven't heard all of his Epic score yet. I heard it was wonderful though.

Epic is great. That said, Mr Peabody reads more like Meet the Robinsons than Epic.

I wasn't overly excited but some new stills were released a few days back and it looks very good actually.

29d7228348a0c2be2969e010.L.jpg

After being released in select cities on Oct. 22nd of ‘93’. 20 years ago today “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” opened in theaters everywhere in the US. It became a cult phenomenon. There wasn’t anything like it before. A stop motion animated musical that dealt with both Halloween and Christmas. The movie was a visual feast for the eyes. But the stunning stop motion animation and witty story would feel incomplete without the songs and score composed by Elfman tying both together.

It really doesn’t surprise me now why Burton wanted Elfman to write songs since Elfman at the time had a rock band back in the 80s to mid 90s. Burton even visited him during clubs to watch him perform, which led to his hiring to score “Pee Wee’s Big Adventure” in the first place. Elfman wrote ten songs. And later, after the film was completed, wrote over an hour of score. That was back in ‘90’ (I believe ) the script was still in progress. To come up with the songs Elfman had to work off of ideas and sketches from Burton. So Burton would come over Elfman’s house presenting ‘em to him. Then Elfman would write and perform synth mock-ups of each song that would take place at a certain moment in the film. Then screenwriter Caroline Thompson (Edward Scissorhands), who was Elfman’s girlfriend at one point and would collaborate again on 1994‘s “Black Beauty“, used the songs to drive her screenplay. Therefore Elfman’s songs had a hand in piecing the script together. Burton was unable to direct TNBC b/c he was working on “Batman Returns” which needed his full attention. So he hired friend/director Henry Selick to handle the directing duties.

When hiring the voice actor for Jack Skellington, Selick and co. hired veteran actor Chris Sarandon (“Fright Night”, “The Princess Bride”, “Child’s Play”) but when it came to the singing Elfman suggested to Burton that he should perform all the singing for Jack. And Burton very much obliged to that notion. Listening to the songs (especially the Jack eccentric songs) I could tell Elfman really related to Jack. He understood the character’s frustrations of wanting something different. Just as the character was bored with being the Pumpkin King and following the same tradition once every year in Halloween Town. Elfman was bored with the Boingo concerts and touring, but wanted to explore more of his talents as a film composer at the time. Both Jack and Elfman were at the height of their careers. To this day I think Jack Skellington is the only character he’s written music for where both had a lot in common.

The songs in the score are either operatic, jazzy, whimsical, gothic, melodramatic, upbeat, gloomy, twisted, tragic, or quirky. Pretty much anything you’d associate with a Burton/Elfman project. The songs do a great deal of underlining both the spirit of Halloween and Christmas. Which makes this score/film perfect to listen/watch for both holidays. It helps that in the story Jack is trying to understand the meaning of Christmas before he decides to celebrate it and take over Santa‘s duties. The Christmas songs do a an impeccable job of reflecting that. Most of the melodies from the majority of the songs are employed throughout the original score.

“This Is Halloween” is a playfully spooky and gloomy song that represents Jack and the citizens of Halloween Town. It also informs the listener/viewer that the citizens/monsters of Halloween Town aren’t mean or dangerous but different. And only use what makes them unusual to commemorate Halloween. This song really honors the spirit of Halloween. And gives the audience a reasonable understanding of why these characters spend 365 days to prepare for that holiday to only celebrate it once a year. The melody which is utilized throughout the score is the theme that depicts Halloween Town and it’s inhabitants.

“Jack’s Lament” is a melancholic track which highlights Jacks boredom of Halloween and his position at Halloween Town. As well as his yearning for something fresh. The melody in this track imitates Jack’s depression and emotional side. Both the lyrics and music manages to assist the audience on sympathizing with Jack ‘s disinterest of his public persona. I could tell through Elfman’s passionate singing voice that he got a real grasp on Jack’s inner turmoil and frustration of being the Pumpkin King.

