adzmullz1

Sidekick
Reaction score
The perfect dark knight :
He's the right age,
He looks the part,
He's got "the jaw",
he has that "Dark" feel to him ,
he's going to be and "A" list actor after "Reign of fire"...............

yep , u got it ! , CHRISTIAN BALE is Batman :batman:

Biography
"He is not only a wonderful actor with great screen presence, but he has a good soul -- and that comes through."
Gillian Armstrong, Director of LITTLE WOMEN

ON CHRISTIAN
Christian Bale was born in Pembrokeshire, Wales, of Celtic ancestry, on 30 January 1974, and grew up in Oxfordshire and Dorset in England, as well as in Portugal, and in California. He has no nickname, preferring to be called simply "Christian." He makes his home wherever he is filming and with family in the US and UK. Over 6 feet tall, Christian has brown hair and hazel eyes. He has a small scar under his right eye which he got from a sports accident in high school...................
:batman:

Uh, I guess you like Christian Bale, don't you?:D

I don't think I have seen any of his movies, so I'm not gonna vote on this one.

Originally posted by ultimatefan
Uh, I guess you like Christian Bale, don't you?:D

I don't think I have seen any of his movies, so I'm not gonna vote on this one.

I admit , i am a Bale fan , i myself have only seen American Psycho ( but i will be seeing Reign of fire) , and i just think he will suit this part very well .

Anyone got any arguments ?

I think Bale was excellent in American Psycho. But I think he might be a little to old looking to pull off a young Wayne.
I'd much rather see someone like Matt Damon, who might not be very much younger (maybe he is, I don't know), but he does look like he's younger.

So... I'd like to see Matt Damon as Wayne/Batman. :)

wow never thought of it but matt damon would rock

I think Bale is all wrong for the role. Maybe Jim Caviezel?

Yeah, Jim Caviezel would be awesome if he put just a little more muscle on.

What movies has Jim Caviezel been in,cos i don't think i have seen any off them.Whats he look like?

He's been in "Angel Eyes" with Jennifer Lopez, "The Count of Monte Cristo" with Guy Pearce, and Frequency with Dennis Quaid.

Pretty much dark haired, could maybe work out more to get the part.

Originally posted by adzmullz1

I admit , i am a Bale fan , i myself have only seen American Psycho ( but i will be seeing Reign of fire) , and i just think he will suit this part very well .

Anyone got any arguments ?

Christian Bale.

Very gifted actor, has an explosive dark side, which he demonstrated to perfection in American Psycho, he also played the villain in SHAFT (remake) and played opposite Nic Cage in Captain Corellis Mandolin.
Debuted in Spilebergs Empire of The Sun.

English, 28 Yrs old.
Although plays an American very convincingly.
He is 6ft 1- 6ft 2.
In my opinion could be the best suggestion yet for the Role of the Young DARK KNIGHT. Very gifted actor.
The only point I would make is that BATMAN of the Comic is supposed to be 230lbs +, but he could buff up as he did for American Psycho.
If there going with the rubber suit, then he is my number one guy for YR ONE.

Originally posted by Anakin

Christian Bale.

English, 28 Yrs old.
Although plays an American very convincingly.
He is 6ft 1- 6ft 2.
In my opinion could be the best suggestion yet for the Role of the Young DARK KNIGHT. Very gifted actor.
The only point I would make is that BATMAN of the Comic is supposed to be 230lbs +, but he could buff up as he did for American Psycho.
If there going with the rubber suit, then he is my number one guy for YR ONE.

Christian Bale = Welsh ! ( sorry for the exclamation , i'm just very patriotic :) ) , and he still is buffed up from American Psycho.

In my view , it's Bale for Year One / Batman VS Superman (whichever one they make) , or if he does'nt do it , COLIN FARELL

...he would be great as Batman. I thought Boreanaz(?) was perfect due to Angel's main purpose being brooding, but Bale is an intelligent choice. He could obviously do Bruce Wayne if he incorporates half of his Patrick Bateman, but Bateman's character also had many cold stares that would be perfect as Batman. Just get a director who understands Batman is a DARK character and you got a good movie. Now get Jason Lee as the Year One Joker!

Originally posted by MADman!
Now get Jason Lee as the Year One Joker!

Yes. Hell yes. I've been saying Jason Lee for Joker since "Dogma" and it's good to see someone have the same idea.