“What’s This?” is probably the catchiest song of the whole score. The melody portrays Jack’s curiosity, which in this case is of Christmas. While the first two songs were underwhelming (in a good way) and melodramatic. However, “What’s This?“ is a very amusing and humorous song that explores the more pleasant and whimsical side of the score. It has a Christmas-y tone, which even includes sleigh bells rings at one point of the song. “What’s This?” does an immaculate job of mimicking the spirit of Christmas Town and the hoiday in general. It’s a very optimistic and dynamic track. I really get a sense of Jack’s excitement through Elfman’s hyperactive singing, which could be contagious for the listener/viewer. It really compliments Jack being inspired and rejuvenated to seek Christmas for his next holiday instead of Halloween again.

“Town Meeting Song” exhibits the absurd and dark humor of the moment when Jack displays some examples of what he discovered from Christmas Town to the citizens of Halloween Town. As they try to process what Jack’s presenting to them, they continue to misconstrue the fundamentals behind Christmas by sharing some bizarre and wicked suggestions as gifts and such, which are of course more appropriate for Halloween gags. The melody for this song is basically Halloween Town’s secondary theme. It supports Halloween Town’s morbid curiosity and enthusiasm of Christmas.
Elfman gets more melodramatic with “Jack’s Obsession”. This particular melody is another theme for Jack whereas this one emphasizes his difficulty of grasping his fixation of Christmas and it’s significance. It’s a very touching melody that examines Jack’s passion for creating his own Christmas.

Some might find ”Kidnap The Sandy Claws” mean spirited with some of the cruel ways Lock, Shock, and Barrel describe how they plan to seize Santa but it’s all tongue in cheek. It’s a twisted and mischievous song but it’s part of this score’s charm. The melody is a perfect fit for the corrupt children. “Kidnap The Sandy Claus” is another instance of this film’s dark sense of humor. It’s skillfully performed by Elfman, Catherine O’Hara, and Paul “Pee Wee” Reubens, who actually sound like demented little children in this track.

“Making Christmas” is a jolly and cheerful song from Halloween Town that explores their exhilaration of celebrating Christmas. The melody exploits the humor behind the Halloween Town’s deranged idea of what Christmas is to them. The use of the melody from “Jack’s Lament”, when Jack appears, as he observes everyone’s gifts is nicely used. The music during the inter cutting between both citizens of Halloween Town and Christmas Town preparing for Christmas does a nice job of differentiating the tone of both moments simultaneously. The music when Halloween Town’s prepping gifts is more hectic, murky, and over the top, while Christmas Town is a lot more euphoric and graceful. This song also gives the impression of anticipating Christmas day both from Santa & his elves, Jack & Halloween Town, and the children (of the real world) expecting their gifts. It succeeds with putting me in a Christmas spirit.

“Oogie Boogie’s Song” might be another song that might come off too vile and crude. Again it deals with threatening Santa Claus, but it‘s all in diabolical fun. The antagonist of the movie Oogie Boogie sings about what he plans to do with Santa in gruesome ways, while singing about how infamous and sordid he is. It’s a sinister, dark, and jazzy song, which is an homage to the old Cab Calloway and Max Fleischer cartoons. Ken Page brought the perfect amount of menace and oomph to the character. Can’t imagine anybody else playng Oogie but Page. With that deep larger than life voice of his.

The bittersweet, somber, and tender melody of “Sally’s Song” is basically Sally’s theme, but it also can be appointed as the love theme for Jack and Sally. Elfman really goes for the unrequited love approach between the two characters with both the lyrics and melody. The song deals with her passion and affections for Jack even though he’s unaware of her feelings for him. Catherine O’Hara beautifully performs this romantic song that let‘s the audience recognize that even a rag doll can fall in love as any normal person can.

The melody for “Poor Jack” is only heard in this song. I don’t recall hearing it anywhere else in the score or film. It’s a very remorseful song where Jack realizes that he might’ve ruined Christmas for everyone only to please his ego. So he takes a moment to self reflect on what went wrong. Begins realizing that taking over Christmas rejuvenated him as the Pumpkin King to prepare for next Halloween, but first he has to find Santa before Christmas is ruined. Elfman’s performance really digs deep into Jack’s grief for failing himself. I really empathize for Jack b/c his intentions though misinterpreted were noble, admirable, but executed erratically that didn’t appeal to those celebrating Christmas. It’s a poetic song that shows Jack taking responsibility for his mistake and trying to reconcile for ’em.