And as far as Bateman goes, he'd be good for "Bvs.S" but he might be a bit too old for "YO". Then again, I've never read the book so I don't know, but I've heard he is. If he isn't, then I say sign him up right now. If he is, I say get Colin Farrell. I know he's already done a comic book film, but I think he'd kick ass in the role.

Christian Bale = Welsh ! ( sorry for the exclamation , i'm just very patriotic :) ) , and he still is buffed up from American Psycho.

Not trying to start an argument here, but I wrote English because reading an Interview with him last year in Empire in the UK, he stated that he is or considers himself English, despite the fact that he was born in Wales.

1. Well , Mr Bale may consider himself English , but where your are born is where you are from (that makes him welsh , sorry Christian) .

2. We now seem to be stuck in a two horse race between BALE and FARREL . Too be honest , i don't mind either.

3. an interesting point , BOTH of them are British. Batman is American is'nt he ? , might this effect the casting ? , BUT , BOTH can do perfect American accents

4.I read in a different post " Get Mark Wahlberg for Batman" . If this happens i may consider suicide , a very bad idea !

BALE or FARREL = :batman:

very very hard in my opinion for me to picture him as the bat, i still don't have a fav though of who i might have in mind for as the dark knight, but i just cannot picture bale.

1. Well , Mr Bale may consider himself English , but where your are born is where you are from (that makes him welsh , sorry Christian) .

What if you were born in a taxi in New York but your parents are citizens of Brazil? Does that make you a New Yorker. Or better yet... What if you were born on a plane or a ship not in any designated country.

Where you are from doesn't define you.

It's like Terry Gilliam, Living in England for more than 30 years but is still considered the American in Monty Python. He's an ex-patriot, they like to say. Like he betrayed the US just cause he liked living in England better. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

I don't care who they pick for the new batman if they every make a new movie. As long as they don't pick the same guy as they did for batman forever. eewww.

3. an interesting point , BOTH of them are British. Batman is American is'nt he ? , might this effect the casting ? , BUT , BOTH can do perfect American accents

Farrell is Irish. Just thought I'd pass that on.......There is a difference between "cup o' tea" and "pint of guiness."

Well....I'm an Irish American....I'll take the "pint of Guinness" Please!!;)

Originally posted by rory

Farrell is Irish. Just thought I'd pass that on.......There is a difference between "cup o' tea" and "pint of guiness."

typical stereotyping.

It's more like a pint of beer in britain then a cup of tea.

I think Bale was excellent in American Psycho. But I think he might be a little to old looking to pull off a young Wayne.
I'd much rather see someone like Matt Damon, who might not be very much younger (maybe he is, I don't know), but he does look like he's younger.

So... I'd like to see Matt Damon as Wayne/Batman.

what the hell you on about. Get your facts straight be fore you post! Bale is 28, he's not too old. AND Damon is older then bale at the age of 31.

Originally posted by biggles2000uk

what the hell you on about. Get your facts straight be fore you post! Bale is 28, he's not too old. AND Damon is older then bale at the age of 31.

NO, what are you on about? I said he looks too old, while I think Damon has kind of a baby-face which makes him look quite a deal younger.
But this is of course just my opinion, I'm not trying to pass it off as fact or anything.
Don't get all bent out of shape over nothing.

At first I did not like the thought of Christian Bale becoming Batman. Now, on the other hand, that I have just seen Reign of Fire for the second time last night and it becomes more and more clearer to me that he may actually be the best Batman to date. I don't like to say this, for the fact that I thought the Keaton came across as a very descent Batman, but now there are doubts, very, very large doubts.

For those of you who believe Christian Bale looks too old for Y1:

Did Michael Keaton honestly look like he should have in his first year? No, he looked far older. Yet the general consensus is that he was the best. I'm not saying any of you are wrong, I'm just saying that I don't think it's that much of an issue, as far as Bale is concerned. And yes, Matt Damon does have a babyface, which is exactly why I would not consider him for the role (although I like his acting and all that).

But yes, I am a Bale advocate. Jason Lee as the Joker is a good idea as well, and I also think it would be interesting to see Jude Law play that part (although from what I've heard, he's supposedly landed the role of Supes.)

But when it comes down to it, us people (sadly) don't really have a say in the casting choices. If it does end up coming down the Farerl as bats and Law as Superman, I'll hold off my judgements till I see the movie. Or the trailer. ;) They're not terrible actors, actually very talented. As long as they do their jobs well, I'll be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"