There’s two semi songs, for lack of a better word, in “Finale/Reprise”. “Finale” opens when Jack returns to Halloween Town after saving Sally and Santa from the Oogie Boogie’s clutches. Halloween Town begin singing and praising Jack’s return (after being presumed dead) as the melody for “Jack’s Lament” underscores this momentous and triumphant event. It suddenly switches into the “What’s This?” theme after Santa pays one last visit to cause snowing in Halloween Town for the first time. The bewildered townspeople begin singing “What This?”. Some of the citizens of HT become more or less enthused about Christmas after that experience. The “Sally’s Song” tune kicks in to carry the rest of the finale. As Sally and Jack perform a duet together and embrace one another. Giving this macabre and gloomy score/movie/story a romantic and satisfying ending.

Even though the songs as marvelous as all of ‘em are tend to steal the show from the score itself. The music is still very much sublime. The melodies from most of the songs are efficiently interjected during many moments of this whimsical score.
It’s intriguing to note that on the album during tracks ‘Opening” and “Closing” (which was unused in the film) Patrick Stewart was the voice of the narrator, but in the film another actor’s voice was used, which was un-credited in the movie . It sounded like the voice of Santa (Ed Ivory) in the movie. I don’t know the story behind it. Though I am curious to why this was scraped from the final film.

As you can already tell I’m a big fan of this score. I even own the 2-CD special edition album that was released around Halloween in ‘06’. It featured the original 1993 soundtrack album on disc 1. Disc 2 had bonus tracks featuring some songs being adapted and performed by such artists as Marilyn Manson, Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy, Fiona Apple, etc. It was only five particular songs adapted. It also included some of the synth mockups of the songs performed by Elfman. In the fall of ’08’ Disney released another album (“Nightmare Revisited”) that adapted the score and songs from the TNBC original soundtrack. Which included such artists as The All-American Rejects, Korn, Yoshida Brothers, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Amy Lee, etc. As well as Elfman himself providing the narration from “Opening” and “Closing”, which was a nice treat for me. I even own the version released from the 25th Anniversary Elfman/Burton Music Box released back in ‘11’, which contained the original 1993 soundtrack album with bonus and expanded tracks. As well as all synth demos of the songs, the orchestra only versions of the songs, foreign versions of five songs, as well as an unused song “It’s Time” (performed by Elfman with guitars by orchestrator/Boingo guitarist/friend Steve Bartek), a music box suite of TNBC, with some other demos, and alternate ideas.

This score as well as the film is a true masterpiece, imho. I enjoyed watching the film as a little kid. And it holds up quite well today also. I was surprised by Elfman’s talents back when this was released b/c then I wasn’t aware he could sing or was apart of a rock band. Even though I think the film is top notch in all depts. Elfman easily stole this movie, imho. What’s funny about that is I remembering reading somewhere that he wasn’t a fan of musicals. This score and film was a tour de force for him. What a way to follow Batman ‘89’, Edward Scissorhands, and Batman Returns. Again this is a good example of Elfman being robbed of an Oscar nomination. He was robbed one for B89, Edward, and even BR ,imo, as well. Heck I even believe he should’ve won for TNBC. And since there wasn’t any nominations for animated movies at the time, the film itself should’ve won a special Oscar for it’s achievements of being a full length (and imaginative) stop motion animated musical. I guess it wasn’t appreciated much then as it has been overtime. I don’t like to rank Elfman scores, after all you know the saying “it’s like picking your favorite child“, but I got to say this score is top 5 (maybe even top 3) Elfman, imo. I highly recommend this movie/score to anyone who hasn’t seen/heard this film/soundtrack. Both make a nice Halloween and Christmas tradition.

Happy 20th anniversary to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas!!!!

Lalaland are releasing Restless next week! Great news, a big gap in Elfman's discography will be filled. Midnight Run must be for next year.

Yeah I just found out about that. I didn't see that coming. And I agree about "Midnight Run" possibly coming out next year. I was really looking forward to that one since I never owned the now OOP original soundtrack. But "Restless" is a welcome Elfman release none the less that never got one when it hit theaters.

La La Land Records said:
Next Tuesday, Nov 5, 2013 at 12 pm NOON pst La-La Land Records is honored to be releasing 2 WORLD PREMIERE soundtracks by two of our favorite composers:

First up:
RESTLESS
MUSIC BY DANNY ELFMAN
LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS...
LLLCD 1274
RETAIL PRCE: $19.98

PRODUCED BY DANNY ELFMAN
MASTERED BY PATRICIA SULLVIVAN AT BERNIE GRUNDMAN MASTERING
LINER NOTES BY TIM GREIVING
ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records and Sony Pictures Entertainment present the world premiere release of Danny Elfman’s score to the 2011 Gus Van Sant dark quirky romantic drama RESTLESS. Scored much in the style of MILK and TAKING WOODSTOCK, this quaint, beautiful little score tugs at the heart strings as well as tickles the funny bone. It’s the story of a terminally ill teenage girl falls for a boy who likes to attend funerals. New interview with director Gus Van Sant are a highlight in the detailed liner notes by Tim Greiving. Dan Goldwasser’s lovely art direction round out the package.

BONUS OFFER: If you purchase RESTLESS directly through the La-La Land Records website you will receive, at absolutely NO CHARGE, a FREE COPY of Danny Elfman’s score to TAKING WOODSTOCK. PLEASE NOTE: Supplies are limited and you are not guaranteed a copy of Taking Woodstock.

Looks like I need to check out the movie. I haven't seen it yet. I plan on purchasing this with "Black Beauty" some time next month. Speaking of Elfman/Van Sant projects I still need to buy the Promised Land CD. That's great that the Elfman/Van Sant titles are getting a CD release. We still got Good Will Hunting to look forward to as well.

Someone was kind enough to post photos of the concert in LA this week on another forum.

elfmanburton said:
DANNY ELFMAN’S MUSIC FROM THE FILMS OF TIM BURTON at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles.
elfmanburton said:
988342_10151955172895831_1718228108_n.jpg

DANNY ELFMAN sings THE OOGIE BOOGIE SONG from THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

613x.jpg

DANNY ELFMAN sings WHAT’S THIS live in sync with the animation from THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

1395247_10151955172250831_611375174_n.jpg

Violinist SANDY CAMERON performs the EDWARD SCISSORHANDS Suite

1424280_10151955171320831_2089704791_n.jpg

Theremin player performs MARS ATTACKS!

1395914_10151955171920831_909246887_n.jpg

CORPSE BRIDE with PAGE L.A. CHOIR and HOLLYWOOD SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA conducted by JOHN MAUCERI

1234142_10151955172505831_1591256513_n.jpg

CATHERINE O’HARA, the original voice of Sally in THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS sings SALLY’S SONG.

1381173_10151955171695831_1790705072_n.jpg

BATMAN conducted by JOHN MAUCERI with the HOLLYWOOD SYMPHONY ORCHESTA and PAGE L.A. CHOIR

5_79497.jpg

TIM BURTON and DANNY ELFMAN backstage with Guest Performer CATHERINE O’HARA

Good to see that the true Sally was able to perform "Sally's Song" for one of the concerts, at least.

The Danny Elfman concert on Halloween completely blew me out of the water. I've been a fan of Elfman and Burton since I was a child, and since I never got to see Oingo Boingo perform, I absolutely had to go to this show. I flew all the way out from Philadelphia PA just to be there. What an experience!
The orchestra and choir were in perfect form. At times, I would say they even surpassed the recordings released on the soundtracks. There's just something about hearing those scores performed that put a huge smile on my face, and there was such an electric energy in the theatre that night. When Danny Elfman finally took the stage during the Nightmare Before Christmas set, everyone lost their minds. Here he was, after all these years, back on stage again. His performance, his energy, the sheer ferocity he put into the songs that night was spectacular. Having Catherine O'Hara make an appearance for "Sally's Song" was an added bonus. Of course, one of the greatest moments was when Elfman and conductor John Mauceri performed a duet of "Oogie Boogie's Song." It was as if Elfman had gone all the way back in time to his Mystic Knights days, dancing wildly across the stage, putting his all into every lyric.
When it was all over, Elfman brought Tim Burton out, and the roof was almost blown off the place. Having them both there that night, celebrating each other and putting on the best show I've ever seen, really made it the greatest Halloween of all time.
Highlights were Pee-wee's Big Adventure, Beetlejuice, Batman/Batman Returns, Corpse Bride, Frankenweenie, Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Alice in Wonderland. Really, an incredible show all around. I hope there will be some kind of DVD release in the future.

Thanks for sharing mongoose-mania. I'm glad you enjoyed the concert.

There's plenty of videos posted of both concerts at the Royal Albert Hall and LA Nokia Theater on YT of various Elfman scores/songs that I could share. I wanted to share this one for those unable to go like myself. Even though it isn't the whole segment, but I like the position the camera is angled.

[YT]Da6WtE0e93M[/YT]

"Restless" is now avalable at LLLR. For those who don't own Elfman's "Taking Woodstock" their site is giving a good deal for it if you order "Restless".

La La Land Records said:
LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS NEW RELEASES: Tues, 12pm (PST) Nov 5, 2013

“restless: limited edition”
Music by Danny Elfman

FREE DANNY ELFMAN EXCLUSIVE!

Order restlesss starting NOV 5 at 12pm (PST) and get a FREE copy of the composer’s TAKING WOODSTOCK at no additional charge. The free CD will be packed with your order when it ships! Only at www.lalalandrecords.com for a limited time. These free copies are NOT guaranteed.

restless: limited edition LLLCD 1274
Music by Danny Elfman
Limited Edition of 2000 Units

restless-cover_zps5a4665a1.jpg

STARTS SHIPPING NOV 5
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

ORDER “restless: limited edition” starting Nov 5 at 12pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com

La-La Land Records and Sony Pictures Entertainment present the original motion picture score to the 2011 feature film drama restless, starring Mia Wasikowska and Henry Hopper and directed by Gus Van Sant. Renowned composer Danny Elfman (EDWARD SCISSORHANDS, BATMAN, SOMMERSBY, BLACK BEAUTY) crafts another notable original score – a delicate, but stirring work, in the vein of his music for MILK and SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK, that expertly finds the heart and soul of Van Sant’s delightfully offbeat romantic drama. Produced by Danny Elfman and mastered by Patricia Sullivan at Bernie Grundman mastering, this special release is limited to 2000 units and includes exclusive, in-depth liner notes from film music writer Tim Greiving which feature comments from director Gus Van Sant. The attractive art direction is by Dan Goldwasser.

TRACK LISTING:

1. titles 2:41
2. battleship 1:09
3. reconciliation 1:26
4. sorry for your loss 1:54
5. waterbirds 1:43
6. meet the parents 2:20
7. on the beach 2:09
8. hiroshima 1:06
9. morning affair 1:33
10. morgue 1:18
11. crime scene 2:45
12. death scene 2:06
13. happy dead girl 1:11
14. battleship 2 1:50
15. a ghost 1:00
16. the letter 1:34
17. parents’ grave 1:49
18. weepy donuts 3:31
19. enoch’s goodbye 1:21

total album time: 34:25

Here's an update on the upcoming "Good Will Hunting" release.

Music Box Records said:
This is it! We have fixed all legal issues.
The coming CD album will contain the five songs by Elliott Smith (including "Miss Misery") and the complete original score composed by Danny Elfman. We will also include more cues than the FYC Promotional CD.

The album will likely be released in 2014.
http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/boa...151&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=1&r=721#bottom

Very much looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"